Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / I'm nervous!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 05:21
I asked a girl to the prom today (monday), she said maybe and will tell me tomorrow. I really like her, so she had better say yes. More on this as it develops.
Darken the skies, we are god
Incandescant
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 15:16
hehehe
Good luck.
At my prom I got ditched by my date in the last week before prom and she went with another guy.

3 years on and I've realised that love stinks

System: Athlon TBird 800Mhz, 320MB RAM, GeForce 2MX440, DX8.1
BlackRat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 21:27
Theres a few lasses I like, and we are having a prom too (but I'm in England.. i think we kinda nicked the Idea of proms from you americans, lol). Theres no way I'm gonna ask any of them though, as they all have boyfriends

Never mind.. i just wish I'd have told them how i felt some time ago, but never had the courage. F*ck it..

anyhow.. GOOD LUCK DUDE, and if she says yes.. make sure you have a DAMN good time

hehe

-mike

BladeHOST.net - For all your web hosting needs!
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 21:48
still undecisive, she's gonna call me tonight on my cell. Oh I hope I hope I hope.

Hey the message box changed, nice layout

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 23:15
Good luck! I dont like it when girls say maybe, it seems like they are undecisive. If they REALLY like you they should just say yes right off. But,,,maybe she is TESTING you, to see if you would wait that long o_O I still havent quite figured girls out

Good luck!

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy! Oh ya, and Tat has a plugin for that!
Xoid
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL, just act confident females LOVE men with abit of attitude, not too much attitude but just enough

remember: it's about attitude
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 03:13
its a little past 8 and no call...getting a bit desperate here...ill keep you informed

Chiwawa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 03:17 Edited at: 19th Mar 2003 03:17
lol she is searching for another boy...and if she cant get anybody...then BANG she will call you
Xoid
Years of Service
User Offline
Quoth, I would phone her and say YOU have a date ok, so it sounds odd, but noone should be made to wait this long and I hate to say it, maybe Chiwawa is right bitch!!
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 07:51
True, maybe mean if nothing better comes along.

I friend of mine is going as a dominatrix to prom. I think it's real cool, expecally since this is cow poke country. I told her if her date can't make it, I'ld go with her. I'll take a beating to see the shocked faces, hell, pissing off the squares is my life.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 10:51
you know i never knew that schools had proms now
when exactly did that happen? i remember Disco's and the Leaver's Dinner (or Penguin Nite) but i don't remember any proms ...

someone explain to me what the hell they are

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 10:59
Basicly they're a formal dance which girl freak out over. They are often have a theme (stary nights, heaven on earth, and other equily weak ideas) and are considered to be the biggest social event inside of school. Other than that I know little else, I try to distance myself from that croud.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 14:56
lol ... interesting expecting kids to dance formally
i think i prefered the discos, was an excuse to hang with your mates and drink

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 15:44 Edited at: 19th Mar 2003 15:46
agree with you raven completely, Schools should actually have clubs built in to them. The kids would then taste clubbin for the 1st time (<--- well thats a lie i went clubbin for the first time when i was 15)

Oh wellz

Testing a few of the new tags (well 2 of them he he I so love the edit function its gr8 )

Current Project: KS Modeller Function Library & Editor
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 18:54
lmao... hemel has/had Visage & watford had Kudos - both were suppose to be clubs for like adults, but they never had anyone over 18 in them

i have so many funny stories about how girls used to try to 'prove' they were over 18 ... even funnier when they noticed the bouncers didn't give two tupnies
was so bleedin' expensive thou like £5 for a pint of guiness, or £7 for a Bacardi which they were more likely to have in (was mostly a spirits in the clubs) - not its Desdiny or something (kudos that is) ... which means jack all cause since Area opened its got even more kids in it lol

Area is a real dag hole'n'a half - but atleast they still have a VIP area i love sitting up there listening to the music and having a clear veiw to the girls which get so drunk they get into the cages hehee

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 19:04
we are having a prom at my school

ends at 10:30.

Then we run over the street to the Blue rooms (a public/school hall thing) and get very drunk.

