Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Immortal Guardian

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2006 04:59
In this First Person Puzzle game, you play as Professor Albet, a Mythological teacher at Stanford who has been hired by an Anonymous Employer to find the Holy Grail in a dark a forboding labryith. However, after a period of time, the minotaur will sense you in the tunnels and come and kill you!

It is a simple game, with only four levels, and two "cut scenes" but it is my group's (Bio Fox) first 3d game, and it came out pretty good. You can download it on our website http://www.theducttapeclub.org/immortalguardian.html. Try it out and tell me what you think! (Screen shots are on the site, but here's one for show)

Dr. Manette

Bio Fox...four guys, one computer, games like nobody's business.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2006 12:34
Doesn't work too well for me.

Are 'cut scenes' supposed to have any action on screen? I just get a black screen with voices, that I can't skip past.

Game is a bit basic and sliding collision is annoying as you get stuck on wall corners. Also walls have lots of graphical glitches with white lines.

When you die, you get a screen telling you to press any key. You press a key and whole thing crashes with an error.

Alright for a first effort though but needs a lot more polishing up and testing.

Boo!
Dr Manette
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2006 14:00 Edited at: 24th May 2006 05:19
The cutscenes are just voices, since we didn't make any models or scenes to begin with. Sorry about the skipping thing, we can fix that. I don'y know about the dying thing, but we can fix that too. However, I have no idea why there a white lines on the walls...

----edit-----
Okay, I fixed all the problems I could find, except the lines. I don't know why those occur. Download version 1.1 on the site http://www.theducttapeclub.org/immortalguardian.html. I hope other people look at out game and leave comments.

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2006 20:14 Edited at: 29th May 2006 23:12
looks cool! I'll try later.

Edit:

Immortal Guardian
1)New Game

Skip scene? y

Death is only the beginning...

Runtime error 6

Dr Manette
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2006 00:11 Edited at: 30th May 2006 23:06
Interesting, UFO, I'll take a look at it. Sorry for all the error that have popped up...

------edit------
Did you extract the exe, because I noticed that error only occurs if you don't extract the files out of the zip. Try it after extracting.

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
I extracted it before. It isn't that. Have you tried running it on another computer? Is there a file that is somehow not included in the download?

Dr Manette
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2006 17:38
I tried it out on my laptop and my friend's computer, and it works fine. I don't know what's wrong with your's. Try and download it again and makesure you have version 1.1. Anyone else have comments?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 23:59:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 23:59:50