Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / creating a dll with VC++.NET 2.0

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 17:49
I'm actually quite new to dll programming and never worked with C++.

So... Now i'm working with VC++.NET 2.0 (express edition) but nothing works, i only get build errors...

Does anyone have a tutorial or something to get started with this?
I searched for any tuts/topics in this forum, but without result.

The tutorial that comes with dbp doesnt work at all with .NET

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 23:04
nope, and it won't. .NET dlls are not directly compatible with dbp. Youll need to code the dll in unmanaged c++ or code it in .NET and wrap it with a c++ dll

FREE Automatic file updates for your distributed Games and Apps - see Program Announcements Forum - DBP Demo
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 23:09
Is ther any c++ app (freeware) witch can write dlls for dbp, and that you can find some tutorials for it ?

Sorry, i just hardly want to learn making dll`s, but i also am not good in c++ (noob).

Scilynt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 23:47
Without knowing what errors you're getting, I'm guessing you're missing the Platform SDK, and possibly the DirectX SDK.

VC++ 2005 Express will compile native DLLs, which you can try by opening the supplied example and choosing Yes to convert it.
Essence
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 00:01
Yes im missing the DirectX sdk indeed.
But when i chooce 'new project', there isnt any option to chooce 'dll file' or something like that

Scilynt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 00:08
To create a DLL from scratch choose the "Win32 Console Application" project. On the next dialog after clicking OK, click Application Settings and then select DLL for application type.

If the DLL option is greyed out you need to edit a file, you can get instructions here. Specifically step 5.
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 00:35
Quote: "Youll need to code the dll in unmanaged c++ or code it in .NET and wrap it with a c++ dll"

Or export with a static extern, but you'll still require a native resource file as well as the managed one.
Too much hassle to be work it right now, and to be honest; there's not real point in using .NET for the main bulk of your code.

Bob da reaper
Years of Service
User Offline
DevCPP [href]www.bloodshed.com[/href] can create DLLs in c++, i tried it for a few years but found directX too confusing. Good IDE though.

I pwn n00bs

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 09:16:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 09:16:03