Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Access to Image data within DLL.

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2006 22:42
I have a question: How do I get a pointer to an image from within my dll (I'm not after the current bitmap, or backbuff data, but DB-Pro Images). I do not need to know how to access DB-Pro functions (that's the easy bit), but I need to have access to the actual image data (without having to create memblocks from images and passing the pointers to the memblocks, although that would work - just too slowly). And if anyone can provide the structure of the image data too that would be awsome!

I'm guessing I will need to access the 'image exist' function, but I still don't know how to get a pointer to the actual image.

Can anyone help me on this?

Scilynt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 10:20
You'll want either GetImageData, though I don't know how to call it, or what it provides you.

void __cdecl GetImageData(int,unsigned long *,unsigned long *,unsigned long *,char * *,unsigned long *,bool)

Or you can get a pointer to the texture by using GetPointer. After getting this you can go read the DX docs on how to use it.

Both functions are in the DBProImageDebug DLL.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 10:37
Fantastic!

Thankyou!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-27 19:23:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-27 19:23:13