Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Digitalcandle & others

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 10:38
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a company that can offer the facility for processing your sales via the internet, without ripping you off. I am having problems with digitalcandle at the moment.

Thanks

dreamweaver sleeps
http://www.pumpkinsoftware.co.uk the makers of Fruit 'n' Loot & Psycho Pumpkins.

Proc AMD 475 mhZ, 128mb ram, crap onboard ATI 8mb video chip, DX8.1, win 98se, DB v1.13.
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 15:21
you mean a *host*?

Darken the skies, we are god
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 17:19
not sure... but i'd grab some host space from someone like 1on1.co.uk and setup a paypal account
that way you can process your own sales

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Steverino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 02:19
I've used Digital Candle for a while now, and it's worked pretty well for me. What problem are you having with them?

PayPal takes the smallest bite out of your retail price, but last I checked they didn't automate the process the way Digital Candle does.

The sad fact is, however, for most one-person operations it's such a rare thrill to get an actual sale that you don't mind filling the order by hand.

Surrealist writing toy -- http://www.iconpoet.com
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 15:15
well i've never used Digital Candle, but PayPal does like 5 major currencies Dollar$(all versions) Pound£ Euro€ Yen¥ and i can't remember the last.

they take like 3% of every 100units of currency if i remember, so like 3p / £1 for transfers... setup a php site right with it and everything can be automated and not had to worry about

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 09:47:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 09:47:32