Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Middle names!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 00:40
Ahh... i see... now this makes far more sense now

hope you had a nice holiday in Seattle recently, and not that you'd care but right now i'm currently residing at East Street, Irvine, CA

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Lady Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 00:44
You guys behave yourselves. I updated my avatar ROFL think it suites me?

Princess Leia

SYSTEM: AMD 2.7Ghz, 1GIG DDR ram, 120GB HD, ATI Radeon 9700.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 00:51
aww but mommi i wanna play

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Lady Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 01:18
dont make me spank you ROFL

Princess Leia

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 01:39
Awww... but i've been a bad boy

Lady Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 01:47 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2003 01:47
Ok behave rich might kick our butts lol

Princess Leia

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 02:11 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2003 02:15
lmao @ Raven

Mmm Princess Leia

Kenatree Thanks, I'm glad its not just me who remembers

I liked Heathcliff - Along with Ox Tails and Samurai Pizza Cats that filled my young craving for strange, dry, Pythonesque humour in kid's ITV/C4 shows

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 14:22
hehee... they had that other show on it too Samm - but i can't remember the name, i think it was another Cat one. Because i remember if you saw one begining then it was just Heathcliff, if you saw the other it had that extra show too.

hehee (^_^) aww just all harmless fun your highness

Lady Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 16:04
speaking of fun raven hows that example going? not to be pushy or anything Im just curious how people are setting up the multiplayer functions.

Princess Leia

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 17:53
lol... well i got something basic working last nite, but theres a difference between networking and adapting the code to be able to handle games.

right now i have literally 4boxes which represent cars + a matrix which has either a greenblock for grass or a dark grey one for road ... however there is no physics to speak of, and there is no true Server->Client deal going on right now. i'm having to code it in DB 1.13 right now cause my copy of pro is being awkard...

but hopefully tonite i'll finish up my car model for it (Lotus Elise) and a few simple texture + add the physics, then work on the Client-Server Code ... finish up with adding some simple menus
been kinda busy with alot of things so try not to fret about it too much as i'm doing everything asap. But in all i'm hoping to only have put in about 12hrs work - so we'll see what it turns out like in the end.

but trust me there is a major difference between having just stand alone network code, and actually haveing a full(ish) game behind it.

Speedhorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 17:58
And to think this thread is supposed to be about middle names. Tsk Tsk.

Ralph, Jesus didn't have wheels.
Lady Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 17:59
I know and your assistance is greatly appreciated. most of the 3d stuff Im not having trouble with because I have a friend who works for the same company as I do and she used to work for activision shes really smart and has helped me deal with my models and lighting and other things.. I just want to get some multiplayer code in it so I can learn how to interact objects and people accross then I'll start working on my Graphics MU* world that Ive been designing for ages.

Thanks again raven!

Princess Leia

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 18:10
if you have time grab my msn... i won't be on for the next few hours (well not contactable anyways) - but i can keep you updated with that

hehee god speedhorns av always puts a smile on my face, that devoid of thought expression (^_^) reminds me of a mate i have

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 18:38
quote:

hope you had a nice holiday in Seattle recently, and not that you'd care but right now i'm currently residing at East Street, Irvine, CA

Yeah, I read on here the other day that you was off to the states on Saterday..... but if you read through your own posts lately, then it would have been impossible for you to fly to the states and make all of your latest post at the same time.

Just check out your own posting times ( you did all this and flew to the states + adjusted to the different time line etc ) Have to some kind of Teleport machine or something ??

It's amazing what you can do from your little back bedroom nowdays isn't it.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 19:01
Sniff! - Do I smell another opportunity to wind Raven up

Current Project: Retro Compo. Entry.
Lady Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 19:25
layoff simple and rob k, even if he might lie about his location not that Im saying he is but even if he did you have no excuses to try and pick a bone with him your actions are immature and unwarranted and are a form of terrorism its kiddies like you that turn into men like saddam why dont you take a little bit of time to think that over before you take your childish actions.

