Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Fullscreen Exclusive and Custom Dialogs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
1. When i go into Exclusive mode my viewable screen area goes all off to the left and is sized all funkilly. Has anyone else noticed this, and any ideas on how to combat it?

2. When i go into Exclusive mode my custom dialogs all disapear. I tried messing with the dialog properties, to no avail, and now believe it may be impossible. Any Ideas?

Thanks
-B

Some days the cascading moments which constitute my experience dissolve to reveal a sense of clarity which transcends reasoning.
And then there are days like today.
Classic Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 05:36
no

There are two types of people in this world: people who are extremly cool and are good at everything and people who are me.
FoxBlitzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 08:45
Exclusive mode is exactly what it says on the tin. It will only draw the graphics from the DirectX interface. Any Windows dialogs, borders, etc. will be ignored.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
1GB DDR-SDRAM (May increase to 2GB one day)
512MB ATI Radeon X1800 Series - Finally! A card that does pixel shaders correctly!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 11:47
1 - You probably need to look for monitor drivers specifically for your monitor ... or stop using fullscreen exclusive. In summary, it's your system, not the SDK, that has the problem.

2 - It is possible with DirectX to get a GDI compatible surface so that message boxes and other dialogs can be seen, but I can't remember where I saw it, and it probably can't be done in the SDK anyway - there's too much that you don't control.

For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 12:59
Probably saw it in the DirectX sample programs...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 08:16:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 08:16:09