Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / girls

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
just curious, how many girls in this comunity. x-d
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 03:25
3 or so:

Rose, Randi and Bunni.

Current Project: Retro Compo. Entry.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 03:34
currently there are 10 here that i know of... probably a few more i don't

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 03:38
hmm, who are the other 7?

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 04:08
Ya know, this really belongs under General Discution.

The Legend of Zelda IS NOT an RPG! It's an Adventure, just like Ico or Dark Cloud.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 04:32
yeah it does but i'm not a mod so i can't move, just continue to add to it
Compton/Demon/i'm sure she has another name
Lady Ice
... a few others i forget the names of
... mmm i could go for a nice can of guiness around now

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 11:02
the question is active girls....

Not that many

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 11:10
I heard of these girl things on the options to a game, if you selected it your character had a growth on their chest, probably cancerous of something.

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
Ben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 15:53
*LOL*

Tha D'lithi'om CRR'ist'lls Can'na Tek it Cap'n!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 16:19
no the girls are active... they just appear to have lives outside of the computer - i know, i know, sounds impossible doesn't it. but i'm pretty sure that the outside world isn't a legend

to be honest this isn't really a girlie place to be - thats probably why most girls don't stay here much ... plus most are more about people interaction, being around real people more
most guys here are happy with sitting by the comp most of the evening working on thier DB stuff, chatting and if they want real people interaction they have thier wives/girlfriends around the house (^_^)
those with kids have kinda given up on that thing called an outside life, i mean you spend so long looking after the lil baerns and when it comes to having more freetime you've kinda forgotten howto have fun cause you've had to be more responsible for someone else for so long - and tired... don't forget you seem to get more used to falling asleep from workin all day, comming home to look at the kids whilst the lil woman sorts out the evening meal and such.
hard enough to actually have the time to get any freetime to hop on the computer long let alone to actually go more than 10ft from your front door

just thought i'd add that lil titbit hehee

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 16:30
yeah i know, they do DB stuff but do not have time to use the forums casue of they have a social life

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
Who cares how many girls? We're all here for one purpose, lets not involve race or gender.

Never stop in the perseverance of knowledge.
The Key to life's secrets is on that road.
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 22:06
its not fun without girls.

Life is boring without flirting etc.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 22:07
says he the happily married man

Rose
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 22:09
hi cycloid!
take a look at the female programmers post from a few month ago.

Raven can you help me with that code I sent you pleasssssseeeeeee!!
i still can't figure out why it won't work, hhheeelllppppppp!

And as for EnchantisoftStudios if you didn't care about girls in this community then why did you even click to read this post and take time out of your bust life to reply to a post that didn't interest you...... :-s

*hugs everyone*
Rose

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
OMG! I'm saying what does it matter? I'm not saying I don't care...geezus H Christ! WTF, over? Rose, I am trying to say it doesn't matter what thr ratio is. guys to girls or how many girls or how many guys. I'm fuckin saying we're all programmers and we have a common task. You know what fuck this fuck tryin to explain myself to you.

Never stop in the perseverance of knowledge.
The Key to life's secrets is on that road.
Rose
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 22:29
sorry, that bust life was meant to say busy life, it's not my fault the y and the t are beside each other on the keyboard!! oops!!

Too much bad language in that last post for my liking EnchantisoftStudios, i apologise if I hurt your feelings. I'm sure you do like girls, and he was just curious when he asked how many.... many he wanted a new email friend,

anyways, sorry
Rose

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 22:49 Edited at: 8th Apr 2003 22:50
lol... i'm sure he could find a new guy friend in that case
that aside - i've got my bro on the msn and told him to figure out the mess i'm claiming is code.
i've tried to fixx it but its like fixxing a bike puncture with one arm for me, everything i finish i end up causeing another problem

you check out the latest version i sent you, i just can't figure it out.. even more baffling is why the hell the guess array doesn't fill, but as i said my bro is working on it now so not sure when you'll get it - but he's better with this kinda thing

[edit-]
and i hope you've rested and are feeling better ... if you're still ill you should wait until your over it before you continue, especially before you start to stress about everything cause it just prolongs the virus

Rose
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 23:04
Awww thanx Raven
I'm actually getting better, I just had the flu and i'm gradually recovering.

I'll have to send you that photo, or maybe you'll allow me to post it on the forum, it's not that bad I promise...

Oh i dyed my hair again, I'm now chocolate brown..... (think i gained some new braincells cause I'm now no longer blonde.)

Did I tell you I'm skipping my graduation to do a summer camp this summer in the states. I fly out at the start of June.
Look out USA, here I come!

Daz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 23:18
Ahhhh! It's a g..g..GIRL! Raven, get it away from me!

