Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Ahh that time of the month again Kiddies (^_^)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 05:47
i'm a little bored, should be working on people stuff - but quite frankly i'm put out that people expect work from me and give nothing in return (^_^)

so me, feena, alex and chris (who i've hijacked from Raven Software, AND YOU AIN'T GETTING HIM BACK MWHAHAHAAAA! until monday lol) ... are gonna take my new car 'Chloe' out for a damn'd good nite out on the town. And you'll all be pleased to know that Feena told me i touch her sister again she'll break something on me (which is a shame cause Alex is bloody hot tonite)

well back to the real point here

'To date you have posted 4618 messages to the forums'
yes i wanna know your post counts ... i do believe someone said they'd catch up with mine hehee
Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
DangYankee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 08:15 Edited at: 30th Mar 2003 09:49
Well have a good time, I am proud to say I don't want a damn thing. Really you need some fun and a break. And for Godsake get a sanitary napkin.

It's not the size of your code but how efficiently you use it!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 09:53
oki... i'm home already
funny story - feena beat the living tar out of me and has borrowed Chloe
good news is Alex will be home in about 20mins to 'comfort' me as thats how long the taxi is gonna be (^_^)

we started (and ended) at The Basement (not sure if anyone knows it) ... well to make a long story short - Feena went after me, but a stupid bouncer got in the way. Well i'm sure he won't make the same mistake twice, and luckily for him i was close enough to stop feena doing any major damage to him.
Well that was mistake #1 on my part well to my surprise feena didn't do anything - all she did was tell me she was taking me home, and as not to cause a scene i thought, one downed person for the nite was probably one too many

so i decided to come back home... once we got home though well somewhere between the car and the door - is an incident, i'm left brusied and battered and because i refused to fight her back she got even more pissed off .. took my car

but its taken me ages to write this ass my typing is quite slow at the mo, but keep on posting those post counts

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 11:06
Heh, I have no idea, but too many considering the work I should be doing...

Sounds like a good night out, I ain't been getting out much since I broke my bloody wrist, but the plaster's coming off in a week, and then, ooooh boy I think I may treat meself to a bottle of absinthe and see if I can't break the other one

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 17:50
"i'm a little bored, should be working on people stuff - but quite frankly i'm put out that people expect work from me and give nothing in return (^_^)"

Probably because you haven't established your terms clearly enough. If you were a more amiable guy I'm sure that people would see the light

Current Project: Retro Compo. Entry.
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 18:33
Only 565 messages here :-s

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 18:44
i dont post much, but i do read all posts!

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 20:58
'To date you have posted 1648 messages to the forums'

Argh I'm lagging... must b all the actual work I'm being forced to do recently

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Easily Confused
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 22:32
Only 378 posts!
Jeez, I feel like a newbie

Programming anything is an art, and you can't rush art.
Unless your name is Bob Ross, then you can do it in thirty minutes.
Easily Confused
Years of Service
User Offline
No wait....379 now!

Easily Confused
Years of Service
User Offline
er...380

Easily Confused
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 22:33
Bloody 'ell this could go on all day!

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2003 23:26
Easily Confused: I'll help, you got 382 now .

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2003 00:15

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Easily Confused
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2003 05:09 Edited at: 31st Mar 2003 06:13
I hope I've not done anything since I joined here to add to this outburst from you Raven, that will dissapoint me if so.

True, there are those around here who need to use the F1 key more often or use some energy in turning pages in the manual to find what their looking for. There are those who find what there looking for and still ask "how do you use this?"

But to be fair Raven, you are not forced to help, if you believe that whoever is asking you a stupid question or a silly request that they should already know the answer to, then you have every right to refuse to help if you wish, or cry out "it's in the manual!" or even "press the bloody F1 key you moron!"

Please calm down a bit, before you flame grill this post and everyone on it

Oooh look!, 383 posts now

(edit - This referes to a post by Raven, now removed by Indi)

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2003 06:08
how many times does it take for you to be told to stop swearing raven.

