Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Advice needed on wrapping third party libraries

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 12:07
As far as previous experience goes, I used C++ at university, but I haven't touched it since (that's almost 4 years now). I've dabbled with writing DLLs (using devc++) before, but nothing amazingly taxing ... I think I wrote a file logging DLL about 2 years ago.

Anyway - my idea is to wrap a regex library as a DBPro DLL. I'm not sure if other people will have a use for it, but I know I certainly will. I can ignore the complexities of returning arrays of strings by using a "checklist" style system, where the number of matches are returned, then you can get match number 1, match number 2, etc.

My problem is that I don't know where to start when it comes to wrapping someone else's external libraries. This page seems to contain source to a windows port of the regex libraries, but after that I'm pretty stuck. Any pointers? (guffaw)

[center]
iv tryed everything!!!!!!!!!! could u please just add The gun and shooting Code thats All!!!!!!!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-27 18:45:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-27 18:45:36