Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Skybox - any advice please?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 23:35
Hi all,

I am struggling with my skybox, and in particular what format to use and how to texture it. I'm using DB Classic

I've created my textures in Terragen, so I have 6 in total. I am also able to create a textured cube in 3ds or .x format. After this I have come to a grinding halt.

How do I import the skybox, fully textured? Do 3ds and .x files contain the textures, references to the textures, or neither.

Any help is gratefully appreciated - my terrain looks very stark at the moment!
Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2003 01:10
Well, if you use terragen, there's some neat code supplied that has a skybox working. The skybox will be a .X model which loads the bitmaps seperately, the bitmaps are made with the script supplied - I'm sorry, I can't remember who made it, but I'm assuming this is what your using.

Van-B
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2003 02:18
Is the script on the DB CDs? My full version of DB Classic arrives from Amazon tomorrow (£25 including Dark Matter - bargain!).

I did the terragen stuff manually, saving 6 bitmaps from 6 angles. I then had to import it into a 3D app to create a textured cube model, but that's as far as I got, I couldn't get my head around loading the cube AND the textures into DB.

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2003 22:46
Nah, I got it from DBNet a while ago - I'll be back in a mo if I can find a link.

Van-B

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 20:46:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 20:46:46