Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [LOCKED] Noob question regarding Dark AI - Can it do this?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Before I buy Dark AI can someone let me know if it is actually going to serve/help my needs?

In a step time/turn based game. When I come to move one of the computer controlled enemies:-

a) Can you tell if an enemy unit can see a player's character/unit (could be 3-4 of them in total). Of course yhe units may only be 5ft apart but if there's a wall in the way they can't see each other etc!

b) Building on (a), can you infact see if any particular unit can see another particular unit, player or computer controlled?

c) Given I've decided an enemy unit can see a players unit, can I then work out the path to that position? And how long that path is? (If it's too long I wouldn't bother following it).

d) Can you work out a path taking other units into consideration or not? ie: Can you have a function work out a route avoiding all other units, and ignoring all other units?

e) Infact, building on (d) can you just work out a path from pos A to pos B?

f) In simple terms, when you've worked out a path, how is that usable? When I've written path finding algorithms it simply provides a stack of X/Y coordinates to move along. With Dark AI, is this similar, or is it all hidden from you and all you can do it tell a unit to follow a path or not?

Thanks for putting up with the noob questions!
Hippie Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 19:34
Try posting this in the Dark Physics and A.I. board. There you'll definently get an answer.

Mysteries Surround You
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 02:57
moved

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 14:57

Login to post a reply