Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Two latest models from Eternal Destiny: Hot off the milkshape!

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 03:56
Well, here they are

I've been modelling a lot lately, and since we are changing a lot of the game, the beginning has changed. These are two objects that will appear on the island where you start the game. The first is a house, the model isnt much, but it will be textured to appear ramshacked, and I will add some objects lying around (door, lose window frame etc)

The second is a well. Its going to be textured,,,like a well And of course Ill add water into (a separate object in DB) so that will spice it up. It will be right in the middle of the small town.

I hope you like
The Well is 200 Polies
The House is 578 (being trimmed, dont worry!)

RPGamer

Here is the House

Sorry for the bad JPG, its really a discrace But anyways heres the well............

What do you guys think? I hope you like them Im hoping for the textures to improve the models. They should

RPGamer
Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy! Oh ya, and Tat has a plugin for that!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 05:12
they look good RPG.

If u make the roof a limb or seperate mesh u can hide show limb if u go inside and need to look down into the building.

U could also do things tot he door in this method also

if u made the well handle another mesh u could rotate it when u came close for a magic well.

rotate limb OBJ,LIMB,X<Y<Z

Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 05:35
Hmmm, U got me all excited for a house and a well...
Sounds like things are moving right along...how long before a demo!?

They seem nice. Perhaps you could post something more complex, say maybe a character model?

Can't wait to see the textured version!

"Laugh to scorn the power of man..."
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 13:58
Thanks guys

Indi: I am planning on having the house be made in Cartography Shop, just to see how things work out. If it doesnt work out so well, yes I would use that method, like DG did in TML. Yes, I am aware of this, if we do actually end up using the well (I mean, have a character use it) yes I will do that

Brent: Well sorry for dissapointing you Im hoping for the quality of them to increase with a texture, I think it will. But the first island will include that house (an inn) a long building for weapons and armor, an item stand, a couple houses, and a flower garden. There will also be a few trees that I am modelling today (really dont want to use planes or sprites) and some other cool stuff, so dont worry

About that demo, since we are in total rehaul right now, I dont know when. But, as soon as I make the landscape (this saturday) and these models get textured (Dunno when) then I should be able to get a tech demo up (if things all go as planned)

Thanks

RPGamer

Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy! Oh ya, and Tat has a plugin for that!
yosepp
Years of Service
User Offline
looks pretty neat.The well looks kinda boring, but good texture can make it look good. So when's the demo gonna come. Any hope today? But tomorrow. Just joking. Keep up the good work!

----yosepp

if me in trouble() and 1=1 then print "but"
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 18:53
Well to be fair it IS a well, I didn't expect it to do backflips or something.

Nice work RPGamer.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Freezer
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work i have to say for using Milkshape =). Nice looking house. And the well is good too. See forward and live long!

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 22:21
Lol sorry the well isnt amazing, but hey, its a well! What can you expect!! I am off to do some more modelling now (item shop and weapon + armor shop, plus some other stuff) So Ill post back when Im done

RPGamer

Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2003 06:27
"Wha's that Skip'? Somebody's fallen down the well?"

Just a little thing that I can suggest - your house is supposed to be in shambles, right? How about detaching that little sign thingy on the front from one of it's supports and making it blow in the wind, making eerie creaking noises or something? How about a chimney, too?

Anyway - very nice models! And with a fairly respectable poly-count too! Look forward to seeing them textured!

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2003 10:00
I'd suggest approaching the inn from a rear angle in the game to prevent distance culling with the porch as I suspect it will cause distance culling problems, unless of course you are using a seperate distance object?

I'm reffering to the effect where the objects can't decide who to draw infront of the other . The inn is a simple but nice design, good job.

I've a textured well on the Banshee Studios site that Nik made, your free to use that or even pinch the textures. He's sent me some more models to put on the site too so i'll be doing that this weekend, no idea what is in there yet.

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2003 10:45
All's well, ends well, can't wait for the demo.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2003 14:00
DooMer: Hmmm yes that would be cool wouldnt it [puts it on to do list].

Dryll: Yes, we may have that problem, but I'm thinking of a way to code around it. Im getting DBpro soon (hopefully ordering tonight) so I can take advantage of the wicked awesome camera commands

Arrow: Were working on it! You dont wanna know how bad WE want a demo!

Thanks guys

RPGamer

koolaid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2003 03:35
rpgamer a question how long did it take you to understand the concepts of modeling they look nice i cant even create a well
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2003 03:38
Oh I dunno a few weeks Just need to understand vertices

RPGamer

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2003 04:17
*Heeeeeeees fallen in the wahtaaaa* (Aimed at Doomer )

Nice work RPG, looking forward to seeing them in the game

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2003 04:25
Lol me 2

RPGamer

Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 01:32
hehe, yeah RPGamer, you should make that a feature of the well, when you get near it you hear a ghostly voice... perhaps you crank up the bucket but there's just a frayed rope...

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 02:06:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 02:06:29