Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Occasional "Failed to 'CFileBuilder::AddPckToExe'" error when compiling program

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2006 01:03 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 01:21
Upon compiling and executing an .exe, I occasionaly get this error message in a dialog box:

CFileBuilder::AddPckToExe

The .exe does not compile and execute. This has happened at some point or other when compiling almost every project since I updated a while back to 5.9. It's not an ultra-critical problem, but I'm just wondering why it tends to do that randomly.

edit: lol

Kerwando
Years of Service
User Offline
I sometimes have the same problem...
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 13:00
'Occasionally' and 'Sometimes' does not scare me too much at this stage, as I would need reproducable bug reports to do something about this. If you can provide this, I will be sure to resolve this issue in a future upgrade.

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
Towfieee
Years of Service
User Offline
CFileBuilder::AddPCKToEXE

@ Lee

I get this messege all the time now

I have tried update 7 beta 3 and 4

went back to U1.068 since 69 has alot of bugs and still the same. I even uninstalled DBpro and reinstalled a clean installation and still has the problem.

I was weird because the compiler was blazing fast for a long time. And one morning I tried to compile my game and it started taking forever to compile and keeps giving me the error messege in the end.

I hope you can find me the solution since my competetion has 9 days to the dead line.

Thanks Lee in advance
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2008 16:44 Edited at: 27th Sep 2008 03:44
I'm getting the same error as Towfieee now after I got the U7 beta. Everything was working fine before, but now the progress bar goes so far and than hangs before I get that error message.

EDIT: Nevermind. The problem appears to be the fault of OneCare.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2009 16:49
I have this problem regularly too.

If you found a solution @Airslide can you post it?
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 13:44
This Bug is no longer "occasional" or "sometimes" for me anymore and I am compiling a 5000 line program so it is becoming very annoying. I get the same problem on two different machines (both running Vista).

I don't see how a bug can be rejected just because it is occasional? I am a developer and I sit right next to our lead tester who agrees with me that a bug is a bug and cannot be written off without at least some testing or an attempt to replicate it (without a certain disregard for the user).

I am happy to provide you with any information and/or files required to replicate this bug.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 15:10
What anti-virus/firewall/desktop search software are you running?
Disable all of the above (taking the precaution of disconnecting from the NET) and see if the problem disappears.

If it does, get a decent replacement for the culprit.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 15:43 Edited at: 17th Aug 2009 17:00
Anti-virus is AVG (full version not just free) on both PC's, not sure about the firewall here at work but I'm sure our hardware department have a pretty good setup as we are a global software company, I don't use any desktop search utilities (I don't even have indexing switched on).

Is this an issue with anti-virus/firewall/desktop search software that you are aware of?

If it is a known issue then a more helpful approach might be to suggest which software DBPro is not compatible with rather than vaguely suggesting it is down to other faulty software.

I don't mean to be tetchy it's just that it's very easy to blame other software when there is a compatibility issue.

EDIT-"Tetchy-Easily irritated or annoyed"- only because this is happening about 1 in 4 times I compile. Sorry...
NeX the Fairly Fast Ferret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 18:57
I have to disable Data Execution Prevention for the DB compiler otherwise it doesn't compile because it's essentially filling a memory space with data and then trying to execute it; very viruslike behaviour.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 20:52
Quote: "it's very easy to blame other software when there is a compatibility issue."

Especially when it's actually the case.

Certain programs (AV & search in particular) open the files exclusively so that they can inspect the contents. If another program then attempts to open the same file just after this, then the open will fail.

I have had this problem myself recently with Comodo (AV & Firewall) and Copernic (desktop search). Both have now been removed from my system.

So, have you actually tried temporarily disabling your AV to see if it is the problem or not?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 11:13
@NeX the Fairly Fast Ferret, could you explain how to disable Data Execution Prevention for me so I can try it?

@Ian M, I'll try it today if I get the chance if only to help locate the fault. I only object to this line of dealing with the problem as compatibility is not exclusively the fault of one party, despite your saying;

Quote: "it's actually the case"

It is not.

It is the responsibility of any software manufacturer to ensure that if a compatibility issue is found with other software it makes an attempt to rectify the issue or to offer an acceptable solution.

I do not believe that telling a user to disable their AV software every time they compile is acceptable. Others may disagree but I have payed for the software just as they have and as a customer I don't think it's unreasonable to ask it is looked into.

