Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / New hosting [b]breakthrough[/b].. take a look and get discounts!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 20:58
Just to say that http://www.bladehost.net has recently added more space and bandwidth to all of its packages, and the prices have stayed the same...

If anyone on here wants any hosting or something similar (design, etc) please send an email to sales@bladehost.net, along with your Community Member nickname and ill see about doing everyone some discounts, how does that sound?

Thanks all,
Michael Derbyshire
BladeHOST.net - For all your web hosting needs!
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 21:49
I'm really impressed at how far Bladehost has come... and what great deals you still offer . Congrats!

--Mouse
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 22:28
BladeHost
Vapournet
Maxispace

And to some extent Southeast Creations.

DB paved the way for web hosting/designing.

Maxispace site is the best hosting one, Southeast Creations is the best Designing one, in my opinion. (I helped make Southeast Creations )

Maxispace is professionaly done, by a proper company so the others cannot really beat em at the moment.

Vapournet is comming along, it has a few niggling bugs which i know are being worked on.

BladeHose.net is missing something. But i cannot put my finger on it at the moment. It is a good thought out design but there is somming niggling.

I will post it when it comes to me.

But well done, hosting is a really hard one to be in.

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 22:37
BladeHost*

I know what it is, the logo is not the focal point, even though it is meant to be. Just needs some more colours, perhaps a bit darker. Also the pictures bellow it distract the viewer.

Also it is a bit bottom heavy. You need somming across the top. But this is not that important.

I hope you do not mind me taking your site to pieces. But it will help, getting a sale is 30% price, 60% presentation and 10% luck. So these constuctive comments will help.

There is not a set page size throughout the website. The sizes of the columns change thoughout the site. Try using pixel width properties for the left most column as it will keep the rest of the site inline.

Make a fake login, even though it does not work, just link it to a Wrong username/pass page. Having all features to seem to work is always reasuring.

Well hope this helps. I try to please.

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 22:39
Martyn, you only accounted for 100%-- everyone knows that you have to reach 150% to be successful in the hosting business

I'll add that 50% is adverisment... just my opinion

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 22:40
hehe, advertiment is part of luck

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 00:58
Maxispace sucks period.

they left my parents website offline for 4 months.

John111 isnt exactly a coporate guru.

This business is now being run by kids who annoyed the hell out of mike who is dedicated to a proper service.

This is why vapournet was created by my understanding.
Maxispace was mikes baby until John and Neil stuffed it up.

I prefer vapournet 50000% more than maxiwaist

denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 09:03
I'm happy on Vapournet.

I heard about that Maxispace screw up ages ago to.

[url][/url]
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 09:45
well Maxispace is doing much better now, they got money comming in and have learnt from thier previous mistakes.

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 08:29
I suggest http://1T3.com. It costs $29.95 (about 18£ per year. That gets you a domain, 50 megs of storage and unlimited bandwith. However, I always buy the 100 meg service ($59.98/36£ per year) for businesses that want me to build them a site. But who really needs that much web space here? Plus you get unlimited bandwith, you can't beat that one.

If you want fresh underwear in the morning, take it off the night before.
BlackRat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 18:49
ack.. dont be fooled by unlimited bandwidth. That is something that a lot of places promise, but apart from it being virtually impossible for host, the bandwidth you do get will more than likely be poor quality...

I am fairly sure that anyone from Maxispace, Vapournet or South East Creations would also back me up on this, if not all of the way then some of the way

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 19:02
it is possible.

you have 200000GB transfer a month and they will not close your site. It will just be very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very slow.

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 19:13
BlackRat - so true, "unlimited bandwidth" is a complete phallacy in the hosting world and any (serious) company that offers it always has a clause in their terms and conditions somewhere. It would be insane business logic not to.

Martyn - 200,000 GB per month? Do you have any idea how much money it would cost to route that kind of traffic (no matter what speed it goes out at!) That's approx. 277 GB per hour (4.6GB per minute!) I doubt even Amazon handles that kind of traffic!!

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 19:24
lol

OK i exagerated.

The only thing you have to note is that under the AUP on most hosts your bandwidth may not be resticted but number of hits per hour/day/month may be

Or transfer may be limited.

By law they have to give you the unlimited bandwidth etc.

BlackRat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 23:58
Rich - Thanks for agreeing with me, lol.. I believe your probably the 2nd person in my whole life to ever agree with me, hah.

Martyn - A bit of exageration never hurt anyone, lol

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 00:36
Hmmmm... the best plan on Bladehost is more expensive than the best Maxispace one, for less space... but more bandwidth! Interesting .

I'll go with Bladehost should I ever need good hosting .

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 08:34:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 08:34:12