Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Is dbScaleObjectTexture broken?

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 21:37
I have a plane and an image

the plane is 100x150
the image is 200x150

I am trying to wrap the image tx around the plane using dbScaleObjectTexture:

(dgdk.net testing)
oDB3D.ScaleObjectTexture(tmpCard.ObjectNum, 0.5, 1)

with 0.5 I get the left half of the image on both sides, with 1.0 I get the full image on both sides, I am trying to get the left half of the image on one side of the plane, the right half of the image on the other side of the plane, what am I doing wrong?

I also tried with a flat box, and even a box 100x150x100, same results

Science, Mathematics, and Physics do not lie - only people do.
Zeal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 00:20 Edited at: 16th Jul 2006 00:22
Ill see if I can test this later, but a couple weeks ago I had a nasty encounter with the scroll object texture command. Bottom line, scroll object texture DOES NOT WORK with any texture thats not a power of two (at least it didnt work on my quad, perhaps because the uv coords were scaled), I imagine scale texture has a similar limition.

Have you tried a power of two texture?

All you need is zeal
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 16:29
we tested this out in dbpro forums since we saw the same behavior in DBP, and not just sdk. Turns out the command acts per-face, not per-object. I had no choice but to make the base object as a 3d model, uv map it correctly, then just apply the texture from code. So for my particular issue the problem is sorted, but feel free to experiment and let us know if you find anything interesting. I have yet to hear any info about older versions of dbp, I could swear it used to work differently back then (5.8-ish), it would treat the object as a whole, not on a per-face basis. In fact the current dgsdk docs support the "old" behavior - LOL

Science, Mathematics, and Physics do not lie - only people do.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 20:07:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 20:07:53