Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Help Viewer for DB Classic UPdate

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2006 06:02
original post was locked
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=65386&b=5
So, sorry for the sorta double post.
I added a major new tool to my helper app.
Its very dangerous to use, but I did give an auto-backup
feature. So, it makes copies of all files before trashing them.
and it will not overwrite the backups.

OK. The basics....
Just a simple HTML viewer (webbrowser) that can display Dark Basic
Classic htm files and correctly show the examples in whichever
editor you prefer.

Advanced (slightly dangerous) option 1:
You can enable the viewer to automaticaly add links to new commands ... Actually no, it just places links to the first letter for the command group. I use this alot to locate commands by searching for "load" to get a list of all commands starting with "L".

Very Advanced option 2 (extreamly dangerous):
You direct my app to scan an include file and "play" with it.
This will copy your include file, then make many htm files (one for each function) and then add links in the DB help so you can browse your functions using the help browser. Also, this will modify the keywords listing to add in highlighting to help with checking your function calls.Another side effect of using this,
this will force you to document your code. Otherwise, the htm page
for your function will be blank.

Please head the warnings on these features. You should have some knowledge of html code in case something goes wrong. And it will.
Thats the problem with tools that manage many files and sometimes need to "guess" on some things. They will "guess" wrong most of the time .... or so it seems. Read my docs for more information.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 19:37:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 19:37:38