Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark Physics Challenge

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 16:12 Edited at: 6th Sep 2006 16:18
@esp-not sure why you crash to windows...is it a silent death?
like medieval coder said you also press the left mouse button to fire rapid succession of spheres.

@RickV-I am glad you like the destruction value however my particle driven shot extraction machine is my fav .

just fire a bunch of shots into the cellar and then follow them down the platform.

Alfred
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 04:17
@bosskeith: Nice timbers and particle usage.

Hallowed are the ori.
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Alfred- Thank you

Alfred
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2006 00:50
8 days ....
Increasing processor speed..
CPU temp --> Overheating!

Hallowed are the ori.
ESP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2006 12:51
Hi bosskeith,

Just spotted this thread again. None of the machines at work could do 32bit graphics. It has been 8 years since we purchased any new PC types except as servers. So I've got a new PC for DBPro etc. with a 3d card with shaders. This stuff is such a shock. Very distracting stuff.

I am going back through the threads re-testing code. Some of this stuff is cool!

Robin
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 10:34
For those who have made something please submit it before the end of Monday. I will get things checked out and arrange prizes.

If you need somewhere to host your files I can arrange that, just email me and it will be sorted.
Alfred
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 19:42
I would like to know if it would posible to receive confirmation of the entry I submited through this forum. (Had trouble sending the file, had to do it several times)

Another thing: It says in the file upload text (apollo upload) that it supports files that are up to 50 MB. I compressed my entry to well under 30 MB and it said that it exceded the maximum upload capacity.

Hallowed are the ori.
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 20:25
Alfred, I received your email but for whatever reason the file did not come through. I have emailed you a location to upload the files.
Alfred
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 22:31 Edited at: 30th Sep 2006 22:49
Please forgive me Mike, but I have a problem eith my internet service/configuration that only allows me to upload very small files. (using ftp - only 32 KB) wich makes many errors- corrupted files.

Apparently if I use an e-mail service I can send bigger files (up to 10 MB). The files that I will be sending you can be recombined by executing the file called "Room_Challenge.bat".

Please forgive the inconveniences wich I am making.

Hallowed are the ori.
Alfred
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 03:51 Edited at: 1st Oct 2006 03:51
Gee. I used another computer & was able to upload the file finally. Please omit all the other e-mails that I sent.

Hallowed are the ori.
Alfred
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2006 21:57
Just a little reminder:

Quote: "please submit it before the end of Monday"

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO ENTER!

Hallowed are the ori.
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2006 22:27
So far there has only been 1 entry from Alfred. If anyone else is going to enter then please supply your final version tonight. Winners will be announced tomorrow.
Medieval Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 00:38 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2006 00:39
I would send mine but it's only a really nice looking fire...in a church/room.

bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 01:09 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2006 01:32
eek i was told we could post them here on the forums. which i had done. Hope it is not too late now.

edit-an e-mail was sent.

Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 22:43
We only had 2 entries for this challenge from Alfred and bosskeith. Both are very good examples of what can be achieved when using Dark Physics with Dark Basic Pro.

Alfreds demo was a house consisting of 3 rooms and one garden. It had many dynamic objects and joints in use along with some shaders. I was able to walk around and break glass, blast tables, throw objects all over, attract objects to me and throw them. It was really well put together and Alfred has done an excellent job with it.

bosskeith's demo was 1 room but just as interesting to play with. It was possible to smash the whole place up. I was particularly impressed with how the glass and walls had been set up. Another fine example of how physics can be used in a demo.

Both entries have won an expansion pack for DB Pro Please email me and let me know which pack you would like.

I'll ask Rich to include your entries and a description of them with screenshots in the next newsletter.
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 23:02 Edited at: 4th Oct 2006 00:26
woo hoo however it is seperated from the 1 room building but if you blast the floor boards you can jump into the cellar and go down the path to the particle powered shot extractor....if you are careful you can kind of crawl down it. basicaly a giant archimedes screw on its side.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:08:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:08:19