Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / WOOT! HOLY WOOT!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 02:51
http://www.delvarworld.com
Darken the skies, we are god
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 02:52
da screw, got too excited with the tab button and posted wtice. Just registered my website, up there, one GIG of space for only ten bucks a month! I am godddddd awful happy

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 04:08 Edited at: 25th Mar 2003 14:47
rofl you are a loser

[EDIT] No WAIT!! YOU ARE AMAZING... lol hold on, I already have my own webspace...

nice page...

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 04:26
well I guess rap doesnt get to share my gig of space with me...

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 05:09
updated and very, very sexy

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 06:59
So what you gonna do with it? It doesn't matter if you have the biggest gun and have nothing to shoot.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 21:34
the music that I write, the games that I program, the 3d art that I make, my calculator programs...

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2003 00:21
well, the basic layout is up and it is lookin fine, check it out (none of the links on the left work yet, but they will), and give me feedback. Dont forget, everything on this site is orignal, made by me, all of that artwork is 100% Quoththeraven.

http://www.delvarworld.com

tell me what you think of the new layout!

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2003 05:39
the severest absence of feedback...

Incandescant
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2003 12:09
it looks good but the writing is kinda hard to read, because it's a charcoal colour on a black background.
I like the flash as the pages load
Overall a nice looking site, maybe lighten the colour of your main text. A lighter shade of grey?

System: Athlon TBird 800Mhz, 320MB RAM, GeForce 2MX440, DX8.1
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2003 03:58
Hmm the page doesn't work in Mozilla... looks nice in IE tho. No actual content is viewable tho, is that right? I was interested to see your artwork

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2003 22:10
got some content up, but it's not officially open yet. Look around if you want to.

http://www.DelvarWorld.com
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2003 23:36 Edited at: 4th Apr 2003 01:43
From webpage:
Quote: "and I am looking down into the allies spawn from 3 stories up"

This is EXACTLY the sort of anti-social play that spoils games like these for the nice and decent people who'd like to play these games without asterisks like you. You are the menace that ruins the fun.

To put this into context for those not familiar, in the online game Day of Defeat it is possible on ocassions to exploit the (bsp mapping) level design and reach areas that you should not. Doing so normally gives a huge advantage, such as the ability to shoot but not be hit (even in plain view due to invisible collision walls [extending into the sky] being 1-directional).

People who practice these acts say that it isn't cheating because the game allows them to do it. However the fact it is possible is because of the public domain nature of the team who wrote it and the fact it is a MOD written under the Halflife engine rather than a game in it's own right.

I view this sort of behavior badly as you can no doubt tell. It IS cheating, it is NOT in the interests of fair play. It does NOT prove that you are good at the game.

The forums don't allow me to say what I want... kids being about an 'all.

Pneumatic, former Day of Defeat player (stopped playing after being killed for the n'th billionth time from the German on the roof of immortality).

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2003 01:13
well considering how complex it is to get up there, I would be amazed if someone actually did it during a real game. That's me alone in a server, the move sequences are too beautiful and complicated to perform in an active server. I don't post the kiddee find the invisible step and spawn camp, I do the ones that are difficult to pull off, and are for show more than for gameplay.

And none of the glitches I do make you invincible or invisible. It's simply climbing. Walking in the sky is a CS glitch, not a DOD glitch (and CS is a terrible game to begin with).

Cheating? So what? When I saw it done, it was the most amazing and crafty and ingenious thing i had ever seen, and it was much too cool to pass up. It's also important to note, that save nade glitches (which I DONT use), glitching in DOD does not make your gameplay better. If you suck, you suck, glitching wont improve your accuracy or reflex time (which is the biggest determing factor in your skill level). It's an art, and it keeps the game alive for most people.

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2003 01:48
It does depend on where in the map you exploit, certainly many of the glitches benefit from complete or partial protection from invisible walls. From my experience before quitting (because this was getting too common) occupancy of an immortal firing point normally resulted in the server emptying and the map being ridiculed on the boards.

Sadly Jurgen saw fit to start including maps in version 3 onwards of DoD that featured some very prominent 'glitches', but that's just Jurgen for you.

I can't see how that helps the game survive.

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2003 02:04
there is no such thing as protection from an invisible wall in DoD. Trust me on that one.

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2003 02:34
I gather there was a 4th release so perhaps they altered the maps or included different ones, sadly though I never found the download for it

It'd be nice to play DoD again although some of the excellent 3rd party mods now appear to be offline too :/ - such as the British soldier models and guns which where a necessity!

Take it from me, there DEFINATELY was a major issue with invisible walls when I was playing and the problem got so bad I quit the game over it. There's no fun in fighting against an immortal enemy who has an easy shot on you.

Anyway i'm glad you don't use the map exploits in this way and i'm sorry if my first post offended you on that score.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 14:48:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 14:48:35