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 21:08
she called around 10pm, and basically the deal is she had already asked someone when i asked her, and she was waiting for his reponse. She still hasn't gotten it, and she's going to call me tonight with the final descision. If he says yes, she will pick him over me. If he says no, smooth sailing for Quoth... If she says she doesn't know, I'll just go ahead and ask someone else. I really like her, but its getting a little rediculious, and its getting to the point where soon it will be too late to ask ANYONE. I'll let you guys know tonight....

BlackRat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 00:03
*oh the suspense* - lol.. I'm not being sarcastic.. its just i have nothing better to do in my sad life except... advertise my hosting, talk to American people (who I find rather fascinating - dont ask why, i dontk know.. maybe cos I'm british and ermm.. spent the last 16 years watching american films) and listen to stories of other peoples lives, and get myself all overcome with emotions.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 00:16
BR its probably cause they're a really weird people
can sit there and watch them for hours, like a car crash on the motorway - you know you shouldn't look, but its just so interesting you can't turn away

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 01:42
Damn straight Raven
Would you sit there with a face like this
or maybe this one is better

Quoth, if you end up not going at all, you're probably better off. I mean the prom is a damn stupid idea. You're going to waist $500 to go to a a room to stand with a bunch of stupid people and one person you like. That is, unless you do it my way. Spend $85 on the tickets and your done. I'm goin with my regular clothes, no limo, nothin else; just hope she doesn't get mad at me.

If you want fresh underwear in the morning, take it off the night before.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 02:05
lol This takes me back....

Good luck man. But personally I h8 formals - Old skool Discos were so much fun, especially as in our school they were run by Year 11 with no teachers - evry1 got drunk and listenned to decnt music whilst having a quick, indescrete fumble Much more fun

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 02:51
8pm, and no call...

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 04:01
Go over to her house and demand an answer That way, she will have to say yes!! Unless she has the guts to say no to your face o_O Lol- good luck!

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy! Oh ya, and Tat has a plugin for that!
Glennyboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 14:23
Girls = hassle.

BlackRat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 18:26
Why not get a parrot? They talk to you, tell you how Handsom you are, and you dont need to spend tousands of pounds (or dollars) on them

Lady Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 20:24
*rolls her eyes* You know not all girls are the same guys but most men go after the prom queen types who have no brain cells rofl. If you really like her tell her how you feel and be straight with her if she wants to play games try another girl because thats all she'll do to you for the rest of your life find a straight out girl kinda like me

Im 25 so Im probably a bit old for some of you

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 20:50
I hate those Prom Queen types, aside from thier so-call good looks, they got nothing, they're boring! I only talk to people who think, male or female.

I'm 21, by the way, so you're not the only one here who has passed puberty.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 22:15
nope Ice... you're about the right age for most guys here
gotta say there is nothing easier than chatting up a blonde in a bar, especially the bottle blonde's cause most have done it to get more action.

anyone else noticed recently ALOT of girlies have been turning up on the forums?
i mean there were a few before - but they're spreading like a virus ... so when do we officially have to stop sitting around in our underwear around here?

Lady Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 23:09
rofl Raven.. you can sit in your underwear all you want as long as I can sit around in my nighty

My main hobby isn't programming Im a graphic artist by nature but my passion in life is my truck of all things So you could say were taking over in all aspects of life

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 23:26
I also hate the "prom queen" types. They are always so conceited and if you ever talk to them, there like "I bet you want to go out with me". And I'm left there thinking to myself, "NO!" Personally, I prefer the gothic type. They actually think on their own and usually have an appreciation for life and the arts. Well, that's just me.

If you want fresh underwear in the morning, take it off the night before.
Lady Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 00:01
I used to be a goth when I was younger But now that Im getting older Ive dropped a lot of it but I still have an apreciation for life and the arts

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 01:18
i don't like 'goths' ... and i'm gonna leave it there cause i have a true dislike for them with vengance.

what is it with women and thier trucks though?
personally i like the small sports cars and mid-range luxary cars ... e.g. BMW, Volvo, MG, Porsche, Austin Martin or Jaguar

however recently i have become very particial to the Ford Focus, i got to drive it a lil in Ireland and that is one very nice car - for the size of it pretty spacious too
but i'd have to get a 1.8 Injector edition - cause not enough umpff! in the 1.6 standard model we had