Princess Leia

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 20:28 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2003 20:28
Ouch, thou art hath been scolded. Ice, beware Simple and Raven have one hell of a grudge going. It's like cats and dogs, no, more like Mountain Loins and Wolves.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 21:45 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2003 21:46
"layoff simple and rob k, even if he might lie about his location not that Im saying he is but even if he did you have no excuses to try and pick a bone with him your actions are immature and unwarranted and are a form of terrorism its kiddies like you that turn into men like saddam why dont you take a little bit of time to think that over before you take your childish actions."

"Are a form of terrorism?" - What on earth are you smoking? Sadly it seems, some people still fall for the US propaganda line that every little evil is connected with terrorism. That last part is regurgitated nonsense and that really makes me angry [Got dammit - there is no angry smilie]

If you really are as old as your profile says then YOU should be a little more mature, blaming everything on terrorism is what little "kiddies" like George Bush do. Simple is not a kid and neither am I.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 22:02
like Ice (^_^) i have a feeling though with Rich gone for the next week they'll just get worse with this though hon. Don't worry yourself about it.
i guess if they have enough time on thier hands to check my post times then thats thier stupidity really isn't it, that aside i don't think these 'kiddies' as it were have ever flown business class before

:: yawn :: me so tired, wondering why my code ain't working

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 22:04
hehee... ya know simple will be what 48 in december
god these kiddies are too much nowadays hehee

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 22:10
- that aside i don't think these 'kiddies' as it were have ever flown business class before

Oh, but this kiddy has and now wonders what airline (and jet) it was that offers this service.

Ogres have layers.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 22:26
both British Airways and Singapore Airlines offer it
i'll let you decide which i actually flew ... i'm not talking about First Class, this is Business Class - which there is a major difference cause first class they just pamper you - Busniess you get all the toys to play with, like DvD's in the seat heads, fully reclining chairs, Laptop Trays with connections to ISDN speed lines.
you can't use them within 45mins of take-off or landing though, but for the same reason your not allowed to use Cellphones during that period i think.

i didn't know but they've upgraded recently to include international new channels (CNN/Bloomberg/News24) for the inflight... which when they turned on the new channels i switched off the TV and tried to get some shut-eye, kinda sick'n'tired of having all that crap.

the women next to me was kinda going 'oooh' and 'ahhh' at everything, began to drive me insane ... wish it wasn't a fully booked flight cause i'd of asked to move rather than keep getting woken up by her insesant rambling.

darkCorridor
Years of Service
User Offline
hey.. that middle name isn't that bad btw is ya must no mines Joseph and i dont care

[br]mikey
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
My middle name is Alexander.

Cheers.

1PH J00 C4|\| U|\|dER$T@|\||) +|-|I$, j00 |-|@\/3 4lR3Ady w0|\|! - p1r@T$$
Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
Allen. Im actually ok with my middle name, but its my last name that fools everybody. I DO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD! (It's Bishop)...

~Morph
Owner of MultiCode.NET and Multi2k.NET.
Nothing is something, and something is then nothing. Life is an illusion.
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 22:47
Joseph isn't a bad middle name at all!

Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 22:48
LOL ! so was you awake, and online with the forum from your seat ?? or asleep getting woken up by her insesant rambling ?? or are you both asleep and awake at the same time ??

Only you can contradict yourself in such a way !! Now back to your fantasy bubble Veggie.

I'm 34 BTW

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 23:03
What flight was it? Wasn't Irvine your destination? So you took the BA flight Heathrow - LA, non-stop? Or Gatwick - LA, 1 stop?

Ogres have layers.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 23:12
"aside i don't think these 'kiddies' as it were have ever flown business class before"

I certainly have, and very nice it was too.

Lady Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 00:36
Rob K & simple I'll state that your age does not dictate wether or not you act like a child or not and just because I make a refrence to terrorism does not mean Im calling everyone a terrorist I stated that harrasement is a form of terrorism which is a true fact.