If it can't be because there are time restraints or more pressing bugs then fine. I just wanted to point out that this is happening more often now and is causing me to re-think the platform I intend to use for my hobby.

None of the compilers we use at work have any compatibility issues like this... granted they are more expensive but I'm sure that you will agree as programmers there is a workable solution to this issue, it is only a matter of how many people complain before it becomes an important enough bug.

Consider this me adding my name to the list and saying I don't like the workaround as it stands. [NOTE]Rant over[/NOTE]
NeX the Fairly Fast Ferret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 19:52
Control Panel->System->Advanced->Performance->Data Execution Prevention->Add Exception.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 20:09
Quote: "It is the responsibility of any software manufacturer to ensure that if a compatibility issue is found with other software it makes an attempt to rectify the issue or to offer an acceptable solution."

When the removal/disabling of one or two applications causes all of my problems in other applications to simply go away, I place the blame for that problem where the real cause is.

For instance, I didn't go after Microsoft because the desktop search blocked Visual Studio from saving to a .cpp file. I didn't go to TGC because the AV blocked the DBPro compiler from updating the .exe I was compiling. I didn't go to Sun because one of the AV/search blocked Open Office from saving to a .odt document. Why? Because it's not their responsibility to fix a bug in someone else's software.

Now if you can give a reasonably concise way of us reproducing this problem (so that it happens >50% of the time at least), then it can be looked at an investigated, and it maybe that TGC can come up with a workaround. If not, it'll simply be placed onto the 'unreproducible' stack until someone in TGC can reproduce it, which if they don't use the same AV and/or other utilities as you may be a very long time.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 11:19 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 11:20
Quote: "so that it happens >50% of the time at least"

I can't I'm afraid as I said earlier it happens about 1 in 4 times but I can give you as much information as possible:

My system spec:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
6GB RAM
32 bit Windows Vista Business SP1
ATI FireGL V3100 Display adapter

DBPro:
Version 1.073
Upgrade 7.3

Plugins:
BlueGUI
DarkAI
DarkPhysics
D3DFunc.dll
DBProMultiplayerPlusDebug.dll
DBProODEDegbug.dll
DKAVM.dll
DKShop.dll
EZrotate.dll
gui2.dll
Matrix1Util_01.dll -> Matrix1Util_32.dll
printer.dll
SC_Collision.dll
ShaderData.dll
ZappoPrint.dll

Error report:

Also running:

and...

Steps to reproduce:
1-Compile any DBPro code. The larger the amount of code the more often it happens so perhaps if you can get up to about 10,000 lines it might make it happen 50% of the time I'll try it tonight and edit this post with the results.

That's about all I can think of for the time being (anything else that might help?).

I'm sorry if you feel I'm being stupid or facetious, I am not trying to be either.

Quote: "For instance, I didn't go after Microsoft because the desktop search blocked Visual Studio from saving to a .cpp file. I didn't go to TGC because the AV blocked the DBPro compiler from updating the .exe I was compiling. I didn't go to Sun because one of the AV/search blocked Open Office from saving to a .odt document."

Perhaps you should have. Some companies, such as the one I work for will actually try to come up with a workaround if enough of their customers have a problem such as this. We have fixed several compatibility issues which were not directly down to our own software.

I am sorry if I have annoyed you by feeling that other companies should operate like ours when it is not necessarily the most obviously cost effective way of doing business. Our customers do like us though (most of the time).
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 18:03 Edited at: 24th Aug 2009 19:00
I've only just seen this thread.

I've been getting this problem repeatedly recently - but since I've been testing the new editor I assumed it was to do with that.

The AV software theory is certainly plausible - but I never used to get the problem on my laptop till I installed the new editor. Unfortunately I updated my AV software around the same time, so it could still be either.

I'll try disabling the AV on my laptop today and see if the problem goes away. At the moment I get the problem intermittently with every project I try to work on. I'll report back with my findings later today.

Edit Since AV software has been suggested as a possible culprit perhaps all those who have this problem could say which AV software they are using. The two machines I've experienced this on both use Norton. My dinosaur, which still has the old editor and ancient version of DBP, uses Kaspersky - I haven't noticed it there.

Edit2 Just tried working for about 30 mins on a few DBPro projects on my laptop with AV turned off. Didn't get the error message once. So it looks like we have one potential culprit.

@NexTheNearlyFastFerret What did your post mean?
chaos60556 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
I just ran into this problem with the extens plugin. After reading these posts, I changed the security setting for dark basic pro in my security suite to trusted and the problem went away.

