Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Flashlight! Real! Not a Lie!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2006 18:10 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2006 18:10

Your Mod was deleted by the Government.
Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2006 14:19 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2006 14:19
Quote: "its nice i wish i can get it to work"

Download the next atached file (flashlight.dds)
Put the flashlight.dds in the "[YourGameDir]Filesgamecorehuds"
Go to "[YourGameDir]FileslanguagebankEnglishgamebankmygame" and Open the "setuplevel.fpi"
Find the line:

And overwrite by this:

I hope it works now

Quote: "Ziz, great job. the flashlight looks great."

Thanks

Sorry for my bad inglish!
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2006 18:42
Oh, I really do hate that...

If you type \ and then edit, it is parsed out because ' are changed to '\ to prevent 'OR 1==1 removeUser(Rich@thegamecreators.com); or something like that. I don't SQL hack.

Quote: "One thing though, can you possibly make the key F for the flashlight?"

isn't the input k$? rem Keyboard

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
im getting realy close to make it work. dose this have to run in a exe. game or you can use it fpsc level preview thingy?

hows the off/on flashlight common?

Join The Lucid Nightmare Forums Today!
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2006 01:01
You have to use the exe provided. Testgame might work ONLY if you replace the fpsc-game.exe in the fpsc directory.

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
oh ok ill check it out

that right! i remember know i know what to do

Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2006 15:12
So Lizblizz.
Did you get the flashlight to work?

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
kinda but not fully i will dont wory

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
i did everything ziz do i need to download that modified fpac game exe?

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 21:12
Zizaco i followed your instructions and now it ruined my entire fpsc

when i have a gun out... the flashlight turns to a circle with black all around it...when i shoot and it hits a wall its a dot with a darker square around it... fix my fpsc now! and yes im serious

http://www.shockforums.tk
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
it makes mine a white square on the side why?!!!!

can you take pics of the files were you put them at and please give me the defualt configurations so its normal without the flashlight!!!!!!!

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 22:58
All you are doing is hacking fpsc to do what it shouldnt do. No wonder most of your fpsc's are messed up.

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 23:15 Edited at: 7th Jul 2006 23:26
this is hacking? how?

[b]Can some smart person make an actual flashlight the [Mod Edit] that made FPSC forgot one [Mod Edit]!!!!!!!!!

Zizaco!!!! you better help me fix this or so help me you will be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im so mad!!!!!

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 23:35 Edited at: 7th Jul 2006 23:38
Lizblizz,

I understand your frustration but please dont insult the developers or anyone else because of it.

FPSC does not have a default flashlight and that has to be accepted - if you want one ask and you may see such a thing in an update.

Higgins is correct if users are going to mess about in any way with Their default installation of FPSC then they should take care of how and what you use to do it or FPSC is likely to respond badly.

I guess users do so at their own risk and the risk can be great indeed.

You should always make sure you have a backup of all of your work and original installation files and even then if FPSC gets corrupted it can sometimes be very difficult to get it back up and running correctly again.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
pk uman thanks will there ever be a flashlight? cause this one is fake just to mess up your Fpsc

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 01:14
My only suggestion for a fix is an uninstall and then reinstall

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah d13 did u get the message? on creatures!!! post the concepts

good thing i got back ups

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 01:41
uninstall and reinstall? wont i lose all my custom items and all my segments and all my progress for a game

zizaco i demand you post a normal fpsc-game.exe , the .ini you had us deal with and the .txt and what ever else you told us to change that would give a good flashlight... as you can tell you went straight to my bad side...now post the normal files NOW!

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
I did it i didnt lose them thank god!!!

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 02:59
This isn't "hacking". The FPSC code was released and therefore it is more of a modification.

I have the same problem with weapons. It's probally just that he hasn't tested it with it.

Also, is the new exe nessasary with the Flashlight image?

Get Decal Maker Now!
Click Here!
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 08:24
@ Bloodeath 6 6 6- you could just reinstall and it will ask you if you want to reinstall for a fix. Click yes and it wont cover up your levels or custom media. All it does is cover up the files that were originally in FPSC that changed. You wont loose anything. I backed my stuff up just incase but for no reason, cuz it was stull there when I did the reinstall.

