Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / A few questions about Dark game SDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 18:18 Edited at: 19th Mar 2006 18:22
I have started to learn C++ and am coming on well. But i am looking for a good editor. What exctally is Dark game will it allow me to type out the source code and compile it or what does it do. Sorry if this is a NOOB question.

I have been using other editors but i am looking for some thing different would this be everything i needed to get going
theDK
Years of Service
User Offline
The sdk is just a library (or set of them) ... its not an editor and it doesn't provide you with any tools ... all you get is a set of functions that'll make programming a game in C++ a walk in the park (or hopefully it would)
Delta Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 19:12
so i would be better with something like MS C++ or what ever its called.
theDK
Years of Service
User Offline
Lets just say that Dark Basic Pro (DBP) would be a good start for you to make games. It will allow you to "to type out the source code and compile it" ...ofcourse not C++ source code but darkbasic source code ... just go to the following link

http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/
Delta Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 19:56
Quote: "Lets just say that Dark Basic Pro (DBP) would be a good start for you to make games. It will allow you to "to type out the source code and compile it" ...ofcourse not C++ source code but darkbasic source code ... just go to the following link

http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/ "

I have hade DBP for a wile now but i think i will get visual studio express it allows you to mod game engines etc. Downloading the free version now
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
from the questions you are asking, and the fact that you say you are learning c++, i dunno if the dark game sdk is really what you are looking for right now...

i'd have to agree with the advice theDK gave you in all honesty... DBPro is a lot more fogiving than c++, and getting familiar with the idiocyncracies of some of the compilers out there can be very daunting...

but hey, if you're really determined, then go for it... good luck...

--Mike

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-27 21:00:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-27 21:00:38