*Looks for a cross and garlic*

DarkBASIC Professional is the best programming utility.
8/10 Housewives agree!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 23:28
aww... well you should still take it easi ya know hon no reason to make it worse.
what part the states you gonna be in? (^_^) please say South Cali, it'd be a blast being able to see you again - even for a short time.
perhaps i can return the favour you gave me, i'd be happy if you came and stayed at my place for a while (got a nice ocean veiw)

i'm not sure about the photo though, i mean i did say you could a while back for posting a photo of me ... so if you want to then i can't really argue, but i'd like to see it first if thats oki
wonder how long it'll take you to cycle back to being a redhead, think you looked cute as one

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2003 01:47
I noticed something else about the girl graphics on that computer game, well it wasn't so much with the graphic but with me.

When I selected the girl graphic I immediately started remembering everything that people had ever said to me and I was really upset when I thought about all the broken promises people have made.

Also I couldn't help but notice how awkward my bum felt in the chair, it was like I had suddenly grown an extra 4 inches around my waist.

It didn't end there though, suddenly I lost all sense of reasoning, no longer did it matter if I was right or wrong as long as I got my way.

After playing for a while I was an emotional wreck and started vocally snapping at the monsters in the game. I stopped caring about the big gun I was holding and started harassing them verbally, I started to enjoy torturing the monsters rather than killing them.

Then it happened, I saw an armour pickup that was smaller than the one I was wearing but I put it on anyway and then I immediately went to external view to look at the outfit, I didn't care about the 20 less defence points it gave me.

Something is very wrong with the girl option in games.

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2003 01:54
*lol*

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2003 03:36
... should i take it you've not found that special someone Pneu

Chief Voyager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2003 03:49
Pneu, that's the funniest damn thing i've read all day!

You're ate up like a soup sandwich.
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2003 11:04
hey Rose is here

This is gonna be a interesting topics

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 00:21
lol @ Pneu

PS Has any1 played the Mary-Kate and Ashley games? (Awful)
PPS Is any1 else disturbed by the fact that these once cute little girls are now scarily attractive? (And legal)

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 00:45
i dunno... they're nice but i wouldn't consider them cute - not Raven's cuppa tea as it were hehee

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 01:53
EEWWWWWWWWW!!! Kangaroo2, you're sick, just plan sick. Exquese me while a go barf up everything I had in the last month.

The Legend of Zelda IS NOT an RPG! It's an Adventure, just like Ico or Dark Cloud.
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 02:16
Well I just checked it out and I gotta say the sprites are waaaaay cuter than the photo's, two plain janes doth not a beauty make

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 04:14
Arrow they're 16... thats legal, its weird - but a 14yo is disgusting, but a 16yo is oki well atleast for guys like early 20s
not to say its right, just saying its consider oki now.

weird huh lol

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 07:03
I don't care what age they are, I find them discusting, they seriously need to retire gracefully from the spotlight. They've spent there whole lives in front of the camira, and they're best work is when they could barly talk. It sickens my how they despratly cling to what liitle stardom they got left.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 07:53
actually i think you give 'em like another 3-4years and they'll be doing some worthwhile acting, probably seperately.
and probably ALOT different to what you're used to seeing - i mean they're at that age now where really the TV/FILM industry will want to turn them all slutty, and they'll roll with it cause well ya know. probably washup for a year - rehab or something, then poof! you'll finally get them doing decent roles in movies

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 09:50
No I don't think so, there carears end with Full House, it's just that no one told them. No one wants anybody that has been in a Disney chanel tv series, except Disney. They need to grow up, and get thier own lives away from one another. Living in the spotlight that long can't be healthy. Being twins only gets you so far, and I'm surprised they got this far. The only things left for them are magicains assitants, Doublement gun commercials, and dirty movies.

Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 13:20
Look at their faces in he photo's, the forced smiles, the heavy makeup under the eyes to cover up bags caused by endless nights spent crying 'n boozing... That's at 16.
By the time they reach 20 the best hope they got is if a B movie director likes their work on the casting couch, they may just find themselves giant spider fodder

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 14:07
"Awww thanx Raven"

That's the annoying thing about women, they talk like that and then you feel compelled to help them. I wish we could do that

Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 14:25
You can! but it won't work The best way is to steel yourself against that kind of manipulation, and you find they'll start to fall allover themselves trying to please you
It's the "girls secretly like a**holes" theory
You wonder why girls never seem to know how to program a vcr or fix a toaster, it's not that they couldn't work it out, it's just there's usually an endless procession of guys willing to do it for them!
Best to make them do it for themselves, and feed them strawberries later

Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 15:26
"PS Has any1 played the Mary-Kate and Ashley games? (Awful)"

How little respect do you have for us that you think we would do such a thing?
Ben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 15:44
Rich, Indi, What are your policies on swearing? Last i heard, you could get suspended, or even banned for using the F word, and similar.

