Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] DB vs. VB vs. C++

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 02:18
I have used all 3, but have really only gotten serious with DarkBasic. Is there any major advantages to Visual Basic or C++ that I don't know about, not just for 3d programming, but game programming in general. Is there another programming language which is also good for game programming? I have only been programming for a little over a year, and still don't know a whole lot about the whole programming world. What do you guys think about these 3 languages (or any other language)?
don't re-elect bush
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 03:13
I'ld like to suggest you try the free version of Euphoria, it's the full version you just can't compile .exes. It alot more flexible then c++ or db and there are some good libraries, a pretty compete win api library for apps. also theres a win32, dos32 and linus version.
http://www.rapideuphoria.com/

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 03:57
We do not allow DB vs. X threads on this forum. If you want to learn about X, go find out about it somewhere else and make your own judgement.

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 22:14:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 22:14:18