Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Some helpful functions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 14:13 Edited at: 20th Jul 2006 14:16
I compiled all my new 'safer' media commands into a single header, I hope somebody will find them useful! You can now say...

And dbExLoadObject will auto fetch a free id for your object, AND warn you (via a popup window) if the object has trouble loading. There is a similar function for loading images, and a 'GetFreeId' function for most all the media types.

I also included my performance timer functions, since dbTimer() is the devil!

Enjoy!

All you need is zeal
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 14:24
Just one thing, why limit your checking range to a 10,000 ? Surely it would be better to allow it to be free format, ala :

Come to the last Unofficial DBPro Convention (http://convention.logicstudios.net/)
Dont do anything I wouldn't do. But if you do, take pictures.
Zeal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 14:54
Yeah that can be increased to whatever you want. I like to keep it at something reasonable, because if youre loading more than 10,000 objects or images, chances are it might be an error, so its nice to get the warning.

All you need is zeal

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 23:44:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 23:44:09