Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Problems with vbAdvanced dlls in DBP!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 22:49 Edited at: 26th Mar 2006 22:52
I have problems with dll's I made using VB6.0 (SP6) and vbAdvance. Some of my functions works with DBP, some not. I cant understand where is the problem! If the dll function does not work in DBP, it will crash with one of these errors.

Here is the codez I use for both functions, the first one works just great, but the second one doesn't!

All I could make to run perfect in DBP is the ShowForm() function suplied in the vbAdvanced sample directory!

Thanks in advance,
Olby

"Gangsters die, they don't go to heaven where angels fly!"
AMD Sempron 3.1+ Ghz, 512MB Ram, ATI R9550 256MB Ram, Sound Blaster Live!, WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c

Attachments

Login to view attachments
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 23:51 Edited at: 26th Mar 2006 23:55
everywhere you use App.Path dont you need "" concatenated before the next item like:

App.Path & "Debug" instead of App.Path & "Debug"

Also, did you see my tutorial on strings for using vbAdvance with DBP?

[edit] here it is just in case...
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=42070&b=18

FREE Automatic file updates for your distributed Games and Apps - see Program Announcements Forum - DBP Demo
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 07:35 Edited at: 27th Mar 2006 15:11
Yes thanks Rustler I used your string converter functions, but I also cant understand how would you export functions that return longs and booleans, because when I try to do them, I just a zero from them.

What do you mean by this, they are the same if I'm right?

Thanks in advance,
Olby

AMD Sempron 3.1+ Ghz, 512MB Ram, ATI R9550 256MB Ram, Sound Blaster Live!, WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c
EddieB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 08:57
You have an extra comma on the end of debug..... "debug"" .. Wouldnt that add a " to the end of the string?
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 15:06 Edited at: 27th Mar 2006 15:13
No it's just the both Quote "" commas. (I now edited the above post to change it from quote to code snippet to hide those "")
Oh well it seems that noone can help until I post my dll.

Hey Rustler can you please test this for me, I attached it. In DBP you write this:

If it worked in DBP's temp dir should be created another folder called "Debug" with one text file that contains lots of "Testing 123...".

I get an above mentioned errors when exiting from my app! Strange I don't see a reason why, I thought it was something with releasing the dll, but it still crashes when I added DELETE DLL 1 command.

(Excuse me for my bad english, I'm trying )

Thanks in advance,
Olby

Attachments

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 18:56 Edited at: 27th Mar 2006 19:03
my original post above had the backslash stripped out
crap, its happening again! ill use | instead of backslash in the posts

should have been:

I couldnt remember if app.path in vb 6 returns the path with or without the backslash on the end.

I cant test anything atm, DBP not installed. Sorry

FREE Automatic file updates for your distributed Games and Apps - see Program Announcements Forum - DBP Demo
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 19:49 Edited at: 27th Mar 2006 20:05
Crap , It's this forum again, I didn't noticed that it removed bslashes from my code snippet. Yes, Rustler I have them there, but it still crashes time to time, prob is that it isn't stable enough.

I better go and test on my other PC maybe it's not dll's fault, anyways, now I need help on how to make real TPC's outa VBDLL's I red that tutorial by John Y in other old thread, checked his attached screen and did everything right, but DBP still doesn't recognize my added commands. Is there anything I'm missing? I know you did some research on this a while ago, maybe still remmember something?

I attached that screenie in case you cant find it again.

Thanks in advance,
Olby

Attachments

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 21:57 Edited at: 27th Mar 2006 21:59
Could it be the spaces in the names in the string table?
try removing spaces or using _ in their place. The code definition needs to match the the string table entries iirc. Does RuntimeInitialze need to be checked, or is that handled in the code? Also, when I did my tests with vbadvance I judt did a straight dll, no string tables or plugin versions

Also, i don't think you can pass variable types that dbp can't interpret. String needs conversion as you know. I think youll be ok with integer, and dbp floats are Single in vb. The conversion changes even further when in .net to DBP. I doubt you can pass boolean at all, maybe use integer 0/1

Its been a while since I touched this stuff in vb6 so my apologies if my info is all whacky

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't tried removing teh spaces, but here check what I got so far!
(Screenshot Attached!)

I'll report later when tried them without spaces...

Attachments

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
It seems that U6RC1 fixed my issues with VB's DLL now thay work perfect, though I cant get them to work as a real TPC DLL's just with the use of call dll!

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2006 16:04
thats getting beyond my knowledge...

Automatic file updates for your distributed Games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-27 20:53:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-27 20:53:39