Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3D Gun : NEED HELP BADLY (RPGamer! Help Me! Pweeeety Pleaseeee))

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2003 23:15
Hey guyz & also all the pro's in 3D models, esp. RPGamer!

This is my problem when i tried to put an AK-47 model gun into the DBP FPS tutorial:

I got a 3D gun done in Max & its texture in one file. I manage to put them together and it turns out great (an AK-47). But only works in the game if the gun is in upright position and looks terribly wrong (the gun is pointing to the sky instead of pointing to the enemy)

When i tried to turn the gun to face the front position (which is wat FPS gun suppose to look like), the textures doesn't link with the gun anymore! I tried to fix this for several days, and i'm really terribly sad because i can't believe i can't get the gun into the game ...

I dun have a homepage yet, so if anybody can help me , just to put the textures on the gun, i can send it by email. The textures & gun model is all ready, its just the bloody 'linking' that gives me nightmares

Solidz
Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

http://www.planetps2.com/metalgear/images/Series/msx/MetalGear2SolidSnake/mglogo.gif[/img]
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 00:02
OK, so, you have tried doing Xrotate Object whatever,90? So, if that didnt work, there must be a problem with the objects UV coordinates. If you modelled it in Max, there may be a problem with the center of the mass. Check your viewports, and make them all face the right way (so the gun already defaultly faces forward) For instance, if your side viewport shows the front of your gun, that may be the problem.

I would also try Disabling the objects Z depth then locking the object on.

I hope this helps,

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Tech Demo - Colan Island: Currently 716 Lines
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 00:47
damn ... that was fast, i just went to cook dinner & i got a reply!

Yup , i know about the viewports of Max (about the front and left/right sides thingy) and i've also check the center of mass, the whole camera angles, and also tried disabling Z depths & lock on. I've been doing that all day today (imagine i skip my whole Sunny Spring Sunday because of one irritating gun, which isn't even real!)

I also think it maybe the UV coordinates problem & tried it again today (to no avail, unfortunately). By the way RPGamer, i know it is unethical of myself to send u my model to ur email .. but err .. i just did before i posted the above message!

Sorry bro .. i just can't stand it to get stuck on it, even i was thinking of skipping my work tomorrow! j/k Boss!

U know the feeling rite when u started as a newbie many years ago .. the edge brink of feeling where u could almost create something awesome in life, just to find some simple troubles in the way to glory, until it almost drive me nuts! :-s

Hope u or anyone can help me out here! Thankz for the quick reply RPG!

Solidz

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 00:55
Oi I hate that feeling! Ill see what I can do when I have the time

RPGamer

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 01:49
Thankz a bunch man! I definitely gonna put u in me credits once i get my first FPS game finish!

*Hey peeps! I'm going nutz with DBP here (i'm still a newbie, since its been a while that i code sumthing!) I challenge ya'all to the Retro Compo next year! LOL!

Solidz

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 02:08
load object "ak-47.x",1
load image "ak47.bmp",1
wait key

Loads the object and points it foward fine in classic. Im going to try it in pro now..

RPGamer

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 02:14
Strange, it works fine for me in pro. Points the gun nice and straight... What are the chances of me seeing the rest of your code?

RPGamer

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 04:16
Yup, i've sent it just now, with some medias (except no sound, 'cause its too big)

I have a feeling that u r gonna laugh at my gun's crosshair & my enemies models!

I was thinking of putting the same Star Wars soundtrack as bg music to go with those aliens!

Solidz

p.s. - i think the email might come late around 1/2 hr, 'cause i sent it using my office email a/c; the Yahoo & MSN had their email attachment breakdown somehow just now.

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 07:46
by the way, how can i edit the bsp of the sky & the ground of the tutorial?

i got some bmps of my own choice, just wondering which software to use, and most importantly, HOW DO I USE IT TO EDIT THE BSP? not entirely step by step, just how to replace the bmps into my bmps

(i'm new, forgive my Caps Lock!)

Solidz

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 00:29
Hey, when I DL your ak file, norton picks up a malicious script, and then db pro doesnt work right. I had to delete it because it was messing up my computer.....

Id try and fix this..

RPGamer

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 03:28
Thankz man!

Is it the AK-47.x file or the DBP code file?

If its the code file, its actually the same file from the First DBP tutorial code inside ur HDD, like for me, i put it inside my C:\ like below:

I think u should have the same file when u install DBP. I just took out the default Gun.x for the FPS tutorial code & replace with my AK.

I'll send the codes/AK files again if u want

Solidz

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 18:39:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 18:39:06