Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / .DBO Mirroring

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 14:17 Edited at: 5th Apr 2003 14:19
Is it just me or ever since patch 4 are all my objects mirrored? I'm wondering if i've got a setting somewhere wrong, but don't even know which program to start in, max, 3dexploration, or DBPro...

Note the loose hair is on the wrong side.

I'm beginning to get annoyed with it, not so much on this model because it's just practice, but on tanks in particular my hull machine guns appear on the wrong side... like um, that just aint cricket... whats wrong?

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 15:14
Did you export to 3ds cause that sometimes causes smoothing to go crappy. Get the latest version of the Panda X exporter and export directly to .X which should solve your problems.

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 17:02
That's easy...In 3dsmax select the object and go in the utilities tab and select the RESET X-FORMS tool,activate it...This may flip the whole mesh...Just reconvert to an editable mesh and flip it back

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 17:13
I export strait to .3ds using the inbuilt .3ds export and then converted with 3D Exploration. This smoothing appears to be lost at the max stage.

That said I hadn't realised (because i'm such a noob with modelling, 'specially texturing) that I could save it with smoothing - I just thought that's the way it was... I'd seen that many people are using .x export but I hadn't worried about finding a plug-in because I was expecting a .dbo export to come along soon.

Can you guide me in the right direction to get the panda .x export please?

As for the flipping, yeah it's easy enough to correct but I was wondering why it was happening and if it was just me, all my old models seem affected too. Are other people having the same thing since patch 4? Perhaps it is just an option I have left selected on somewhere.

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 18:47 Edited at: 5th Apr 2003 18:50
http://www.pandasoft.demon.co.uk/directxmax4.htm

Note: if you want the model to be displayed in 3d exploration then you have to export to text format but binary and binary compression work fine in DBpro.

Also don't select the optimize option cause this sometimes messes up the mesh if you apply animation.

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 19:32
Well I dont know much about your problem PneumaticDryll, because I use diferent modelin software, but you have my compliment for modeling ...head looks preaty good...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 03:57:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 03:57:44