Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Lost my enthusiasm... =(

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 09:52 Edited at: 17th Jul 2006 11:14
EDIT: I decided to throw away all my comments here because I guess I was sounding kind of uhhh negative heh heh. I definitely had a bad 'first impression' with the sdk, but I don't want to be a wet blanket here. I'm looking forward to the update you are all talking about with support for VC Express 2005...

But can someone still show me exactly what they installed for the DXsdk to make it work in DEBUG mode with VC6.0? I'm using the october 2005 version because in the faq it mentions that as being the last usable version with vs6.0. But still when I compile in debug mode I get:
"dinput8.lib(dilib4.obj): fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module"
I found one other thread where someone had this error and they were told to simply compile in release mode which is kinda a cop-out.

Thanks for any help.

World Famous 3D Screensavers
-- http://www.vrman3d.com --
Zeal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 10:07 Edited at: 16th Jul 2006 10:08
Quote: "but first impressions are the most important"

I agree with you 100%, and sadly for most people their first impression with dark sdk isnt a good one. However, I have spoken with some of the developers, and I have faith that "the big luv patch" is coming soon, and it will address all of our concerns.

Personally I have been developing with dark sdk for several months now, and while there are a LOT of things that just plain dont work, enough of the core stuff is there to allow me to continue working. Im sure most of the problems youre having now are just related to your compiler. I dont have any experience with vs6, but im sure somebody here can help you. My advice, DONT TRY AND RUN THE SAMPLES (i could never get em to work ehehe).

Anyway, try and hold out a bit longer, im sure once you get your compiler sorted out youll have enough to keep you busy till the patch.

Cue somebody whos gotten dark sdk working in vs6...

All you need is zeal

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 19:51:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 19:51:10