Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Alternatives to BSP?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 03:34
Are there any alternatives to create levels with realistic shadows apart from BSP? In my opinion the BSP support in DBPro is just plain rubbish since you cant do lighting effects (blinking lights n stuff), there is no way to position bsp worlds so half the time you cant even find the damn level, you can't manipulate BSP data (make events like blowing up walls etc) and you cant create any decent effects in levels (like reflecting floors, mirrors etc).

I heard that you can use memblocks to create shadows by burning textures but i have no idea how to use memblocks at all.

Please help

Cheers
Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
Tigerdane
Years of Service
User Offline
Hrmm.. If you are looking for a map maker? Try the CShop Demo. It makes BSP like maps and exports it in .x Format. If you want to have walls blowing up all over the place, you need to make each wall/wall section a seperate model and when the wall detects collision with a bullet or missile, then switch the model to a crushed version. It may decrease FPS for a sec, but could work for what you are doing. I don't know much about Memblocks since I don't have the enchanced pack or DBPro (YET!!! ( Dang Mail =P ))

Tigerdane
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2003 00:22
I would get Cshop but it don't support lights and i heard it's pretty basic and not worth the cost. My levels are gonna be quite complex. Does anyone know of texture burning software? I heard there's a few around...

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 00:10:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 00:10:25