Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK - Version 1.6.2 Released

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 03:23 Edited at: 6th Aug 2006 03:25
There are several functions which have been defined in the headers, where, these functions clearly require a string pointer, i.e. (LPSTR) Yet they have been defined as a DWORD!

This really needs to be looked at, because linking against such functions causes problems. For example, if I change the argument type from a DWORD to an LPSTR, the linker complains... Clearly because the overrided function doesn't exist.

Such functions are:

dbDLLLoad and dbLoadDLL. They have been declared as DWORD in the header files, which is wrong. I use these types to determine the type generated for the DGDK.NET toolkit. An LPSTR is converted and used correctly, where as a DWORD just screws things up. Remember guys, .NET uses UNICODE strings, where as the DGDK does not. So I use the types to automatically convert from UNICODE/non UNICODE and vice versa. If the types defined in the header are clearly wrong, it's making life....well.. difficult.

Please, could you guys sort this out Thanks.

[EDIT] I've managed to get the DGDK.NET toolkit compiled against 1.6.2, but some of the functions fail. Reason is, the function was defined with a DWORD, and my conversion code does not understand this. If it's defined as an LPSTR, then it's interpreted correctly. Remember, I'm updating this tool for over 1400+ functions.

Paul.

Home of the Cartography Shop - DarkBASIC Professional map importer
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 19:15
Morcilla - can you make the shader availiable.

Come to the last Unofficial DBPro Convention (http://convention.logicstudios.net/)
Supplying "NO" since 1974...
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 12:50 Edited at: 7th Aug 2006 12:56
@Zeal and Philbert,

thanks a lot for your interest, I wish I could say the same to TGC.

Shaders are not working yet, I can only think about a problem with my DirectX SDK install (oct05).

I'm going to re-install, but that ghost object issue (that I thought it was because of fade command) makes this update again useless for me. (Edit: Perhaps this will be solved as well? Also, Should I rebuild the .dbo files? Job with an uncertain reward, uh)
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 13:46
Send an e-mail to Lee - that way he will certainly know about it.

Come to the last Unofficial DBPro Convention (http://convention.logicstudios.net/)
Supplying "NO" since 1974...
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 21:56
OK, I got the shaders working now.
I upgraded to DirectX June 2006 SDK.

Two things:

* The Ghost/Fade Object issue doesn't fail all the time. I can see some ghosted objects, still don't know why.

* dbObjectSize must be wrong or has changed. I do notice some differences when casting it with cloned & scaled objects, and these function appear twice at the "DarkSDKBasic3D.h" :

Zeal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 22:19
Ghosted objects (and transparency in general) is jacked up. Hopefully well be getting a update this week (was hoping to see a dev on the boards now that the weekends over...). Well see..

All you need is zeal
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 22:55
Not essential, but a small modification to the header DarkGDK.h

to

Get's rid of redefinition if you define for using deprecated non secure functions.

Paul.

Home of the Cartography Shop - DarkBASIC Professional map importer
Ozzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 06:04
I'm getting no tearing, and no vsync.
I called dbSyncOff() at the start.
When you call dbSync() it draws the scene.
I use my own timer class instead of frames.
I also forced VSYNC to be off in my video card driver.
(nVidia control panel)

I'm getting 250-300+ fps with things compiled under
VC++ Express 2005, and the latest DarkGDK.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 10:51:19
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 10:51:19