Quite frankly, who cares, If u want to do your laundry on a forum u must be hard up for friends and quite insecure.

Your not hired by DBS or any other company to offer advice here.
God your messed up sometimes it makes me wonder.

Your not responsible for answering questions nor have any gifted position outside of a normal user here.

Try to understand and realise your true position in this community then u might realise your waisting your own time and no one elses.

When u answer a question there doesnt have to be a reciprical approach each time.

You are one messed up little guy and should consider some counselling.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2003 07:03
978, if anyone cares.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2003 07:25
perhaps i'm not hired by DBS... but everyday i've got people contacting me left and right about bloody stupid things!
people seem to have the impression because i answer everything i'll do everything - there are ALOT of things that are off Forum record which are overloading my AOL Mailbox, my MSN Mailbox, i think people have started to learn i don't check my Yahoo! Mailbox ... who are all like, oki how do you, how can i?, why does this do this?, and a good few who contact me on the messengers - which simply have something like "oh have this code" they send me some bloody stupid code and somehow they expect me to fixx it, and when i say "i don't think so i'm busy, try the manual" they're there bloody 24-7 "have you fixxed it for me yet??"

its like IT AIN'T MY PROBLEM ... perhaps you should consider how certain members are actually treated around here. I know there are one or two posts that i respond to and say oki i'll sketch up some code and it doesn't get done.

ya know why? because of stupid time wasters on my accounts all damn'd day - bloody newbies asking me all kinds of questions that any 8yo with a half decent reading ability could know from checking the manual.
Oh and what happens when i turn around and actually tell them to 'sod off' as it were... oh suddenly Raven is the big bad guy that is bitched about to everyone cause he won't damn'd well help someone out!

I know i'm not on DBS, i don't WANT to be DBS because somehow i doubt they'd pay me enough to actually have me happy to do the work!
Perhaps ya'll can get it through the thick skulls of those who are abusing the fact i have my email and messenger address's up for legitimate reasons!

i don't want to go back to having to use a gothrough email account just to make sure i'm not bothered by people like that again .. more the the point WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO!!!??

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2003 09:38
damn is not swearing.

Damn[vb] - Expressing Dissaproval
Damfool[adj] - Foolish, stupid

Also the bad news is, Raven used it in the correct contect too

I will now shrink back into my corner

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2003 10:58
the swearing has been deleted so I would prefer if u didnt argue my point when Im doing this for free and not getting paid even when u cant see the information deleted id ask you refraim from posting.

Its bad enough we have enough parrots and monkeys who like to interject at innapropiate times.

keep in mind this is a companies forum , its not a trueman show for your life raven.

The only vested interest you have is that your a user of the product.

You were banned from RGT because u forget where that line is.

You the user, them the owners of the sites and companies.

It has been designed to answer questions and help users with a peice of software.

Its not a place to vent your problems that may arise due to your own time management stupidity.

If u over stretch your help and consider everyone who messages you to be the total user usage then u really need to seek some help in time management perhaps.

The forum is not an adult area specifically, we have younger users who shouldnt be subject to your indiscrimination and bastardisation of the english language.

How long will it take you to just stop the swearing ? 20 messages?
Its taken a bout 6 already.
Thats enough to form an argument for a temp/perm ban.
damm my dead goldfish could work stuff out faster than that.

You shouldnt have this extended forum breach and your no different to all of us.
I think next time im just gonna drop rich a line to talk about your account here.

Now I think Im one very fair person and sure I might tell what the deal is but hey I have had enough of this political masterbation and breaking forum rules.

keep going like this raven and u wont have anywhere to post/vent/rant.

can u keep the swearing out please?.
failure to do so will see more than my bark.

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2003 23:01 Edited at: 31st Mar 2003 23:01
Would be nice to have a bonus for a large number of useful posts, say, like a free week of DBDN...
...or even (and only if your female), a date with moi.

