Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Do you know how to make an entity glow when appearing?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 23:55
Someone must have done this already. I want enemies to appear as if coming in from another dimension, first a big gobe with sparks around them, they fade in (or appear) and the glow and the sparks go away, leaving the enemy, who is ready to attack the player.

Anton

Student Programmer
Lost Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 14:00
i think appear2.fpi is fading in but to for what you want ull need to make a decal appear in front of them temporarily

Doom,where the sanest place is behind a trigger.
New Comers Corner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 22:03
How do I make a decal appear (to add a glow) when the entity is appearing? Also, maybe I can use the same trick to make the entity glow when they're killed and their body is fading? (ie sending them back to their dimension) ???

Student Programmer
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
I would also know how to make decals appear temporarily, since I have been trying to get this for a while, since I want the smoke decal to appear for a short amount of time when you press a switch so it looks like the switch burns out lol

Tom

Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
New Comers Corner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2006 20:15
Yes! When you used a decal to make the switch burn out you could play a wav sounding like a short circuit. I have to learn this script language. I feel helpless. So how do you make a decal appear for a short time as an entity appears, or disappears, to make a glow around them? And maybe add a neat sound.

Student Programmer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 12:13:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 12:13:21