Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Enhanced Audio Plugin v1.51

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Dirrectional or 3d sound is a part of modern games nowa days and adds to gameplay ie in shooters you can tell where enemies are coming from by the sound of their footsteps etc.

The admiral
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 17:40 Edited at: 5th Dec 2006 17:42
@Torrey - Basically not much, for a start this IMO would be enough:

AUDIO GET EAX SUPPORT() = returns 0 or 1
AUDIO PERFORM CHECKLIST FOR PRESET EAX EFFECTS = fills a checklist with supported preset eax effects
AUDIO APPLY PRESET EAX EFFECT audio_id, effect_name$ = turns on specified effect for audio_id
(If you specify and empty string for the effect name it will turn eax off for this sound)
AUDIO TURN EAX OFF = turns off eax for all currently loaded sounds

I really think that this would be enough for a quick start anyway. Because I don't believe that someone will tinker with those real advanced eax parameters to make a custom hardcore effects.

AMD Sempron 3.1+ Ghz, 512MB Ram, ATI R9550 256MB Ram, Sound Blaster Live!, WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c, DBP 6.2
http://www.myspace.com/producerolby
Hoozer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 18:23
@ Olby:
That list sounds good!

I also thought about something to get the supported EAX-Version, cause as far as I know the buid-in chipset-sound-chips from Realtek (maybe also others) support only EAX-2.0 and the Creative-add-in-cards up to EAX-5? (don't know what the highest Version actually is)!
I actually don't know why it could be usefull to know the Version, but as an info in your config-screen this might be a nice point to show up! (Looks more professional! )

AUDIO GET EAX_VERSION() = returns the actually highest supported EAX-Version. (2 or 4 or whatever)

Hoozer

AMD 64X2 4800+ (939); 2GB; GF 6800LE (@12PS, 6VS; 380 MHz, RAM: 434 MHz)
DP-Sw-Mode-Comp-Entry (updated to V. 1.2):
http://rapidshare.com/files/3326313/PhysiX-Brick-Breakout---V--1-2.zip

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:43:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:43:09