For reference:
Windows XP Professional version 2002 service pack 3
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Pentium D CPU 3.00GHz (Dual Core)
3.11 GB of Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS Graphics Card
Bursar
Years of Service
User Offline
I've just had this error. Everything was working fine last night, then the new style editor stopped compiling my code with an undefined parser error. Strangely the same code compiled and ran just fine using the old editor.

This morning however, even the old editor wouldn't compile my code without throwing up the CFileBuilder error. To fix it, I've just added the installation directory of DBP and the target directory where I store my code to the exclusion list in MS Security Essentials. Everything now seems to be working again
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2009 11:02
Strangely I haven't had this problem for quite a few weeks now without having changed anything...

I have been working on a new project though as it was getting to be a pain on my other project. Perhaps it depends partly what dll's you are using in the compile?

I use AVG pro version 8.5.421.
Kaegos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 14:15
Hey, just found this thread because I was having the same problem on my machine at home (running Windows 7 32-bit). I tried a few things, but upon disabling Microsoft Security Essentials, it no longer had any more problems. I'm yet to try adding DBPro as an exception to the security, but either way it's looking more and more likely that this is a security software clash.

Good luck everyone!
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2009 02:02
I had the same problem a few moments ago after installing Norton Internet Security & AV The problem was rectified by setting the DBFolders and project folders as AV Auto-detect exclusions.

Looking for DBPRO coders: http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/misc/BidRequests/ShowBidRequest.asp?lngBidRequestId=1277706
Adrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2009 16:46
I have just had the same problem. I'm not running Norton but Windows 7 and the security essentials thing.
I cured mine by reloading an old project and compiling that (which worked).
I then reloaded the source file and recompiled and that worked and has been ok for the last 10 compiles or so.
I haven't had to change any security settings (and don't believe I need to as it worked before and after the re-compile.)
There's definitely something weird going on but have been unable to get the result again (not that I want to really.)
Hope the above info is useful to somebody
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2009 17:02
Yes, I get this problem too - but never used to till one of the recent upgrades.

I think someone who knows what's going on should explain why this has started to happen.

And for those who don't know (like me) could someone explain where the relevant security setting can be found?
Adrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2009 21:25
ok, so it's happened again.
This time I edited the Microsoft Security Essentials settings to allow the program I am writing as an exception and this has allowed my program to compile and run. Strangely enough, even though it would not compile, the file it produced would still run fine. It just means that I can't really debug it as I can't tell where any of the syntax errors are. This is really frustrating.

(To alter settings on Windows 7 running Microsoft Security Essentials:
Open security essentials > Settings > Excluded Files & Locations
Click Add...
Locate the .exe file you have made.
Close the box and re-run the compiler. This should allow your file to be made and run.)

One more question: If I have to set up my security programs to allow my program to run, will I have to do this on any PC that I want to run this program on? i.e. will my users have to adjust their security settings in order to allow Dark Basic Pro programs to run?
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 13:25
What about Vista and XP? Where are these magic settings?

I have this problem every day on both machines and it's very annoying because it won't let me re-compile till I've deleted the .pck file etc. It makes the compiling process annoyingly cumbersome.
ajfweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Yup, I have this problem, but disabled Microsoft Security Essentials and: BANG! Problem Solved!
Now to add an exception...
ajfweb
Years of Service
User Offline
"adrian" wrote: "will my users have to adjust their security settings in order to allow Dark Basic Pro programs to run?"

Nope, it's an issue with compiling the program, you can run the program fine without modifying security software, (and so can your clients/customers).
Adrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2009 22:47
Quote: "
Nope, it's an issue with compiling the program, you can run the program fine without modifying security software, (and so can your clients/customers).
"

Ok, thanks for that. Makes me feel a bit better.
It does have the advantage of faster compile times now but strange that it works for so long before suddenly not working.
Lemonade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 05:07 Edited at: 10th Dec 2009 05:09
I too have this problem. I just installed Microsoft Security Essentials for the first time, and got this error. I turned MSE off, and the error disappeared and compiling went much faster. How can I fix this??? I already tried adding DBP to the MSE exception list--both "DBProAccociator.exe" and "Launch.exe". I also tried using CodeSurge and adding it to the exception list...no success. Then I tried the whole DBP folder....zip, nada , zilch. Sometimes when I get the error, I click OK and the compiled EXE will still run. And then, sometimes it will do nothing. Help!