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
DangYankee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2003 23:32 Edited at: 31st Mar 2003 23:34
How would you keep track of them? oh a plug-in. I had to say that,sorry.

--I've certainly been guilty of some verbal indiscretions it's easy to forget in the moment where your at, Will make consience effort to curtail use. But I do believe that if you put up a general forum you should be allowed to talk about anything you want or don't have one.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2003 23:37
the word is mastication (mastibation make no sense in context) ... secondly the post i wrote before wasn't exactly laced with cussing, infact most of it was at the end in was quite well in the content of what was being said.

tell you what... you go through the 180odd emails i get a day just from this forum most of which from people wanting stupid things, and sit on my msn which right now i'm only using the one account so all my friends, contacts and others are on the same account ... or on my Yahoo! or Aim accounts which don't need approval - you'll quickly understand how someone can be so pissed about the whole situation.

NO I AM NOT PART OF THE DBS STAFF! so why the hell should everyone decide that i'm one the best sources to figure out thier inane problems?
I've sat here before for a good few minutes just deleting windows that popup with people asking me just damnd stupid things ... and they don't stop when you put yourself on away or busy or anything - Noooo they just start "oh i know your busy, but how do i make a cube?"
its like I DONT CARE HOW THEY MAKE A STUPID CUBE, and i bann and delete alot of people daily - but it doesn't matter cause there are just as many to take thier damn places!! And when you're working you don't care what a popup says, it might as well say "About to Reformat the Hard Disk, yes/no?" and i wouldn't read it i'd just press yes to get it off the screen! or even more i don't press yes but activate the windows and press 'enter' which usually defualts on yes.

are you begining to understand the point of this rant yet?
I DONT WANT THIS KIND OF PEOPLE TALKING TO ME! ... yet the only way not to it to go back to how it was letting people contact me before, which for something important could take days or even weeks before i'd be able to answer them.
yes there are many users out there, and perhaps a few newbies do contact all of ya'll offline - but i've had other users here before and they know just how bad it can get! ... i can get to the point where i'm not doing anything but telling people to LEAVE me alone, and they just don't get the hint!

you can literally tell them "F**K OFF!" and they'll just come back with, "Ahh your busy so i'll try again a little later..." 10minutes later they're bugging the hell out of you again!
i don't care what tv show you liken this to or whatever, all i care is that people just damn'd well leave me alone unless it tell them specifically "yes i will help them" ... and they have to learn if i tell them they have to wait - that doesn't mean wait in dog years, that means i'll contact them again once i'm done.

you can't understand why any of this would piss me off even slightly?
i'm not paid to answer questions, why should every newbie make me feel like i have to? and again i'm not talking about in the forums, cause i have the choice of answering something or not - i'm talking about those who decide that they need to bug the hell outta me cause i appear so 'helpful'
grr ... its just stupid

DangYankee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2003 23:58
Why don't you just make a new user account/s and don't give it out except to your friends and stop using the old one. And don't publish it here for godsake.
Might be a little inconvenient but it would be worth your sanity.
It's like your stuck in a groove of a record.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2003 00:34
yeah but then people complained that they couldn't contact me, even worse those who i did let contact me gave it out freely - i mean before i even started posting my msn on the site i was already having these problems, because newbie gave it to newbie ... at one point i had 2 email address's for msn and when they released msn 5.0 i was using 2 messengers, but both would retain the login name so i'd have to manually remember the login names and passwords all the time ... which was quite annoying in itself.
i wish it was just a catch22 situation, but its not - its like no matter what i come up with to combat this i get it anyway.

you'd think handing out an email address the proper netiquette for it would be to ask the person it is (which i always do) incase they don't want them, but alot of people don't seem to think so ... and right now i have so many email address's cause there are so many people that its just not really possible to let only a select number know the new one without saying on the old one or going through and adding them one by one - remembering them in the addressbook by name when they change them almost every blasted time they're on or by email which quite frankly i forget nearly as soon as i add it...
its just stupid ... i mean my old Eidosnet.co.uk email still gets a good 20-30 emails a weeks from people wanting something from me from both RGT and Here.

