Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / what is the best (and cheapest) way to combine many .x

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 12:09
objects (same limbs etc) into one .x object with animation data intact? do I need to download some software? :-s

also, is there any easy way in DB Pro to effectively capture the different stances of say a walking .x as individual keyframes and save out? bet there isnt.
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 15:53
Anyone?

JAT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2003 09:56 Edited at: 1st Apr 2003 10:00
You might need to give a little more info. Are you wanting separate models in the one .x file like a world (option 1), or are you talking about just merging the animations from multiple files containing the same model but different animations (option 2)?

You might be able to do that with [url]JTEdit[/url], but it's not super convenient.

Option 1: Create a new document and attach the external models to it using the AddObject tool with a file name put in the parameter palette. The object will belong to the parent frame, but the animations will still be independent.

Option 2: Open the multiple documents and cut and paste the animations into one of them to be use as the master document, concatenating the animations into one, or pasting into new and separate animations. All the models need the same bone hierarchy. (If you get through this without crashing, I'll be suprized, as this area hasn't been beat on too much.) How and whether DBPro can deal with multiple animations I don't know.

No guarantees, but it's free.

I almost forgot. If you want to try option 2, you'd better wait until my March release is out. There's bugs in having multiple documents open which are now fixed.

-JT

John Thompson
http://www.jtgame.com/jtedit
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2003 21:27
Thanks JAT- will give JTedit a go...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 03:15:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 03:15:47