Quote: "Control Panel->System->Advanced->Performance->Data Execution Prevention->Add Exception"

^^Doesn't work.

BTW, I'm using the latest update for DBP (just got it today). I also have a fresh install of Windows 7 64...
Adrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 11:19
It's the name of the executable file that needs to be added, so if your game is called My Game.exe, then that is the name that needs to be added to the exceptions list. The file will then compile ok.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 23:33 Edited at: 11th Dec 2009 23:46
Where are these exceptions lists in XP?

Edit I've found Windows Security Essentials but can't make sense of the window that opens - see below. What does any of this have to do with compiling DBPro? I get this annoying compiler problem continually on all my machines. There ought to be a simple obvious solution.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
AntonB
Years of Service
User Offline
I just ran into this problem. Running windows 7. Adding the exception worked like a charm. Thanks guys!
Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2010 04:29
I too can confirm that modifying my anti-virus to exclude my DBpro projects folder and the temp file folder corrects this error.
EFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 03:44 Edited at: 31st May 2010 03:45
Now that I've seen this happen a few times, I've been able to isolate at least one occurrence where this happens every time.

Here's the sequence of events;
1. Compile a program inside DBP.
2. Run the program outside of the IDE (I do this every now and then to check something that doesn't require an entire compile run through)
3. Change something inside the program.
4. Attempt to Compile and Run through the IDE.

This error seems to come up every time I do this.

I then took the advice listed in the several responses and added the DBP path as an exception in my anti-virus (AVAST Free fyi) and it no longer happens.

So, obviously not a deal breaker.

-
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2010 02:06
I never experienced this properly until my comp needed fixing - I bought win 7 pro a week ago - had this problem on Vista Premium 64 but changing exceptions in AVG free version prevented the issue occuring again. Now with win 7 pro 64, everything is ok(so far) unless I attempt to compile any project that was from an older machine. Altering exceptions in AVG(purchased) had no effect - neither did disabling AVG and/or windows firewall. The only way I can get older projects to compile is if I copy the text directly to the editor and any required media files to a fresh project created with the current installation. Can`t help but think this also has something to do with UAC/ownership. Oh and yes, on any occassion I`ve mentioned, I also tried the exceptions rules in security settings.
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2010 00:34 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2010 00:35
Have now turned UAC off and hey presto, all my projects from previous os`s/machines compile and execute without this error just fine - I would also like to add that I had taken over ownership prior to UAC being turned off but to no avail. Turning UAC off is what has done the trick. I do worry that UAC being off leaves my machine vulnerable, however I no longer get annoyed by all those messages which I have to say has never detected anything untoward when I used Vista(which I`ve had since about 1 month of its release until last week).
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2010 11:13 Edited at: 8th Jul 2010 11:15
This happens to me (XP 32bit) when I try to compile a project in my Dropbox http://www.dropbox.com folder

while Dropbox is running (and therefore syncing the contents of that folder.

When I stop Dropbox running, compiling works again. So it looks like the compiler is a bit sensitive to having access to files.
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2010 13:32
Oddly this problem is back on my machine - windows security feature or avg settings or uac seems to have only worked for either a short while or more likely I haven`t tested the issue to experience the full extent of the problem! To get round it now, I have to press Return on the line highlighted(from first compile) in the IDE then press Delete and recompile. Works everytime but its reeaally annoying. Its almost as if the compiler doesn`t like any changes to projects - it even occurs(though less frequently) with recently created projects! However when using the temp directory(ie just opening dbp without creating a new project), I don`t seem to come across this problem. The other way around the issue - equally annoying - is to delete any previous exe or to change the projects exe name in the editor.
My thinking now - though I know its a stab in the dark - is that dbp has some sort of fail safe to prevent the recreation of files currently in use with dbp, and its this that has a problem. Some older upgrades used to produce a .bak and a .pck file on my hd; regardless of compiler settings in dbp, so I`m thinking dbp now does this internally and is throwing up an error in doing so. I find it odd that deleting exe`s or renaming them gets past the error and just as odd is that pressing return at the line highlighted from the failed compile, followed by pressing delete also bypasses the problem.
IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2010 01:38 Edited at: 25th Jul 2010 01:38
just like to speak up and say that this is now happening to me as well.

this thread is nearly a year old , meaning people have been getting this error for a year... that seems significant... Hmmm?

lee, please look into this on your end.

i'm running windows 7, 64 bit, dbp 7.0

=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2010 22:09
I used to have this problem no end, sometimes I'd F5 as many as 50 times before compiling and running successfully.

