Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / [LOCKED] Corporate World (Full Demo)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 23:10
Build and manage your own corporation or company as you build your business up to become a Corporate Tycoon!

No Screenshots, Sorry!

><Jordan Stories Games><

Attachments

Login to view attachments
izaboo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 02:43 Edited at: 9th Jul 2006 02:44
i downloaded and played and it was not even worth downloading....
you get like two things and then "you only have demo" dur pa dur stop wasteing peoples time!
if you want poeple to buy or play more make the demo longer or give some screens of the real game!
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 05:06
Give him a break, he just joined.

But seriously, dude, you can't expect to possibly sell this for $30 right? I mean it's a few "Print" and "Input", and sometimes "Paste Image" commands... but it's good that you're enthusiastic about coding anyway, keep it up.

Next time, when you have a little more experience, you could make a 2d/3d version, and you can gain and lose money. Entirely possible.

Good luck coding.

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 12:17
Its not really a game as such and after playing this I wouldn't buy it. Sorry, but this really is just a few print and input commands like Zotoaster said. It shouldn't be in this board. Work on it a bit more then post it in Work In Progress.

visit http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic for FPSC models, media and games.
Virtual X
Years of Service
User Offline
good concept, but as everyone said, not worth $30. Keep working on it, turn it into a 3D game where you can manage an office / hotel or whatever.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried to get the full version for £30 but couldn't find it.

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 16:42
LOL. Full version unavalible. Working on 3D Demo right now.

[img]C:\Documents and Settings\Jordan Earl Gibson\Desktop\bowlallytycoonsig.bmp[/img]
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 16:43 Edited at: 9th Jul 2006 16:45

Lol. This program is hilarious! (Not in a good way for you, though. Sorry ) Somehow, I have a feeling that this is the full version...

And, why the heck did you say its by Binary Moon? You're not Binary Moon!!!!
This guy's binary moon:
http://www.binarymoon.co.uk/
http://www.binarysun.co.uk/

Make your own company...

Attachments

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 16:45
Here is what it will cost,
US $30.00
UK 28.00
EU 24.00

[img]C:\Documents and Settings\Jordan Earl Gibson\Desktop\bowlallytycoonsig.bmp[/img]
Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 17:05
I was thanking Binary Moon for their tutorials! And yes I am creating a 3D version, here it is so far.

Attachments

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 17:06
Are you reading whats been posted above mate ?

M.I.A is pending
Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 18:20
Seriously Wtf A real tycoon game is like a point and click place people in wait for visitors to arrive e.t.c e.t.c

Platformer Compo!
WHITEKNUCKLE IS BACK! Check the wip boards for more info
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 18:28 Edited at: 9th Jul 2006 18:42
@JSG

It's good to be optimistic, but I suggest you look around this board first, look at the games that are here, and try to imagine you made them - at your experience level, you couldn't, not being nasty, but noone could at your experience level. Now, look at these games again and ask yourself if you would buy them for $30.. would you?

If not, then atleast understand that a game such as this will not be sold for half as much, or a 100th as much.

As I said, have fun coding.

[edit]

Dude.. I just tried the 3D version, there's no difference, apart from you can choose who you hire, and then it has a random cube showing up..... I mean.. lol.

[edit]

Here are some tutorials to get you started:

Monster Hunt (Comes with DBC)
http://developer.thegamecreators.com/?f=t01/3d_tutorial_index

Binary Moon (Remake the awesome game limit rush (I recommend this one))
http://developer.thegamecreators.com/?f=t02/bm_tutorial_index

And here is the codebase sorted for DB Classic, look through those carefully and you will learn alot.
http://developer.thegamecreators.com/?m=codebase_list&c=&l=1&p=&a=

There. I hope next time I see a demo it will have some potential.

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 18:44
I made the model to where there is a smokestack, I need to position it, Like I said it isn't finished.

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 18:44
Downloaded the second demo and it is exactly the same as the first one. The only 3d part of it is the grey box that appears briefly at the end of the demo. This is not a game.