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 02:01
Hmmm yeah I know what you guys mean about the "Prom Queen" types, but if any1 mentions that phrase I just think "Kelly Kapowski" and melt. Any who knows what I'm talking about will no doubt understand

As for "Goths" well some people who describe themselves as "Goths" are complete c**** , as are many who would call themselves Satanists, Vampires etc. However, having Wiccan Heritage and also being very into metal music (as well as other styles) I know many people who could be dexcribed as "Goths" who are really cool, a lot more tolerant and open minded and creative than who they may or may not describe as "townies" lol

Personally I prefer not to label people, Every minority OR majority has assh*les, I mean Christians are supposed to be the most peaceful and forgiving of all but look how many people abuse that moniker

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Lady Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 02:02
ROFL Raven you dont have to hate me

as for women and there trucks well I used to own a 69 Corvette stingray so I like cars too but Im more partial to trucks becuase there versatile and I love my 383 Stroker v8 that drops out around 457HP/550Foot pounds of torque! not bad for an s10 mini pickup of course I also have it jacked skyward too so I can drive just about anywere I want

you finish that example for me raven?

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 08:07
It depends on what kinda goth the person is. If it's the make-up, black clothes, and the "the whole world is against me" atitude, then yes, I hate them. If it's the dark hummor, dark mentaility, then yeah I'm ok with it. I agree that only posers call themselfs goths. I may ack, look, and talk like a goth, but I don't call myself one. I don't wear the make-up though, It's hard to find, and I don't often buy stuff that lasts less than a month.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 14:53
lol... no i just dislike goths in any forms, but i have my reasons
and i really just prefer a nice comfortable sport ... even the midrange coupé i prefer are sporty - like i prefer the BMW M3 series, Volvo S60, etc..

they have v8 compressor injector 2.8 litre engines - you get around 520lbs of torque, on a vehicle with a midcar balance ... allows you to fly around corners quite fast, especially with the ABS and ASC

and nope i've not had the time yet. i'll work on it on the plane tonight, will gimme something to do (^_^)

Lady Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 21:22
Raven: Ok kewl.. plane were ya headin?

Arrow: Thats kewl i like some goth clothes a bit hate the makeup thow I like gisha(oriental) makeup I thinks its kewl how they do it and love there clothing too lol.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 22:39
Geishas are real interesting, I'm a Japan Otaku though, so everything Japanese is interesting to me.

Lady Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 00:17
Thanks kewl arrow =)

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 01:44
well, the new and revised story is a very sad one...

she called around 10:30 on wednsday, and to make a very sad story short, said she wasn't going to go with me and had no interest; her exact words were "remember how we talked about you asking someone else?" and I knew at that moment it was completely over. She 100% uberblew me off, closed the connection. And that really really upset me, because I really liked her, and I knew that the prom was the ONLY way I would get a chance to really get to know her, and maybe take a shot at a relationship. We never see each other any other times. So, to my terrible sadness, she is gone from me forever, I get no more chances.

The next day (thursday), with a little more composure, I asked someone else, far from my first choice but someone who I knew pretty well, and was comfortable around. She was planning on going stag, and was pretty suprised when I asked her, but I got a yes.

Then, Friday morning, she came up to me and admitted that she didn't think she knew me well enough to go with me, and that she wouldn't be entirely herself if we spent 4 hours in close proximity, so she also blew me off. That kind of offened me, because we're the kind of friends that can hit or tease each other out of fun. I thought I knew her...but she just didn't want to make that step...
I also asked girl #1 a second time, and she blew me off again...

at lunch of today (friday) I was actually asked by a girl. She had no date, and didn't really want to go alone, but would if she had to. I hope I don't mess up the description of her, because it's crucial in the story...
This girl is not popular, or pretty. She's not really ugly, but certainly not very attractive, and is known for being a social hermit. I know that she had liked me before, but never talked to me. I had no interest in her, because of her subpar appearance and antisocial actions, and if I put any guy in my school that new her in my position, they would turn her down. I also havent talked to this girl in 4 years, because she rarely talks to guys and hangs around a close clique of females, never quite fitting in.

