Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / PhysX and AI

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 12:57
Hi folks,

Any idea if there is a plan for DGSDK users to get a version of the planned DBP enhancements for Physics and AI?

Not holding out much hope, I'm still waiting for my other DBP enhancement packs to make it over, but thought it worth an ask.

Cheers
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
They said that the Physics one wasn't in the cards, at least not yet. I suspect it will not materialise seeing as the Physics DLL is actually a DBPro wrapper for PhysX and TGC probably assume if we want it, we can always integrate directly with the Ageia SDK...

As for the AI, I would be curious to see it. I'm not interested on much of what's there, but I would like to see if the pathfinding requires "development-time waypoint creation" or it's a totally automated solution (that would look at an object you specify as a floorplan and figure out if you can walk there).

The AI thinggy, seeing as it is a complete TGC product is more likely to make its way to the GDK, if my marketing 101 knowledge is anything to go by....

I have vague plans for World Domination

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 09:15:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 09:15:09