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 19:10 Edited at: 14th Jul 2006 03:08
Hey I'm only a beginner, so gimme a break!
Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 19:24
*wait's for mod to edit ages out of post*

your NOT allowed to post your age on these forums as it's for your own saffety

Platformer Compo!
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
If you want to get predatored, use myspace

I suggest changing your sig, because it has your full name in it, and you will have to be a hacker to be able to access it. . Upload it at http://www.imageshack.us, so we will be able to view it.

Virtual X
Years of Service
User Offline
use Pen and Paper first to plan it all out, split each task into small segments and work from there. get to know the language before trying to code a 'commercial' title.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 20:30 Edited at: 9th Jul 2006 20:31
The next one has a cube!!! I think he should up the price a bit, because with a cube I would pay probably £50. Is it a true cube? Each side the same size?........

Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 21:26
@JSG

How many other ** year olds do you know that have sold games for $30?

NeX the Fairly Fast Ferret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 22:00
I started programming when I was 7, and I could make better games then...

<OMG></OMG>
NeX, you cant be serious - CattleRustler.
Virtual X
Years of Service
User Offline
take no notice of these sarcastic peasants lol joke ppl chill

if you have a dream then fullfill that dream, work at it, but I strongly suggest that you don't start 'selling' this product as ppl will not buy it, start small, work on a space invader game that educates, for example, a space invader game that requires the player to add/subtract/multiply/divide while playing the game would be a lot of fun.

even work on a PONG clone to learn the language!
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 14:56
Quote: "Hey I'm only **, so gimme a break!"

Well, I'm sorry to say this, but it sure explains alot.

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.
Jrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 22:22
Quote: "Well, I'm sorry to say this, but it sure explains alot."

I'm afraid it does.

erm

The end is near
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 06:08
$30.00 for that.
Wait, idea! I'll go to the store and buy a $30.00 Greatest Hits collector game like Halo 2 or FarCry!
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 21:45
I need a lie down.

Jordan,

You need to earn your skills before you can hope to make money from a game, really there's no point in charging for that - not trying to be negative but you need to be realistic about what people will pay for.

Take the games in the showcase and proggie announcements for example - lots and lots of great games for free, made by people who make games without $ signs on their eyes. It's really a better idea to develop your ideas once you can make them look and function more professionally, it's shine that sells games in the end, and it's a lot of skills to learn - depends on if your willing to put in the time and effort. There's lots of resources here to sharpen your skills with, so the best bet is always to just get stuck in and not take things so seriously. It'll be years before you have to worry about money, so why invite the troubles early!.

Aegrescit medendo
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 19:23 Edited at: 12th Jul 2006 19:23
I've made a game too. It's called "Code Snippet Blasta!". Basically, you rack up a high score by clicking the button below.

I'm working on the 3D version.

[center]
But you see, I have the will of the warrior. Therefore, the battle is already over. The winner? Me!
Essence
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 19:39
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 20:58
Stare at adr's avatar and you'll get the picture sooner or later. -_-

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
wow for $30 could you at least learn to chnage the font...

Thanks
Adam
Joe Cooning
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 04:56
Jordon, come sit by the fire and I will tell you a little story about another person from these forums:
His name was Drew Cameron. With a lot of hard work and effort, he developed a very good game (Dumbow and Cool). It was a unique idea with good graphics, effects, gameplay, etc. He decided to sell it for about $10 (a very cheap price for a computer game these days). People bought it for a while, but saddly, it stopped selling. Drew then graciously decided to start giving it away for free.
It's a sad story, but perhaps you might learn something from it.

D Bellis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 05:44
if you were to make a 3D version why not try having a matrix with Objects on textured as say towerblocks have one of these buildings at the front that is the company HQ a nice sky box around it then use images as i background for the text almost like a pager and have the text scroll along the image when ever there is a new message shouldnt be hard at all to do and with the code you would have learnt from doing this alone would help give you an understanding in what you have to do just build it up from there write down what you want it to do how its to be done then put it it to the game one part at a time.

i know my grammer sux but im dyslexic cant spell but i can code

Amd Athlon 64 3000+ Newcastle , Asus K8N4-E Deluxe MotherBoard NForce ChipSet , 768MB DDR Ram , XFX Geforce 6600 Extreame Edition 512MB DDR2 Ram , WinXP Pro SP2
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 19:00
Quote: "People bought it for a while, but saddly, it stopped selling. Drew then graciously decided to start giving it away for free."

