Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / whats happening then ???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 13:26
Hi ya all,

Brought the SDK when it was first release, and tbh have been sooo busy i havent been around to use it, now as far as i can see the sdk hasnt been updated since last june? is there to be an update soon or is support for the sdk being stopped? Only reason i ask is that i have licenses for torque game engine / game builder + blitz3d and blitz max and they all receive regular updates

thanks

If i dont know,
I'm sure you will
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
You shouldn't compare companies and products based on update releases. If DGSDK does the job for you, you shouldn't need new releases.

On the other hand I understand what you mean. I would personally like some new releases, especially regarding DGSDK. I'm starting to feel some loose ends trapping my work and apparently less people on the forums and less help.

It might be related.

The only lazy people that can complete games are genius. You don't look like a genius, so you better stop being lazy.
Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 14:03 Edited at: 8th Jun 2006 15:03
I cant use it until its VS 2005 compatiable... It would be nice if Lee would quickly compile it for VS 2005, release it, and then do any bug fixes after the other stuff he needs to do.

Come to the last Unofficial DBPro Convention (http://convention.logicstudios.net/)
Dont do anything I wouldn't do. But if you do, take pictures.
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I cant use it until its VS 2005 compatiable"

I'm on the same boat...

I have vague plans for World Domination
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 15:32 Edited at: 8th Jun 2006 15:33
I've sent an e-mail to Lee to see if he'll consider doing a VS 2005 1.1.1 version...

At least we haven't been waiting for a release as long as the Truevision people - thats still in beta (and as far as I can tell, the other modules haven't even been looked at), and its been several years in that state...

Come to the last Unofficial DBPro Convention (http://convention.logicstudios.net/)
Zeal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 17:19
I know a lot of us need 2005 support, but thats not the point. We are supposed to be patched (in full to u6) after the helpfiles. So I dont think its wise to ask for a special 2005 patch, it will just slow things down.

Its time to just start demanding we get what we have been promised.

All you need is zeal
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 17:43 Edited at: 8th Jun 2006 17:43
According to the reply I got, he needs to finish the physics stuff, and then update the documentation - the request for a VS 2005 1.1.1 failed...

Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 19:54
I'm with Zeal. DGSDK should accomplish already declared specifications before any other thing.

What will happen when you have your code in VS2005 and you find that the bugs don't let you finish your work?

They are starting too many projects before finishing previous ones. It is about time to "finish" the job started a couple of years ago.

Maybe it would be interesting that people waiting for an update write here a few words, just to encourage TGC to accelerate the process.
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not waiting for an update, I'm working as we speak, but I don't see myself keeping DGSDK as my main dev companion in the next couple of games.

I can't find an answer for dbPlayObject not working correctly, the documentation leads me to a lot of trial and error coding until I can finally get a way of it to work. I still have doubts if I can get vertex colours working or not. So it's helping me on one hand, but putting some unnecessary stress on another.

I do like it really, but in a bit more complex things I might have to rethink my strategy here. I also understand why there's no word about projects, but I always see new things all the times and little support to previous bugs from some products.

V

The only lazy people that can complete games are genius. You don't look like a genius, so you better stop being lazy.
Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Gervais
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 21:12 Edited at: 8th Jun 2006 21:24
The DGSDK is very nice to work with but need lots of figuring because the help file are not complete but this it is the same storey for DBPro. There have been many other thread that have requested an update and support for the new compiler(s) but the response have always been the same “later, we are working on some thing”

We are not event worth an entry in the monthly news letter.

But I still keep my hops up that one day they will keep the promise and give us an update that will work properly with Studio 2003 and 2005 and if we are luck with .Net
DBellis82
Years of Service
User Offline
well i WONT be buying this untill alot of the problems stated in the forum is sorted and i have no interest in any other TGC software i own dbpro got burnt with it then my disk got nicked and i dont wana buy a new disk so if they want my money maybe they should do what they promised with this sdk or refund every one and drop it all togeather

Codeing Makes Your Mrs hate You
STB Devolper - [url]www.eclipsedevelopment.co.uk[/url]
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 10:06
I will point out here though that the .NET version is solely being developed by myself, so this isn't contributing to any delays on the normal DGSDK version, but I also have to rely on the original libraries being updated.

Paul.

Home of the Cartography Shop - DarkBASIC Professional map importer
Artus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 10:17 Edited at: 9th Jun 2006 10:18
If its just to show up, ok, here I am (I have already bought VS2005 two months ago, just to be ready).

If it is to show any excessive hope, forget me.

Artus.

[quote]
Mike Johnson
TGC 3D Developer
Posted: 2nd Jun 2005 00:08
You can now download the latest version in beta form from http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=order_history. The file is listed as the beta upgrade 1.1.1 and is around 3 mb.

The main fixes in this version are related to terrain and the problem with the collision function not casting correctly.
Please report any problems in this thread and I can work through any fixes and upload a new beta. I will also be working on updating the help files and the demos provided with the SDK.
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 14:37
Quote: "maybe they should do what they promised with this sdk or refund every one and drop it all together"

I agree I paid £100 + VAT for dgsdk and I have to say the bugs and disregard tgc seem to have for the sdk users is making me think that I have wasted my money as there is many engines out there i.e. OGRE(free), torque etc.

Sort it out TGC, the post that Artus has quoted from Mike is over a year old, so where is the update????

My W.I.P project
mperdue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 05:25
Wow, I've not visited this forum for quite some time but I can see that nothing has changed. No new version. No real estimate of when there will be a new version. No indication that anyone even cares. I think it's time to write this one off as a bad investment and move on...

Mario
D Bellis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 11:01
i wouldnt say it would be a bad investmant but it is clear that work will be happening on it ill just hold of until thats deffinate

Amd Athlon 64 3000+ Newcastle , Asus K8N4-E Deluxe MotherBoard NForce ChipSet , 768MB DDR Ram , XFX Geforce 6600 Extreame Edition 512MB DDR2 Ram , WinXP Pro SP2

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 22:07:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 22:07:11