I tried adding all the DBP stuff to my AVG exclude list, but it didn't help.

I did however find a solution, more by accident than design. I noticed a connection between the program compiling properly and the project folder being open!!

Yup, it was as simple as that; Close the folder you have your project in after you have loaded it. I haven't had that silly error now for a good long while

James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2010 03:41
Doesn`t work for me - just tried it(closed folder straight away)
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2010 21:30
The problem went away completely for me when I added DBPCompiler.exe to Microsoft Security Essentials' Excluded Processes list, whether I have the project folder open or not.

Martend
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I also get the mentioned error, see below:

Created temporary file C:\Users\martend\AppData\Local\Temp\dbp91F2.tmp
Writing project file C:\Users\martend\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp.dbpro
No icon is specified for the final exe
Compiling C:\Users\martend\Projects\wireframe\Application.exe (current directory is C:\Users\martend\AppData\Local\Temp\)
Could not create C:\Users\martend\Projects\wireframe\Application.exe
Cleaning up
PARSER ERROR
------------
UNDEFINED PARSER ERROR
PROGRAM TRACE
-------------
ERROR TRACE
-----------
Could not create C:\Users\martend\Projects\wireframe\Application.exe
Failed to 'CFileBuilder::AddPCKToEXE'
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2010 16:12
BMacZero - I shall give that a go as soon as I have installed essentials

Martend - I never get that much detail in the report.

UNDEFINED PARSER ERROR - now this supports what I said earlier about being able to press return, then delete(sometimes have to use backspace and have to do it at the beginning of a line or the end - never inbetween). If I could see hidden charactors like space tab and return it might help id what could be the cause of the parser error. That said its just as possible that when the editor autocompletes code such as this;
do

LOOP
something is going wrong - by which I mean that a lot of the time if there is already an entry on the next line, the code wont autocomplete the loop. In most cases I get the error. Will ahve to thoroughly test again to be sure and Ill paste all code into a text editor each time to see if there are any hidden charactors causing the trouble.
ajfweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2010 16:27 Edited at: 30th Jul 2010 16:34
As I see it, the issue is with Dark Basic producing temporary files in the current directory, and/or storing executable code as data.
This produces an issue, as "resident protection"/"active protection" in many popular AV products will notice this file, and inspect its contents.

It also produces an issue with some shell extensions (such as Search programs), which also inspect the contents of files in a directory.

As a result of inspection, this causes a failure, because Dark Basic Pro has lost exclusive access to the file due to it being scanned or opened by another app.

The other issue Dark Basic is storing executable code where there should be non-executable data, which sets off heuristics alarm bells in many AV programs and DEP (Data Execution Prevention).
DEP is problematic in this case because it is not just "AV Software", it is a security feature of windows and BUILT-IN TO MODERN PROCESSORS.
Marco A G Pinto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2010 03:05
I would like to say that I am getting this error aswell.

It is very annoying and bad :-(

Kind regards,
>Marco A.G.Pinto
---------------
Sepnon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2010 05:57
arent you all trying to compile with the exe opened?[/obviouserror]
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2010 14:08
I doubt it.
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2010 04:59
Quote: "arent you all trying to compile with the exe opened?[/obviouserror] "

No, that error says something a lot more generic like "Could not create EXE". The suggestions that DBP doesn't like other processes opening the temp files while it's compiling are most likely correct.

I have gotten the error since exempting DBP from the virus scanner, but very very infrequently and it never happens twice in a row.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I have suffered with this problem on and off for a long time too. Just noticed this post about the error. I have resorted to wiping my system in the past because of how bad it can get. I regularly have to try compiling a project more than once as a matter of course. I use Commodo Internet security. This bug did seem to creep in at about the same time as an update, can't remember which one now but it could well have been when the free edition was launched. It would be nice for this to be fixed, rather than having to mess around with antivirus and firewall stuff. DB worked just fine before at one point.
Oh and I noticed a post about having the folder open. This is a bug I have noticed in windows vista, and also win 7. They are both sometimes dodgy with files. I noticed (vista especially) that windows will think a file is open simply because you have clicked on it. The only way to get around it is normally a reboot.
How time flies though, doesn't seem THAT long since this bug crept in! When I started reading the post and saw the date on Lee Bambers message I thought, this can't be the problem I'm getting now? This post is ancient!

http://s6.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=103081

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 20:45:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 20:45:39