Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Our models are always screwed up

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
my modelest has treid everthing, i even switched to DB pro demo but their always these glitches in the model i was wondering if their someone out their who has imported X and 3dS boned models to the pro demo who might know why i get one of 2 results.

Oliver
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2003 21:11
I think its because you have two or more points asigned to different bones. Check your model
LLX
Years of Service
User Offline
we manged to get it somewhat sorted out ill post a uldtate pic if it isnt solved by today, and keep that in mind too

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 05:38
oliver, what do u mean...i think im havin a similar problem

[center]These are called variables and each one has a little label on it carved in cuneiform script by the hand of an ancient Babylonian black box engineer.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 10:17
This think thier was a resent post that delt with this, I can't remember the title, though.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 19:09
Seems like some of the faces are reversed,,,, if you useing milkshape right click in the 3D window and uncheck DRAW BACKFACES, or else, some faces wont show up in DB.

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy! Oh ya, and Tat has a plugin for that!
Oliver
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 19:17
Ok, so when creating your bones in milkshape, you have to asign vertices to the bones, right?. If you asign one point to 2 bones it does the average position of the two points, and so messes up.

However from the picture above, it looks like you have what is meant to be two vertices, but joined together (i.e one), when they are actually meant to be two different limbs.

I had this problem, and it was because the two legs of the character both used the same point in the middle of them.

This is bloody hard to explain, so i hope you understood.
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 21:51
..looks like i gotta redo my skeleton..again...:p thanx for the help tho

[center]These are called variables and each one has a little label on it carved in cuneiform script by the hand of an ancient Babylonian black box engineer.
stormtrooper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2003 19:40
what about just plain old flipped polys. I use lightwave and thats how flipped polys look

Scott Wolfe

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 04:35:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 04:35:54