Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / loading level into dbsdk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
There is a level design tutorial located at this web site http://www.vgstudy.com/scifi.htm. The author MegaTon Cat did an excellent job with this using 3dws. I downloaded the finished level
as an .x file. When I load the object using dbLoadObject it appears
on the screen but a lot of the detail is whited out. I did load
the level into the castle demo in blitz basic and it looks very nice. Any idea on how I can load this level into. Peace be with you.

siCodeWriter
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
I believe the .X file does not carry the lightmap. You probably have to export from CShop (or 3dws) as a .DBO file and load that in to get Lmap in one go. I believe you may be able to get lmap using .X, but you will probably need to load two .X files and set some blend op on the second object...

Unfortunately, since dgsdk is so far behind dbpro 6, my guess is the current DBO format _may_ not load into the current sdk. Haven't checked, though.

Lately, I have been just playing around with dbpro to try to help spot bugs there, hoping that a stable dbpro 6 means a future stable Dark GDK 6...

I have vague plans for World Domination
Code Writer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Miguel:
I think it is more the textures are not being loaded.
This is actually a mesh. So loading it with load mesh and then
creating an object with any texture will get something you can see. But when loaded into Blitz 3d you only have to load the Mesh. All
the texturing is all ready there. I was hoping someone with more
experience would try to used the tutorial.

siCodeWriter

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 07:20:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 07:20:13