So when I call you a kiddy or a child Im referening to your lack of mental age in the way that your dealing with the individules on this board if you truelly do have a problem with any individule you should discuss it in person or not at all.

does it not click in your head that trying to make yourself feel better by trying to hurt or pester others in a public place really makes you no wore them some bully in a 4th grade playground stealing milk money from younger kids just because he can?

maybe some day you'll grow into a mature responsible adult but that is not apparent at this point.

Princess Leia

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 01:45
LOL !! hey... the cheese cuts both ways

It's different when you shoe is on the other foot.... you have obviously not read a lot of raven veggies posts before have you ?

You know nothing of the situation apart from what you have read here and probably a few other topics. And then, you only see what you want to see.... even when the obvious is staring you in the face.

Quote:

if you truelly do have a problem with any individule you should discuss it in person or not at all.

Try practicing what you preach maybe.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 01:51 Edited at: 24th Mar 2003 01:53
ya know what... i'm tired of being grilled here, whether you believe where i am at or not doesn't bother me even slightly.
i don't know anyone 34 so try again on that age of yours, infact i can safely say i don't really know ANYONE in thier 30's

and most people i know who'd know enough about me to know where my old bedroom was located i'd have to know pretty bloody well, AND non of those people are or have been artists. So perhaps sometime you may actually stop playing these games.
i ain't back down from you guys yet, what makes you think if you keep pushing you'll get the info you wanna hear? i'd suggest you suck it up and go bug someone your in with a slim of a chance of actually breaking because that ain't gonna be me.
Ice is right, ya'll need to grow up and act ya ages ... though its been said before so why would you listen now.

[edit-]

and lay off Ice... you wanna bitch someone down you bitch on me! and leave all else out of it - or is your anger so high you gotta strike out at any old target who isn't with you no matter who?

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 02:06
"does it not click in your head that trying to make yourself feel better by trying to hurt or pester others in a public place really makes you no wore them some bully in a 4th grade playground stealing milk money from younger kids just because he can?"

I don't "hurt or pester" Raven viciously, it is just that his cantankerous nature annoys me at times, however I do it in a fairly light hearted way - understanding that most British people including myself are pretty miserable sods - Simple is unnecessarily vicious though.

"So when I call you a kiddy or a child Im referening to your lack of mental age in the way that your dealing with the individules on this board if you truelly do have a problem with any individule you should discuss it in person or not at all."

If you want to make a point about maturity then at least learn to spell "referring", "individual" and "truly" correctly. "I'm" has an apostrophe, "kiddy" is an adjective, not a noun, "kiddie" is what you meant. Structure of a sentence is partly subjective so I won't go into that here.

So, Raven is mature is he? :

"and lay off Ice... you wanna bitch someone down you bitch on me! and leave all else out of it - or is your anger so high you gotta strike out at any old target who isn't with you no matter who?"

Leave the rap lyrics to Eminem and D12 eh Raven I can image that to the tune of "Cleaning out my Closet".

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 02:08
"i'm tired of being grilled here, whether you believe where i am at or not doesn't bother me even slightly."

Raven, Simple isn't going to stop because he knows that you won't leave.

Lady Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 02:48
I may not know how to spell rob K but considering english is not my first language Id say Im doing quite well for speaking it for only 3 years.

Âû è ïðîñòîé íåçðåëûå è äîëæíû áðàòü âàøè âñòðå÷è, ñîêðàùàåòñÿ íåêîòîðîå ìåñòî åùå

Princess Leia

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 02:56
perhaps your right rob... i dunno - you'd think he'd get bored of it after a while and wander off.

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 12:14
Hmmm, the only two ways to get in-flight internet access during a transatlantic flight is either in a BA jet Heathrow - New York or Lufthansa Frankfurt - Washington DC. Both airlines still test these in-flight internet systems (they advertise these tests during almost every flight).