but the even more annoying thing is that when i do finally need help myself no one will give the blasted time of day about it!
its like, yeah thanks for the help - but i'll work on my own stuff and you sort yourself out... i mean for gods sake, hows that for being bloody curtious. They can't help me cause they're too bloody wrapped up in thier own crap never mind the time i've just spent helping them. Yes perhaps i do start out by doing it becuase i just wanna help - but its only polite on the damn'd rare occasions i ask that someone will atleast damn'd well look at the problem i have - if they did that and said "Nahh, i don't understand this." then i can understand ... but its the attitude of "nope, go help yourself i'm busy!"

so the only places i generally can get help about problems is on the forum, which i don't like doing because
a)it takes ages to get a reply that anyone understand the problem
b)it takes even longer for someone to reply with a possible fixx
c)some projects i'm working on can't be broadcast all over the damn'd forum for everyone to see, so i need to keep help i get private because otherwise i have to think up some fake code with the same blasted problem which can take nearly as long as waiting for a decent answer around here.

i mean the way i see it, you can't have someone help you out and just expect them to bugger off and never care about the help you've given them, i mean most people i end up helping don't even have the curtosy to actually say "THANK YOU!" ya know it isn't a hard sentace to get your head around, and i know ya'll have mannors cause you sit there pleading for the help in the first place. surely its not just me who believes that if you ask for a favour you should expect to also ablige a favour at some point?

DangYankee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2003 04:06
Thats why I don't promise anything or if I have a problem I try to figure it out myself.
1. It helps me understand it better and I learn more, because it's not served to me on a platter.
2. I don't like to look like a total idiot - until I have to.
3. You can't trust half the answers you get anyway.
4. If I don't have the time to figure it out (my project) then why would someone else care.

But they are great for people at the same time for those annoying little idiosyncrasies that crop up. And oh it's not in the manual but.. or it's supposed to do this but ... before patch 4 it worked like this but now ..
And I will take the time to try to help someone that:
-- truely does not understand the magnitude of what they want to do.
-- are realy nice.
-- if they sound like a cute girl ... wife's not lookin I hope.. on the net I could be a firefighterr with bigg muscells yaw.
-- I actually know something about it. That aways helps.
-- It's something I am interested in. Either knowing or helping.
-- Doesn't cause left or right arm to spazz out.
-- Doesn't make me type for ever and ever - wait thats you.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2003 04:18
hehee (^_^) i have that effect on people...
for every legitimate email and contact i get, i can guarentee you i'll get 10more from morons.
and they do ask questions that only the team can provide the answers to else they've not checked the manual.

its like - jebus, can't you guys just like try something for yourselfs? i mean how the hell did they ever learn to wipe thier own asses??
(if some didn't then thats a scarey though right there)

... hehee and about the cute girl comment, if you wife is watching i forced him to write that ... he didn't want to but i said he had to (think she bought it?)

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2003 15:56
Indi, i know that swearing should not take place, but there are no TOS or AUP that this site/forum has.

Even then the use of UK English will be the part of the rules, so any word(s) that are part of the proper English vocabluary can be used, unless there are rules to say otherwise.

And if there are rules you should send a email to all members telling them of new rules and contain a link that will delete them off the forums without them having to see the forums or go onto the website (depending on what the rules effect.)

Quote: "keep in mind this is a companies forum , its not a trueman show for your life raven. "

yes and no, the company should have a TOS and AUP like i said before so that it takes no responsibiliy for what is said here.

I will stop now as i do not like making enemies or siding with Raven j/K

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2003 16:12
-I will stop now as i do not like making enemies or siding with Raven

LOL!

Who's here to make friends anyways?

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 11:07:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 11:07:36