Darth Valtar
Years of Service
User Offline
Bloodeath 6 6 6 Hold it!!! Just Hold it right there! You too LIZ. Make a backup of your game exe. And our mighty mod is correct, I used the modified exe and of course,The flashlight stinks. But the dude did try his best and the results "were" sweet for sometime. Me and a few of us did everything that was possible and impossible to fix this code. Zizaco good work and better luck next time. Don't give up, We have to stop and work on other things right now. Liz and B666 Shame on you both!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 15:06
Gee,that is so surprising.Somebody out of the blue offers a free flashlight...if you alter the source code.
If it's not an official TGC upgrade or someobdy I trust (one of four or five people around here) then you can forget about me screwing with my source code.Ain't gonna happen.You should always back up anything before you change it.
Besides,Zizaco did provide an uninstaller to remove the alteration to the source code if you no longer wish to use his app...didn't he?
Oops.
If you have too,uninstall FPSC but leave the files and reinstall FPSC.When you reinstall it just reinstalls the stock entities.Any custom stuff shoulsd be untouched.The only thing you would have to do is say you adjusted a gunspec file or something like that for a stock entity or weapon you would have to make that adjustment again.
Of course,if you backed up the original FPSC source code you just need to remove the new one and put the old one back where it belongs.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 16:55 Edited at: 8th Jul 2006 17:04
Will you ever get a flashlight by default. Well such a thing depends on other developments inside a game engine - if they are improved then it may be more easily possible for TGC to provide one.

I have no idea just like everyone else - perhaps some close scrutinity of the detail of the last issue of the Newsletter would be of some help?

Anyone who tries to help improve FPSC by editing the source and making the modifications available for the benefit of other users has to be commended.

Its really down to the individual to access whether or not using the modification is a risk they are prepared to take.

FPSC is - as everyone knows is composed of complex source code - the program itself behaves in many instances widely differently on various users machines as we can see from posts here over time.

I dont think one can expect any user developer to be able to guarantee that any modification will work correctly or not mess up your installation - thats just impossible - its an idividual risk assessment is needed - and sensible precaution taking by backing up everything before installation. Falure to do that is just asking for trouble.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 18:16
Quote: "Bloodeath 6 6 6 Hold it!!! Just Hold it right there! You too LIZ. Make a backup of your game exe. And our mighty mod is correct, I used the modified exe and of course,The flashlight stinks. But the dude did try his best and the results "were" sweet for sometime. Me and a few of us did everything that was possible and impossible to fix this code. Zizaco good work and better luck next time. Don't give up, We have to stop and work on other things right now. Liz and B666 Shame on you both!"
i really dont care what you say because i dont know you

Quote: "
Besides,Zizaco did provide an uninstaller to remove the alteration to the source code if you no longer wish to use his app...didn't he?"

i need to start reading the thread fully before i start posting

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 18:48 Edited at: 8th Jul 2006 18:51
Flashlights :

Really I dont know what users expect - but FPSC as you all know does not have any support for either particle beams - it not having a particle system, nor anything other than a very basic lighting system.

With this is mind I really dont see anyone being able to create support for a Flashlight proper using the source or by any other method - ever - it cant be done without support for some of those things.

If and when you get support for some of those pre-requisites which would allow a Flashlight, Particle Beam Weapons, Directional Spot Lights and so on then someone either TGC or a user could give you a True Flashlight but until then I would not go expecting a lot of anything suggesting that it does.

tomcool20
Years of Service
User Offline
thats coll who tried it and does it work?
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 20:42
Quote: "jons cool like me"

I really hate her...

Weeee
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 20:59 Edited at: 9th Jul 2006 22:03
uhh who yous talkin to like that?! it better not be me!

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 21:28
Keep it civil, folks. If you find it hard to reflect your feelings without the use of profane language; then I suggest you refrain from posting in public.

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry keith... how many people bought your model pack? just curious

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 22:17
I did.

Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 15:13 Edited at: 10th Jul 2006 16:36
OMG...
I know my inglish is bad but you all (who ruined the entire fpsc) havent paied atention
Quote: "Download the next atached file (flashlight.dds)
Put the flashlight.dds in the "[YourGameDir]Filesgamecorehuds"
Go to "[YourGameDir]FileslanguagebankEnglishgamebankmygame" and Open the "setuplevel.fpi"
Find the line:

And overwrite by this:

I hope it works now"

AS I TOLD: "Put the fpsc-game.exe in YOURGAMEDIR!!! NOT IN FPSC DIR!!! THAT CHANGES IN THE setuplevel.ini IS IN YOURGAMEDIR!!! NO IN FPSC DIR!

AS I TOLD:

So... after make your executable... do the instructions on it. But you all who ruined the fpsc, that is not my fault. You've tryed to do that changes in your fpsc not in your game.
The original FPSC-Game.exe compiles your game and mage the executable, mine FPSC-Game.exe dont! so if you overwrited... i think you should re-install.

That is not my fault.

Quote: "Besides,Zizaco did provide an uninstaller to remove the alteration to the source code if you no longer wish to use his app...didn't he?""

Uninstaller!? The only think you gonna do is change a little words in ini files and put the FPSC-Game.exe in YOURGAMEDIR!!!

Quote: "All you are doing is hacking fpsc to do what it shouldnt do. No wonder most of your fpsc's are messed up."

TGC give us all the FPSC Source so shut up!

Quote: "Gee,that is so surprising.Somebody out of the blue offers a free flashlight...if you alter the source code.
If it's not an official TGC upgrade or someobdy I trust (one of four or five people around here) then you can forget about me screwing with my source code.Ain't gonna happen.You should always back up anything before you change it."

Yea... you should...

Quote: "pk uman thanks will there ever be a flashlight? cause this one is fake just to mess up your Fpsc"

YEA!!! THIS WILL MESS UP YOUR FPSC YOU YOU ARE SO STUPID TO DONT BACKUP AND DONT FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!
I TOLD YOU ONE MILLION TIMES: "Put the fpsc-game.exe in YOURGAMEDIR!!! NOT IN FPSC DIR!!! THAT CHANGES IN THE setuplevel.ini IS IN YOURGAMEDIR!!! NO IN FPSC DIR!"

Quote: "I used the modified exe and of course,The flashlight stinks."

look:
Quote: "Thanks Zizaco for your efforts, despite a negative response from a minority of users in this forum please continue to work on this...particularly the Lens Flare idea as this would be ideal for me. Cheers!"

Quote: "It does work Can you tell me please what numbers do i have to change to make the light range smaller and stronger."

Quote: "I got this to work Zizaco. It is very useful, but how do you change the brightness of the light?"

Quote: "No boter ive got it working.Naw all we need is a comand boton for turning on and of the flashlight.O btw im starting to make a red light mask for terror games.Something like the gadgets from CONDEMNED"

Quote: "Thanks Zizaco this is great! My light was not bright because it was a yellowish color. I checked the setuplevel.fpi and found that ambience blue was not high enough. Now it works fine."

Quote: "Ziz, great job. the flashlight looks great."

THESE ARE PEOPPLE WHO FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS!IM BEING BASHED FOR YOUR MISTAKES!!! YOU DONT FOLLOW CORRECTLY!
IF YOU DONT LIKE IT! OK CONTINUE WIOUTH FLASHLIGHT

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 15:38
That's a good idea.I'll wait for an official-ish update/upgrade patch from TGC.
And I won't shut up!Just ask any other forum member if you don't believe me.
I think you can be rude at times.Maybe you ought to try being more polite.
Your instructions are not clear and are hard to understand.That is your fault.
You won't get where you want to go by being rude.Be polite.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 16:26 Edited at: 10th Jul 2006 16:26
Quote: "Your instructions are not clear and are hard to understand.That is your fault."

Yay im not the only one who thinks that

Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 16:42 Edited at: 10th Jul 2006 16:42
Quote: "Your instructions are not clear and are hard to understand.That is your fault."

