Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Saving a convoluted Type variable to a file...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2003 23:48
I'm developing various file formats for things like Matrices, 3d objects, particles, sounds and lights and environments etc and within the programs I've got some fairly large and convoluted type variables...

Stupid eg. TYPE Tp_3dOject
Name AS STRING
XPos AS FLOAT
etc etc
ENDTYPE

Do I really have the break all the data from these Type variables down into a Memblock to be able to write to a file? Or could I write them in as an array eg. ABC(0) AS Tp_3dObject? :-s

Or to put it another way, what's the best way of saving out your own file formats??? Anyone? :-s
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2003 23:50
Sorry, being half awake I have posted this in the wrong forum...!

I will wake up soon.

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 02:26
hehe Like in 'Dune',you will awake

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 02:47
yeah wrong forum... and the short answer is no you can't use type casting for writing values

you have to write a function that reads each value and writes it into the file, oftenly svaing is a specific setup anyways - so this shouldn't matter, especially as speed isn't really of the essience when you do save

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 22:31:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 22:31:28