Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Praise the DB Staff

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 05:02 Edited at: 5th Apr 2003 05:02
Well guys, I think that we should all use this here thread to just thank the DB staff for all they have given us I dont think we thank them enough for all of their hard work in producing such a fine product!

I would like to thank firstly Rich for these forums. You did an awesome job man I think these forums help make us all much better coders Keep up the great work!

Lee: What can I say, without Lee I dont think DB would be around! Thank you so much! Dark Basic is the only language I have ever programmed in, and I love it! I would just like to thank you for such a great tool

Forum Moderators (Rich, Indi, Puffmasta ) You guys help keep this place organised! If it werent for you, this forum would go to heck! Thanks for doing so much for the DB community!

@The rest of the staff: Again, thanks so much for developing this program. It has really changed my life! If it werent for DB, I dont think I would have ever programmed! Thanks for making such a great tool available for all of us! I hope that DB continues to grow into an even more amazing product.

I'm sure you all have something to say

So again, thank you so much, I wish there was some way that I could give back all youve given to me!

Thank you!
John aka RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
Easily Confused
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 05:09 Edited at: 5th Apr 2003 05:17
If that is not a blatant attempt to get free subscription to DBDN then I don't know what else could be? (tisk tisk) for shame, hehe

Mind you I would never argue with a well known food product that carries a machine gun, so I totaly agree with you

Programming anything is an art, and you can't rush art.
Unless your name is Bob Ross, then you can do it in thirty minutes.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 05:09
Wow, I was expecting a complete piss take when I first saw the title of this thread! (let's face it, the majority of you prefer to knock us rather than anything else, wether it's valid or not!). But glad I was wrong! Thanks RPGamer (I can put away my "ban the sarcastic bastard" function now )

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 06:26
Nope, not trying for anything (as I had DBDN for a while) I had just thought about making this thread for a while, and now that I was on the boards I decided I might as well I think its always good to be thankful!

Cheers!

RPGamer

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 15:52
Cmon I know there is more than 2 people out there who want to thank these guys! I mean, come on!

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 15:59
Yeah, I would still be stuck programming in QBasic if DarkBASIC hadn't appeared (well it had appeared before I started programming). Its really a lot more fun now that I can make proper games and programs with no boundries, see other people's work, share my work with everyone and generally take part in a community. Thanks Guys!!!

DBDN please

Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 16:35
lol... hey thats not a bad turn out 2/~2000 users :: feels the presence of a sarcasm detector ::

i think DB & DBpro are great (^_^) and the teams doing a good job - but then again i think the same thing about Microsoft & nVidia and alot of people don't seem to share those sentimates

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 16:52
Yeah people complain about how crummy Microsoft software is but they all choose it over other stuff.

Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 17:13
Well db got me programming again after 10 years so I'm all for thanking the creators, as I have on several occasions, I just wish I'd known about it sooner.
Bugs are really few considering the functionality, just make you think more creatively, and considering what you can do with this stuff, the software's fanbloodytastic!
I think the complaints mostly come from people used to functions from other languages, or non programmers just starting out who don't like to blame themselves for simple erors which ain't bugs at all..
ALWAYS blame yourself if something goes wrong, and you'll get around it.
blame the software and you give up your control of the situation

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 17:13
yup well done

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to thank my left pinky finger for not typing a single letter in this sentence. Ok, Now I'll thank my agent and my accountant. I want tyo give mad shots out ot my dawg, Pom Pom. Let the freedom ring, God bless Sandwich meat and ROCK ON METALLICA!!!!

.....oh yeah thanx DB guys.

Never stop in the perseverance of knowledge.
The Key to life's secrets is on that road.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2003 00:03
anyone else thing that Solid is just a little bored lol

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2003 00:09
lol

Yup Thanks DBS, top product, keep it up

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 08:29:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 08:29:21