The instruction was:
Quote: "How does i get this to work in my game!!!!?
In the next post i will attach the modified FPSC-Game.exe. Just put it in yourgamedir overwrite the original file and run.
PS:I know that no one likes to download .exe files, so if dont are secure to download this file please let any MOD download it first and say if the file is secure
Its just a recompilled FPSC-Game.exe
So after you get this new .exe go to the "[YourGameDir]FileslanguagebankEnglishgamebankmygame" and opens the "setuplevel.fpi" in Notepad.
So change the lines of the Fog and Ambience. They should be the 7º and 8º lines, to:

Save it and Close it.
Go to the "[YourGameDir]FileslanguagebankEnglishtextfiles" and open the "fpsc-050.ini" change it to:

Save it and close."

Ok, FredP sorry about that shutup...

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 16:49
yea i followed those down to the line and it messed up my entire fpsc and i had to reinstall

Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 16:55 Edited at: 10th Jul 2006 17:01
Quote: "yea i followed those down to the line and it messed up my entire fpsc and i had to reinstall"

LoL
Hehehehehe... you put my FPSC-Game.exe in yourgamedir(C:\Program Files\FPS Creator\MyGames\Bloodeath\FPSC-Game.exe)
and your FPS Creator(C:\Program Files\FPS Creator\FPSC-Game.exe)has been messed up?
LoL... you can just be kidding...

As i told: pay more attention.
Its IMPOSSIBLE you copy my file to YOURGAME(NOT FPSC) dir and the FPSC stop working...
I will explain what you have done. You copyed my file to your FPSC dir...
To use the flashlight, first MAKE YOUR GAME EXECUTABLE and then do all the instructions on it... not in your FPSC...

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 19:06
oh well why the heck didnt you say that

Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 19:27 Edited at: 10th Jul 2006 19:31
I didnt say??!!

Quote: "How does i get this to work in my game!!!!?
In the next post i will attach the modified FPSC-Game.exe.
Just put it in YOURGAMEDIR overwrite the original file and run.
PS:I know that no one likes to download .exe files, so if dont are secure to download this file please let any MOD download it first and say if the file is secure
Its just a recompilled FPSC-Game.exe
So after you get this new .exe go to the "[YourGameDir]Files\languagebank\English\gamebank\mygame" and opens the "setuplevel.fpi" in Notepad.
So change the lines of the Fog and Ambience. They should be the 7º and 8º lines, to:

Save it and Close it.
Go to the "[YourGameDir]Files\languagebank\English\textfiles" and open the "fpsc-050.ini" change it to:

Save it and close..."

Is it clear now? I hope no one do any mistakes now

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 19:34
Quote: "YOURGAMEDIR"

yes that sounds like...fpsc=game

so its your fpsc directory

Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 19:40 Edited at: 10th Jul 2006 20:59
omg
but... tell me... you get it to works now? or you are now with a bad impression so you will not try to use my flashlight in yourgame? lol

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
what the heck is? yourgame dir sounds retarted

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 02:54
what he means is when you build a game you need to install his stuff in to the built game directory. I can see how people got a bit confused.

So everyone remember do not put this in your root FPSC directory put this in a built game directory

I am testing it now

RF

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 03:04
i may use in a game...but not anytime soon
only cause im too lazy

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 07:47
I'm bumping this because I like encouraging modifications of the engine. Keep working and the world is the limit.

DFP
Years of Service
User Offline
Why is there a flashlight entity in the fpsc, but no actual flashlight? Can someone at the fpsc central create an actual flashlight similar to the Halo flashlight system? I don't quite get the point of having a flashlight that's pretty much useless.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2006 22:39
You can still pick up the flashlight so you can use it for a key or as an objective or as an entity to pretty the place up.

Game Creator21
Years of Service
User Offline
sweet
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 01:04
um, help, the flashlight doesn't work, the only change i see is that when i press "." the ambient light of the whole level gets brighter and when i press "," it gets darker, what gives, how do you get it working, i folowed your instructions exactly.

2.4 Ghz P4 (non HT) Processor, 768 MB of (266 Mhz) RAM
EVGA GeForce 5700FX LE, (256 MB, 250 Mhz Core, 400 Mhz Memory)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 13:01:25
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 13:01:25