Ogres have layers.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 16:04
Don't forget about cell phones though, it's hard to find one made in the last year that doesn't have some kinda internet option.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Marcusmole
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 16:19
Marcus liam Canavan inever use my name at all minimole or mole is what i am called it has always been that way.... except at the bank and other places like that

Mole of the mini variety and general all round dude
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 17:00
they've been 'experiemental' for the past year empty ... doesn't mean we can't use them.
its kinda stupid cause some Transalantic flights just for business personel for companies like Microsoft and such have had jets that do this for years, only recently been trickling down to us who don't work for certain large multinationals.
They have the Cellphone boosters now, and infact thats in alot of flights - so you can use your cellphone inflight without worrying, but its also a turn it on after your at like 30,000ft and turn it off when your on approach. basically is like when the safety belts sign is off its all good

ya know i kinda wish those private jets had certain luxaries... i mean i dunno how people can stand to fly on them - took on from LA to Texas to see my sis not so long back (but called it a 'business trip' hehee) and christ those things are small and you feel every little turbulance bump. i mean if thats luxary i'd rather be hearded into a 747 anyday (^_^)

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 20:29
Quote: "
they've been 'experiemental' for the past year empty ... doesn't mean we can't use them.
"

Well unless "Starts on the 20th of February 2003 for a period of 90 days" is this year, well then I must have missed an entire year. The folder even mentions the flight no. BA 175. Obviously you haven't travelled BA "Club World" recently. Otherwise you'd have seen that advertisement.

Ogres have layers.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 22:08
what ad?
BA and Singapour have been doing it for almost a year now, since atleast March 2002 (as that was the first time i got to use it) ... they don't advertise it though as there is a VERY limited number of people they'll allow, something like 5-10 people ... which as generally your looking at 30 seats in business class, is quite limited - plus the people in First Class would then want some similar service. I mean 128k connections are all well and good, but you have a planeful of people online then you're crawling along at almost 0kb - most people use it for Video Conferenceing and such.
Right now alot of the seats have the "Mobile Office" upgrading which can cost between $100-500 extra (depending on who you use) which just gives you a phone and fax for the flight. For net use that is $750 more ontop of that ... which for a flight that originally costs $680 - it isn't exactly cheap to go by

i mean if i hadn't already prepaid for the trip home i'd probably of just gone First Class and slept ... no way i'd go Coach cause i can't fit in those seats comfortably - found that out the hardway going to ireland

next time you fly BA ask about it, ignore what their site says because they oftenly offer things inflight that arn't on the site because they do it on a per-flight basis ... i mean generally its like 9/10 flights they'll do it, but if someone gets that 10th flight they'll bitch how the package doesn't include it, you ever seen how people bitch down all of the Airport staff - i feel so sorry for them

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 22:24
Oh Raven. Surely they give you these glossy paper ads that proclaim they are the first airline to offer inflight internet access when they had offered it 12 months ago. Yes that sound logical... not. BTW you have to pay for it.

Quote: "
they don't advertise it though as there is a VERY limited number of people they'll allow, something like 5-10 people ... which as generally your looking at 30 seats in business class, is quite limited - plus the people in First Class would then want some similar service.
"

Yeah, except that they actually do offer it for First Class travellers, too.

I repeat myself. You never travelled BA World Club. At least not recently.

Ogres have layers.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 00:32
i don't take anything inflight ever ... i've not seen the ads - seriously!
i'm pretty sure they don't offer it in first class. and i guess i've not travelled the BA World Club or whatever, what do i care what i'm actually travelling as long as i pay the cash and they give me what i pay for.

maybe the ads are noteing how they're now doing it more widespread ... because as i've said over the past year or whatever i've flown like 5times each time getting a Network port on the end of the chair to slot my computer into and i can use AOL's Lan setting to access the net. I TOLD YOU it cost $750 to have this service, and as each time i've flown i've had it setup by work because i'm useless with these things ... i don't know what you do to set it up - i just know how much it cost - the expenses i get given.

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 00:56 Edited at: 25th Mar 2003 01:04
BA calls its Business Class "Club World" (or "Club Europe" for inner-European Flights) You should have noticed that on your boarding card.

Quote: "maybe the ads are noteing how they're now doing it more widespread"

More wide spread as in 2 (two) flights?

The extra cost for this service is apprx. 30 EUR atm.

