Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Can I export skin/bone animations from MAX to DBPro?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a key feature for me to decide on shelling some bucks for DBPro or not.

I'll not even bother going any further with DBPro if I can't get bones/skin or biped/physique animations working on it (no, using 1995-style robot-esque 3D characters is UNNACEPTABLE).

I've tried using the Panda DirectX exporter in MAX5, and all I get results that range from a mold of weird looking polygons, to the proper model (with proper UV mapping) but no animation.

Does anyone have the guidelines for properly exporting animations so DBPro can play them?
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2003 14:02
When you buy DBpro.. it now comes with a program called CharacterFX... Excellent bone setup and animations program ( exports out as DirectX8.1 ) and straight into DBpro, no worries

Not sure if it comes FREE if you buy DBpro from here though ?? But it does at RGT's

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 02:50:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 02:50:20