Tha D'lithi'om CRR'ist'lls Can'na Tek it Cap'n!
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 16:29
You go girl

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 18:48
lmao dan... you could get away with it if your gay, i hear San Fran is a good place to learn or Birmingham (hehee)
the girls love an ahole is pretty accurate these days, i mean jebus you've gotta practically try to kill them to break up with them now - cause the more your out of order towards them the more they cling to you than a cat that you're trying to give a bath to!

whats ever more fudged up is once your gone they act around all your mates and thiers like they gave you everything and you gave them nothin' oftenly taking the self pitty too far.
and ironically if they'd just been like, "aww i love you... how can you break up with me" and just walk out - then they wouldn't have the fodder to actually use against you with your friends!

do i sound partcularly bitter? lol
(^_^) well anyways Raven has to worry about Rose... she's a mate can't just be like "oh ya ill, get over it and get back to work!" - and i'm sure most of you know, if you rest up you get over something quick - but most will not let go of the keyboard until someone prys it from your hands (oftenly not an easi task with programmers lol)

Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 19:02
Hehe
Don't you mean kitty that you're trying to give a bath to?
Seriously, I've been in situations where the argument has escalated purely for this reason, you wanna make it clear, but that just makes them want you more, and so you get more nasty, and doing everything short of violence to get the message accross:"IT'S OVER!!!" But really, the best thing to do is to wait until they're out and then get the removalists in, (no-one can argue with a note) or, in a more Machiavellian style, (mwuahahahaHAHAHA!) if you use reverse psychology, like be really sooky and fawn all over them, that way you'd fall out of favour pretty quick! and then the words I'm leaving just wouldn't really seem to matter so much! (unless the kitty's bleeding then the situation gets unreadable... suggest waiting about a week)

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 19:31
lmao... no this time i mean a cat - kitties love water they'll spend days in the bath if there was the hot water, cats tend to hate them lol.

Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 19:42
true, true *danmatsuma does the snorkel (*blub blub blub*)*

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 20:28 Edited at: 10th Apr 2003 20:37
lol Umm I've hardly followed their whole career - all I know is they were in "Home Fram Twins" and cute LITTLE girls, now they are in "So Little Time" they've been 16 for ages now, prolly nearly 17 and are certainly looking older, in a curvy kinda way

Come on 16 is hardly paedophilia dude, I'm only 21

...and besides people, its TWINS!!! lmao

samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 21:10
twins can be fun ... :: remembers something :: x-D
but then again still gotta say they're kinda like the girls next door, that are pretty but plain lol
you like the plain girls sam?

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 21:23 Edited at: 10th Apr 2003 21:35

Hmm not sure about plain, but yep, pretty, obtainable girl next door types. Girly, attractive, curvy not stick thin

I like hmmm Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, Kylie and Dannii, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Fearne, Kelly Brooke, Louise Nurding, Britney (b4 she dressed like a hoare), Holly Valance, Faye and Lisa (Ex Steps) and loads more obv All good looking but not so as to make too much effort if ya get what I mean Umm plus I kinda fancy the Cheeky Girls. Sorry bout that one lmao

[edit] It would be a travesty to put smg and not Alyson Hannigan, she's lovely. And I should also point out that recently I'm fancying more and more black girls, Beyonce, Tatyana Ali and Angelica from cbbc to name a few. Also, Um while I'm at it, Donna Air's kinda cute in a common way

Go on, all laugh at my taste in women I would post a pic of my wife but I'm afraid to attract stalkers

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 22:12 Edited at: 10th Apr 2003 22:13
well we go by that my list would be Mellisa-Joan Hart, Holly Valance, Yulia (Black haired on from TATU - saw a pic of her with long hair christ that is one fit girl!!), Venessa Carlton, Heather Locklear, Jessica Alba, etc... kinda a mixxed bunch i guess. But each are the girls that look just as good out of makeup as they do in it, oftnely with each of them the more they put on the worse they look.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 23:14
hmm yep Melissa Joan Hart and Heather Locklear could happily go into my list. My wife fancies Yulia

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 23:48
"My wife fancies Yulia"

I used to worry when people said that, however I saw a program the other night on C4 called "The Truth About Lesbian Sex", and apparently the average woman finds lesbian sex just as hot as normal sex. [Please don't ask why I watched that program, at 12 AM after a long day I'll watch almost anything on TV]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 02:40:30
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 02:40:30