I, in light of all these facts, turned her down. I really dont want to spend 4 hours with a total stranger, and I really dont want to see what she looks like when she dances. At the moment, I have 2 options. Either I stay home, and don't do anything with the prom at all, or I turn around and change my mind and ask her out. This is NOT a descision of the better choice, its a descision of the lesser of 2 evils. If I stay home in a socially active community, I will probably overthink myself into a depression, and I dont want that. But if I go, I have to make up for 4 years of silence in 4 hours, be around a total stranger, someone who I'm not intersted in at all, and someone who is very socially inactive...

The pro's for goign with her are that she could come out of her shell being around someone she likes, that she could really be a fun but shy person, that I would still be out and about that night, that it'd be better than isolating myself...but, both of my choices (stay home or go with her) are the bottom on my list, and they're tied. What would *you* do, community? Other than cry with waves of anger and sadness...

Lady Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 02:53
In context of the situation you may notice a pattern girl turns boy down boy turn girl down only you can break the cycle so what if shes not the prettiest girl there or for the fact that she may be antisocial... This is a special occasion and you should take into account her feelings aswell as your own or your no worse then the girls that turned you down. IMO you should ask her out and apologize for the earlier rejection goto your prom and enjoy it you wont get many times like it again my friend. And if she does do anything that causes you discomfort you can simply seperate and go your own ways it happens but atleast your giving it a chance.

Morales
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 03:13
you dont wont to know what i would do
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 03:13
Yeah, no joke man, get off your vain ass ask her allready. Us 'social outcasts' usally are pretty cool, that's why we stay away from the crowd. Anyway how bad could it be? What are you waiting for, you still reading this? Go and call her for crying out loud.

PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 03:32 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2003 03:08
He is too chicken to ask her :0

It would be like this:

This is you:

We would only pick the best of you:

Then we cook you like this:

That's you ready to eat up:

And maby eat you up like so:

I love eating chickens
Lol,

Cheers.

Current project for RGT:

ALL MY STUFF ARE GONE!! ALL OF IT!!!
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 05:31
I vomit with rage...

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 06:25
About the chicken or about the girl?

DangYankee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 06:44
When You look back at this you will laugh, Stay firm (no pun intended), stand your ground. And for GOD sakes talk to more girls.

It's not the size of your code but how efficiently you use it!
darkCorridor
Years of Service
User Offline
Ask her out if you think about it she probally feels the same as you now because her first choice has turned her down too. Think about it you feel sad so obviously she feels bad. I mean if you didn't go prom with her then if you ever find out shes really cool you'd be quite let down

[br]mikey
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 12:21
There's something about shy girls... they're always the nicest, and they'll always look better than you'd expect once they have a reason to try... Can you dance? If not you can sit it out together and laugh at the fools on the floor, it's not like you have to kiss her. In the end you shouldn't care one bit what the others think, the sooner you learn that the sooner the cool chicks'll start to want you around

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 16:48
Mmm the chicken story really hit home with me :: grabs another drum of KFC ::
apart from my truely fat ladening breakfast...

all i have to say at this point is Quoth you reap what you sew...
i'm sorry but firstly how well do you know the first girl? cause i have the feeling that you just like her cause she's pretty - and trust me the pretty ones arn't always the best. (but then again pretty is a subjective veiw)

the second girl is your friend, and it sounds ALOT like she accepted cause you probably talked her into not going alone but then she realised it would alter the friendship and all she wants to be if friends ... and if you think you can goto something so formal with just a friend and expect to come out just being friends then you are an idiot

the third girl has certainly ALOT of gut and to be honest if you're gonna judge her on her looks and 'aparent' social standings then my god i feel sorry for her, because she doesn't deserve to be with a worthless guy as yourself.

sorry these are my thoughts on this ... personally i'm begining to hope you don't find someone because god knows who's wanna stand around for 4hours with someone who may or may not dance with them, and may or may not make the effort to get to know them well enough to actually find that just because they're not surrounded by thousands of guys doesn't make them a bad person.
It shows someone has more character when they have a small selection of people they will actually hang around with rather than have to be popular all the time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 08:13:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 08:13:27