So to quote the advertisement:
British Airways, the airline that revolutionised business travel with the introduction of the first flat beds in First and Club World, will be installing Connexion by Boeing in its First, Club World and World Traveller Plus cabins for a trial period of three months.

Connexion by Boeing provides the broadband technology which allows air travellers to use their own lap top computers at 35,000 ft and surf the Internet, send e-mails with attachments and access their own corporate intranets.

Then there are details about the actual flight, that the trial starts on the 20th of Feb 2003 and:

- Connexion by Boeing will be available on the BA175, which leaves Heathrow at 11am every day and on the BA112, which leaves New York at 1830 local time.

Ogres have layers.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 02:41 Edited at: 25th Mar 2003 02:49
i'm sorry i don't check everysingle detail of my tickets... i don't go around looking at all the adverts. I pay my cash get on the plane, go where i'm going.

This service they've done for a LONG while ... its like the seats that fold almost flat (they don't fold totally flat) they've like only been advertising them a while, but they've been using them for ages.
And you've never seen them advertise about the lounges which can be used in-flight which are situated right next to the stairs were a second lot of seats used to be... but its where you can do alot of business now.

the net service cost ME $750 extra ontop of my ticket price, not €30 (£18) ... which would make it more Widespread no?
because now you don't have to be earning a mint just to afford the service, perhaps those flights have faster connections than 128k (as broadband usually is described starting at 256k) ... but also the fact it is now like just a little extra will mean MORE will be able to afford and use it inflight, perhaps even oh i dunno maybe they now have more than th 5-10 terminal limits!

thats mainly why the costs have been so high, because the limited terminals allowed to be jacked in and turned on - they know they can charge what they want and people who want or need to be online WILL pay it.
it like flying concorde, you only get that IF you need to be across the world in a few hours - you certainly don't get it for the comfort level or whisper quiet ride. lmao
yet the price just to travel a small distance is over a grand!

if you think about it, you limit the number of flights that will use this service at that price - you'll notice more people going onto those flights then you'll know that you'll be able to afford to run it in more planes.

i mean that aside there was one time that i didn't use the in-flight CAT5 connection port and instead used my mobile modem and plugged it into the phonejack ... the only annoying thing is that it cuts you off after like an hour - so you just recall and log back on
it still runs quicker than my home modems at 72k

[edit-]

look at it like this 5 terminals at $750 a go is quite a bit right? ($3,750/flight)
so say you have 60-70 people (thats about the whole of business and first class combined right?) paying $30 so your still making quite a bit($2,100/flight)

because they know people and business's won't be willing to pay steep amounts to use this service on a daily/weekly basis ... i mean first time i had it was because it was all paid for me

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 12:43 Edited at: 25th Mar 2003 13:47
More quotes from the ad:
For the first time British Airways passengers will be able to go on-line in the air when the Connexion by Boeing broadband system will go live.

I can send you the ad. It's available in English, German, French and Spanish.

Ogres have layers.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 13:53
Quote:
"the net service cost ME $750 extra ontop of my ticket price"

That's a lot of money just to look at some porn!

Joking of course.

You guy's are reminding me of that peesacrap Mile High. I watched the episode with the 2 swedish girls, but never again. Sick Boy from trainspotting plays a gay air stewardess :-s. "Pretentious, predictable, pish" Sky One's new motto.

Van-B
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 14:50
- "Pretentious, predictable, pish" Sky One's new motto.

LOL

Ogres have layers.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 16:45
i'm not sure how the advert will change what is happening already empty (^_^)
and its not like BA havn't ever lied in Adverts before to make something sound bigger and better (do you remember the Concorde advert - lmao now if that one was true then obviously i've been on the wrong jet that week)

i caught an episode of that Mile High thing ... it weird cause SkyOne's home grown comedy stuff is always about people boffing each other its stupid to me - i mean even Time Gentleman Please was laced with reference to being gay and sex every 20 seconds. I don't remember they ever had any on it lol but still the references are there.

but its like that otherone 'Is Marko on the Boat' or something about holiday reps - i dunno they're all a bit tacky to be honest. (^_^)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 19:07:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 19:07:51