Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Finding A Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2006 20:52
How can I make a list of servers that are running online, and have them be displayed, and then let a user choose which one they want to join? I find that having to type in the IP address limits the number of games you can play. I know id need to connect to a master server with all of the information, but I dont know how I would display this information, and then let the user be able to choose which one they would like to enter.

Current Project: Galaxy Conquest
Working Lines Of Code: 1133
Last Updated: 6/17/06 at 11:55 AM EST
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2006 00:44
I'm not sure why you are asking a question, when you already seem to have the answer too.

Each game server registers itself with the master server (or it's backup!) when it starts, and deregisters when it exits.
Over time the master server will check that each game server is still active, and deregister the ones that aren't.
Clients connect to the master server to get the list.

If you have a backup master, then you will need to get each query the list from the other and combine the lists - effectively, they act as a client does to get the list.

For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Briere
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2006 05:02
I know that, but I dont know how I can display all this info in my game, and let the user click which one they want to join.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-25 17:05:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-25 17:05:41