Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DBP vs Dark SDK Speed test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 00:37
I am thinking of getting Dark SDK after the next update. Could someone convert this over to DGSDK and tell me how many FPS you get. I get 90 in DBP.

It also takes quite a bit of time to load. Thank you.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 01:37
wouldnt the machine specs have to be exactly the same for this test to be valid?

FREE Automatic file updates for your distributed Games and Apps - see Program Announcements Forum - DBP Demo
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 02:21
Well yes, I wasn't thinking clearly. So when I get home I'll post a DBP exe for someone to test as well, if they can't just compile that code I'm really more wanting a DBP vs DGSDK comparison more than a machine one.

I just need:

DBP fps = ""
DGSDK fps = ""

On the same machine.

Zeal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 06:50 Edited at: 7th Mar 2006 06:53
Well let me be the first to say, welcome to the team! I was expecting a slightly bigger performance increase, but this still isnt bad. DarkSDK really breaks away form pro when you have a large program with a lot of complex looping/calculations. Simple rendering stuff is gonna be pretty much the same.

Anyway, I say its worth 60 bucks just so people dont laugh when you say you program in basic.

DBPro U6b2

98 FPS (and it took FOREVER to load)

DarkSDK 1.1.1

(check my code)

107 FPS (and still took FOREVER to load)

My system -
AMD 2.2ghz
1Gig pc3200 ddr ram
ATI radeon 9800 pro

*btw 1.1.1 is ANCIENT (doesnt even have the calculate bounds command). I saw a pretty decent overall performance increase in all my pro apps when I upgraded from 5.9 to 6 beta, so ill bet when sdk catches up, things will get another boost.

All you need is zeal
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 07:42
Thx. At the next update I will most likely be buying it after you guys test it of course.

Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Let's hope we get _something_ to test some time soon LiT... and I am keeping an eye out for NG as you mentioned in another thread
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 10:48
Yeah Matthew is going to get the NGC v4.01 out for basics and then put out a Dark DSK version No NGC was another eason I was holding off on DGSDK, thoguh I am sure I could have found a way to make the c++ version work if I just had the time.

You can follow the progress in these 2 threads.

http://www.nuclearglory.com/php-bin/forums/view_topic.php?id=361&forum_id=2

http://www.nuclearglory.com/php-bin/forums/view_topic.php?id=378&forum_id=3

Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 13:00
DBPro fps = "50"
DGSDK fps = "85"

My system -
AMD 3000xp
1Gb ram
ATI radeon 9700 pro

Noticeable difference.
MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 19:45
DBPro fps = 44
DGDK fps = 44-42

My system: (In need of a serious format. Been going with no reinstall for 3 years now and it shows.)
AMD 2000xp
1GB ram
ATI Radeon 9600 pro

Ummmm. My versin of DBPro is 5.8 and DGDK is 1.1.1. The code for DBPro has the object bounds command remed out as version 5.8 doesn´t have it. Though the DGDK code also has it remed out as it doesn´t have it either. Seems that DGDK is slower on my pc. I checked it twice to make sure. Though the diference is hard to make out.

My signature has been erased by me because it's LARGE.
Thank you for the votez!1!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 00:26:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 00:26:23