Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Ever seen "Mapcrafter"?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Searched the forums if "Mapcrafter" was listed here but none.

Mapcrafter is a heightfield game utility that makes maps 'first' in 2D (like old nintendo RPG's) then transforms the 2D atlas map into a 3D heightfield. It not only makes maps, but populates them with prefabs: houses, trees, and other stuff (of your choice) and exports to .B3D and .X map formats. You can check it out here:

www.empowergames.com

I'm no advertiser or endorser of this product, I am a TGC consumer and I think TGC should support this program as DBPro does import .x file formats.

Solstar Games incorporated this mapping utility into their BlitzBasic/Blitz3D game engine: Realmcrafter.. so it'd be very cool if you can have the same mapping functionality implemented to DBPro to quickly make RPG games.

What do you think?

Comp Stats:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ CPU, ATI Radeon x850XT GPU, BFG Ageia PhysX PPU, 1024mb DDR PC-3200, ASUS K8U-X Mobo.
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
its all good. but it if could be only DBO file format export. it would be very nice.
cuz half of the program features, dbp's .x importer cant read.

MyNewSite:http://gogetax.com
Forums(About BLO and more):http://gogetax.com/forum
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2006 09:04
then use Konvurd to export it to .DBO.

war_elf
Years of Service
User Offline
I was browsing the DB forum and noticed map crafter, and as it was a suggestion I emailed him, this is what he said

Quote: "i dont have reply features on that forum, could you post this for me.

Quote: Im not familiar with the dbo format, but if someone can supply a well commented basic exporter (written in db?) I could give it a shot. Thanks.

-jeff frazier (empowergames.com)
Email GameMaker04@Aol.com "

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 23:44:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 23:44:59