Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / To anyone: Is there a guide to writing fpi scripts?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2006 05:06
Granted, it looks easy, but without a clue to the syntax I'll blunder forever. Its not exactly c and certainly not basic. Can someone direct me to a guide documenting exactly how to write fpi?

Student Programmer
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2006 15:31
Conjured Entertainment is selling one in his FPSC addon on www.conjured.us

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 25th Apr 2006 17:39
This is not a guide, but explains the syntax, conditional statements and commands.

Hope it helps.

Crazy Grandpa

Attachments

Login to view attachments
New Comers Corner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2006 19:43
Thanks for the command guide. It certainly provides an insight into beginning to understand fpi.

I figure, sometime we'll all see, there will be real immersive virtual worlds, helmets or headsets or whatever we can all afford, and there will be programs for us to write our own virtual worlds. I even think some of the programs now, like FPSC and 3d GameStudio, will evolve to be able to display in this technology. So, a languages like fpi or WDL will be good to know. They'll elvolve, they'll get libraries of scripts to do more things. I could go on, point out Scientific American is explaining how computer memory is going to be nanosized and huge...god I can't wait for the technology, but I just want to thank you for helping me start with fpi.

Student Programmer
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 25th Apr 2006 20:11
If you're familiar with c or basic, then you aready know the basics of for/next and if/then scripting. .FPI was written for the FPSC engine and will probably never be used beyond that. I think there are some tutorials floating around by different members, but nothing by the authors that I know of. After all, it was meant to be drag and drop/WYSIWYG.

That being said, FPSC is still in it's infancy and there are many good people working to improve it, including of course TGC.

Looking at the scripts and figuring out how they work has helped me a lot. Once you see what the script is doing, it's easy to alter or re-write completely. Experiment.... have fun with it. Just make sure to save the originals.

Happy scripting.

Crazy Grandpa

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 12:32:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 12:32:23