Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / DB Forums software

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 15:51
Hey,

Thanks for upgrading/changing the Forums software - it now works much better in Opera on my Sun Solaris box here at work. I can use the "http", "email", etc., buttons now. Couldn't do that last week or so. I musta missed the memo...

One problem...it always tacks things on to the end of my messages instead of where the cursor is. Maybe that's the way it's supposed to work.

The only think left to fix is the code snippet stuff. Can't get that to work in anything but IE. I use Phoenix (light-weight Mozilla) on Win and Opera on Solaris, so that's unfortunate.

Just thought you might like to know...

Ed
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 17:28
No, it's not supposed to tack them onto the end. That's a short-coming of the browser failing to support the caraet information of the text area.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
EddieRay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 17:41
Alrighty then. I'll try Phoenix on Solaris and see if that works any better. Netscape 7 is just way to big and slow on my poor Ultra2 300MHz Solaris box...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 08:43:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 08:43:30