Really? Isn't that unfair to the people that bought it? Unless he gave them back their money...

Jordan:
And what's the difference between a demo and a full demo?

Joe Cooning
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 19:10
@Sven B: You'll have to talk to Drew about that one.

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 20:37
LOL Full Demo and Lite Demo my Idea! Lite Demo has less than full demo, U guyz gotta problem?

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 20:40
You guys I'm not taking any more of this! I don't care if I get banned
you guys are the meanest people i've ever met! Now I'm setting here typing a game code, TRYING to impress YOU GUYS, now SHUT UP!!! I've already TOLD YOU in my WIP post it is JUST a joke, and think you get the meaning of a joke do you? Well instead of taking a PROGRAMMING CLASS why don't you take a CLOWN CLASS instead! Huh? You guys are complete NOOBS!

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 20:51
Quote: "You guys are complete NOOBS!"

Erm, I think you should consider your actions before you start calling other members noobs.

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 21:02
Well, being mean isn't the exact thing to do. Why don't you ask ask yourself when replying, WWJS? What Would Jesus Say? Instead of
acting like having me as a member is the worst thing in the world,
besides I think you guys pretty much deserve it!

Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 21:06
Quote: "Jordan Stories Games

User

You guys I'm not taking any more of this! I don't care if I get banned
you guys are the meanest people i've ever met! Now I'm setting here typing a game code, TRYING to impress YOU GUYS, now SHUT UP!!! I've already TOLD YOU in my WIP post it is JUST a joke, and think you get the meaning of a joke do you? Well instead of taking a PROGRAMMING CLASS why don't you take a CLOWN CLASS instead! Huh? You guys are complete NOOBS!"

Actually i think your wrong but still... if you don't like us why don't you leave then?

Platformer Compo!
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 21:15
Dude, calm down, first of all, whilst we are taking the Mickey slightly because of your cheesy thread, alot of us are trying to help you, giving you tutorials, etc. and yet you still ask (stupid) questions that you could have an answer two in a microsecond had you accepted our help. Now, I don't think the way we treat you is so much a big deal considering all the help we gave you, is it?

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 21:26
I'm not talking about the people that help me, the ones that make FUN of me.

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 21:30
Quote: "if you don't like us why don't you leave then?"

Because I do need help, I am a beginner u guys just aren't nice and I don't like people like that.

Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 21:52 Edited at: 17th Jul 2006 21:53
Well for a start you ask for too much help. Nothing wrong with asking, but you can;t demand it because you're being lazy, so frankly, making fun of you is the nicest thing some people would do in this situation. Take our help, and our advice (i.e. stop making stupid threads like this and then say you'll sell them for lots, as everyone already said, nothing wrong with being ambitious, but you're going too far, and not stopping, no wonder people are getting aggrivated). Now, if I were you, I would look up this thread and try out some of the tutorials that I posted for you, (which you didn't look at in the first place), and try to be a little more inconspicuous around the forums till you have something worth while to show.

Good day.

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 22:00
Jordan, there are rules in the AUP which you should have read before joining the forum as should we all (I can hand on heart say I have) You need to do more work before posting here or expect to be slated.

Posting here isn't about impressing people it's about getting criticism, that's why you don't see as many of the awesome artists posting in the 3D board...because we programming types are too easily please and often aren't skilled enough to spot the mistakes. I come on this board to be shown what's wrong and told how best to do things, not to blow my own trumpet.

You can be a valued member of this forum, but you ARE a newbie and undoubtedly you will make mistakes, but you've got to learn to take the flak you WILL receive. And it's also against the AUP to bring religion into these topics.

Please take heed or your next stop will be a ban

M.I.A is pending
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2006 00:33
Maybe it is better for all of us to lock this thread,
I have a feeling there's coming a big storm towards us...

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2006 00:52
Hi guys

perhaps best if I preventatively lock this. Jordan, once you've got a more complete game please don't hesitate to show it off on this board of the WIP board

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 00:11:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 00:11:11