Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / TML: Demo Guide

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 12:57
Since there is no proper instructions with the RC, there will be in the final demo, ppl are having trouble getting past the 2nd battle. So I have decided to write a little guide.

First you should take a look at the battle mode page on my site:
http://digaw.com/index.php?site=Projects&page=The%20Magic%20Land&nav=Battle%20mode

Look at the parts called:
Semi-turnbased action points
Actions
Life and energy
Characteristics

First of, most seem to have completly missed the special attacks. You cannot survive this early in the game without them as your heroes are too weak. To preform a special attack you need all 3 APs. Then target your enemy, Patches can fire up to 3 hexes with his double shooty. A red circle indicates your current target, Patches can have both a yellow and a red circle at the same time as the yellow indicates where he will move.

Now rightclick and you get the action menu. The swords icon are a standard attack that is usefull if you want Patches to attack from a distance. But more important is the star icon. This is the characters special action and for all heroes in the demo that means a special attack. Special actions costs energy, the blue bar.

Pea-Guy have a double slash attack that adds an unblockable slash to his standard attack. Patches have a tripple shooty attack that lets him attack the target 3 times in a row. And Mortuator got a power cut attack that adds 5 damage and the attack is preformed with +5 in attack skill. If you have 5 more in attack skill then the target then you will make 1 more damage.

Do not underestimate the use of the wait action (bottom icon). It will only cost 1 ap if you haven't done anything this turn. It can be used to wait for something to happen or you can move up to a nasty and instead of attacking save the remaing ap(s) and charge up for a special attack.

The block action (top icon) is best used against green chompies as they are the ones with the lowest attack skill. If you increases Pea-Guy's defense skill then this will have more effect. What it does is that it adds 5 to the defence skill. If you have 5 more defence then the attacker have in attack then 1 damage will be reduced.

Now let's talk inventory. Pressing X or I will bring up the inventory screen. You can move around inventory by clicking on one and then click on any holder (empty or full). If the holder contains an item they will switch place. Right click to abort. You can also feed the items to the heroes. That's a wise thing to do as using items takes time in battle. Click on the item and then on a portrait.

When you win a battle you get gold and experience. The gold is shown in the inventory screen and can be used to buy new items from the shop in Small Town. The experience will make you level up every time in the demo as you start with level 1. So after every battle all your current heroes will have 10 points to spend on improving the skills. They cost differently for each character. You can read about them on the battle mode page. You may want to save before you buy or spend the points so that you can change your mind later.
[b]Digital Awakening
Game in developement: 3D RPG - The Magic Land
Visit DigAw.com for more info and shots
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 19:27
Thanks That helps, altho I'd only just worked out most of that myself Stunningly great game, every1 should play this!

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 00:43
Kang:
Thanks =)

[b]Digital Awakening
Game in developement: 3D RPG - The Magic Land
Visit DigAw.com for more info and shots

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 11:43:11