Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / "Extends" DarkBASIC Professional to another level...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 10:28 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2006 10:30
are you still looking for feature requests?

i have one that i think will be very hard to accomplish though, but here hoes:

I would like to be able to load a map and apply a secound layer of textures to the whole map. for example a layer of normal maps.
The Bump Mapping shaders and whatnot requires the secound layer of textures in order for the shader to work properly.

so by adding a command "Set Object Default Texture Layer objID, textureLayerId" would be sweet.

One could load a model, the texture is defaulted to layer 0, you apply the new command, and the texture is defaulted to layer 1 for example, that the shader requires the normal map to be.

this is possible through "Texture Object objId, TextureLayer, TextureId", but that won't work on objects that have multiple textures on each face, plus a lightmap texture.

the way this would work is: You load your map object, it have Textures on Layer 0, Lightmap on Layer 1. You load a secound map object, apply the new command to use Layer 1 instead of 0. and that model doesn't have lightmap or textures, just the normal maps. (you would have to export the level object twice then, first with the textures and the lightmap, then to a new folder with only the normal maps).

you would then set that object to not recieve light data, and ghost it. then apply the shader you wish.

do you understand what i am saying? and would this be a possibility?

2D Analyst
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
is the perfect collision based on vector collision??? I want to get some feedback on the pixelcollision before I buy it.

www.simpoware.com
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2006 00:35
@2D Analyst: the collision system try to reproduce the image like it is displayed on screen (rotation, scaling) and use it to calculate collisions. It's not 100% perfect because there's no easy way to get the real rendered image.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 01:21:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 01:21:55