Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Project Evolution

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2006 17:57 Edited at: 14th May 2006 14:21
EDIT

Name has change to Map Scape (I did this a couple of days ago). Iv also lowered the price to £9.99($18.90).Multiple object selection is now instant but I had to scrap the edge wireframe that I was using (causing slow downs).

If you dont know what this is, Map Scape is a world editing tool that was made completely in darkBASIC classic ! , to make indoor maps for darkbasic classic/pro.

Features
Undo/Redo
UV Texture Mapping
Lightmap generation
Scaling/rotation
Cut/copy/paste/delete
Grid snap
Mirror x/y/z/fip
Entity/Objects/Geometry
Full screen view points
Basic vertex manipulation
Direct Import in to dbc/p

Screen Shots

More Screenshots

Downloads

Map Scape V1.1:
http://www.vector3r.com/news/MapScapeSetup.exe

Fps demo(still needs newton):
http://www.vector3r.com/news/Fps%20Demo.zip

If you want access to the saving and undo/redo , you can purchase the full version of Map Scape for just £9.99($18.90). If you wish to buy the full version go to this page >> http://www.mapscape.vector3r.com/Buy.htm

Future Plans

Iv started work on v2 and done viewpoint control etc , just looking at blue gui to make a good interface. Its looking a bit blurey atm(grid , 2d looks like AA ?) and the only way to get rid of it that I know off is to run it in full screen exclusive.

If you want any more infomation just post in this thred! or email me at EVOLVED@Vector3r.com , I hope you like this program and im in the planning stages for the DBP version! enjoy
DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 03:00
wow that is asome im goin to try it out in a bit.

visit my site (unfinished)
www.freewebs.com/dbnewbie
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
wow. Very cool! Too bad you have to pay for it
Is there a way to pay it in US dollars $$?

DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 04:34
yah US $ would be nice.

EVOLVED0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 10:24
You should be able to buy in USD , in the shareit purchase product page click on the drop box label "Show prices in" and select US dollar. Comes up to $22.97.
EVOLVED0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 16:27
Looks like no one else cares.

Any comment would be great , I need to know if its worth working on a DBP version (it'll be a lot better). Im currently improving the import code, any one have any comments on improving this that would be great.

If drawing seems to be slow try opening another .exe (windowsmedia player should do the trick). DBC has caped the fps to 60 , this should unlock it. this is computer specific BTW.
General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Comment:
yea yea, looks good but what ever happened to good ol' freeware / open source projects. Suppose when it all boils down to it, we do it for the money

Suggestions:
Add in a waypoint feature, to create a sort of AI path around the level have options like -loop waypoints at WP 5-10 - SP starting position and so on.

I've only had a wee play about with the program so far.

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 18:55
Ahh, glad to see the project is still alive! Good luck on the money stuff...

I am but mad north north-west; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw - Hamlet, Hamlet
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
I would buy this if it were cheaper. I would probably buy it if it was $10. Oh well.

DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 02:31
or $5 but since you spent so much time on it i understand the price.

EVOLVED0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 17:49 Edited at: 9th Apr 2006 00:45
Ok, V1.32 is out , It just fixes a few bugs and updates the lightmmaper to my latest code also up dated the import function(see the new stuff on the first post).

Quote: "yea yea, looks good but what ever happened to good ol' freeware / open source projects. Suppose when it all boils down to it, we do it for the money"

Sounds about right , this project was never gong to be open source any way.

Quote: "Add in a waypoint feature, to create a sort of AI path around the level have options like -loop waypoints at WP 5-10 - SP starting position and so on."

OK , Iv now deicide to stop working on this in favor off starting this in DBP, but I'll keep this in mind.

@Hawkeye
Thx,

@UFO / DB newbie
looks like you two want it for cheeper .

[Edit]

Fixed a Quick bug with "fliping" objects(inverting cull).
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2006 01:53
Quote: "but what ever happened to good ol' freeware / open source projects"

I aggree, everyone does it for money. I'm releasing my particle pack for free in the WIP BOARD, for the good of the community.

Uncle Sam
Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS 256MB PCIEx, 2.66 GHZ Pentium 4 proccessor, 768MB RAM
Want a real FPS? Click here!
DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2006 18:04
yep and thank you uncle sam they could come in handy.

tiffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2006 01:05
Well sense your charging for it, thanks but no thanks.

Cwatson
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2006 08:34
An application like this should be charged for. It allows you to do things that much more expensive programs do.

I'm amazed everything I see a small gang complaining that they shouldn't have to pay. It's simply selfish, and doesn't really make sense.

Good job, EVOLVED0. Looks great. If I didn't own some other tools, I'd definitely consider buying this. It's a functional and affordable option for this community, though.

Come see the WIP!
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2006 23:14
This project is quite fantastic in my opinion, something I've only seen two times prior to this(Kevil's lightmapper and TGC's with FPSC). Simply awesome.

And for the most part, the ones complaining about the price are 90% of the time just younger developers with no means to buy. Soon they will understand that it's not their decision to dictate a price(without good reason) for someone elses product and hardwork.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 00:09 Edited at: 12th May 2006 00:10
Who says I'm younger? All I'm saying is, after what people like Sparky did for the community (for free), I think he should do the same. At least he should do something free first, so that people know the quality of his work.

Think I have no cash? Check out my sig to get an idea of my budget.

Quote: "yep and thank you uncle sam they could come in handy."

Your welcome. I finally finished!

Uncle Sam
Need particles? Click here!
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 01:09
--------Off topic-----------

I don't mean to insult, I'm just saying that the focus of this thread shouldn't be the selling price. I want to hear and see more about the program. I do agree, that Sparky(Paul as we call him now ), yourself, and many others(including Evolved, who released the technique of lightmappng quite awhile ago) are quite generous though.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
EVOLVED
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 02:51
Hay,

Iv lowered the price(by 20%, did this a few weeks back) and changed a few things, read top of thread.

@Uncle Sam
I have released some source code in the past, although its half finished code .
Sinistar
Years of Service
User Offline
OMG This is great! I'm sold. Can I just send you money through paypal? Shareit is a pain for me.

Actually if you can do paypal, I recommend using tradebit.com It's much less money per sale and no hassle what so ever.
EVOLVED
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 08:10
Ill look in to it!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 08:32
Quote: "And for the most part, the ones complaining about the price are 90% of the time just younger developers with no means to buy. Soon they will understand that it's not their decision to dictate a price(without good reason) for someone elses product and hardwork"

im 13 and if i want that program,i'd buy it.

Also:

HHmm...

project looks quite well.
Ill see if i want it or not.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too beatifull to look at...
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 20:49
Quote: "--------Off topic-----------

I don't mean to insult, I'm just saying that the focus of this thread shouldn't be the selling price. I want to hear and see more about the program. I do agree, that Sparky(Paul as we call him now ), yourself, and many others(including Evolved, who released the technique of lightmappng quite awhile ago) are quite generous though."

Um, thanks. No offense, and no offense taken.

Quote: "
@Uncle Sam
I have released some source code in the past, although its half finished code . "

I uh, hehe, forgot about that. Sorry.

Uncle Sam
Need particles? Click here!
Sinistar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 03:15 Edited at: 18th May 2006 03:26
For a 10.00 product with tradebit I'm paying something like $0.45 per transaction --but with Shareit it's more like 2.50 or something. (roughly --I can't remember the actual numbers but Sharit is significantly higher) Plus it goes straight into your paypal account so you have much faster access your funds.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 22:06:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 22:06:12