Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / i hate you amazon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 21:11
why did this have to happen. i buy dbp and pay for next day delivery on tuesday. then it gets to thursday and im thinking ill email amazon. they then tell me they cant dispatch it till next week. what the hell am i supposed to do now? just sit here eagerly waiting? i cant even plan my game i have in my mind properly because i dont know what all the new commands do. Im gonna cry. What a waste of manoey for next day delivery too.
lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 21:23
Amazon were very good when i ordered dbp and the book very quick delivery.

2ghz, ati radeon mobility 32mb DDR, 30gb, 256mb DDR ram, Win Xp

http://www.apollo-design.com
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 21:29
well why dont you just rub it all over my face ive oredered with them b4 and they were good. its just typical that something i really want, i cant have. Does the darkbasic demo have all the commands? i never really bothered with it. Dl'ed it once but didnt see the point in it since it didnt have help
DangYankee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 21:35 Edited at: 10th Apr 2003 21:39
Well go download the DBP demo, I think it just puts a hugh water mark, and I don't think you can make exe's but it will get you started, and wipe up those tears.
<edit> If you already installed it over 30 days not sure if it will run again. there is a on-line help system somewhere,,RGT, i can't remember for sure.

It's not the size of your code but how efficiently you use it!
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 23:10
no i just like the big list of caommands with examples. darkbasic manual is like a bible. I was gonna take the db pro one to college today and memorise it on the bus but it never came. i mite dl demo or i might just play some games. the latter seems more appealing.
DangYankee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 23:20 Edited at: 10th Apr 2003 23:21
ha ha , ok well take a magnifying glass, it's about the size of those pocket bibles. ahh it's a little bigger. That is my only complaint about the manual, I really wish I could find a word, pdf, or anything so I could printout my own. I know it's big but I print out large documents all the time.

It's not the size of your code but how efficiently you use it!
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2003 01:36
how small is it? im not looking forward to it now lol, but actually it would be handy to keep in my pocket, just in case you know ;P
lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2003 01:41 Edited at: 11th Apr 2003 01:51
the manual is a bit lacking on content too but which is a shame but there are still loads of tuts around and always someone willing to help.

maniac you wanna add my link to your site and ill do the same for you?

2ghz, ati radeon mobility 32mb DDR, 30gb, 256mb DDR ram, Win Xp

http://www.apollo-design.com
denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2003 01:52
Next day delivery is no good if it's not avaliable for a week! I feel for you man!

[url][/url]
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2003 06:36
I'm pretty sure that you can request your money back. They've got to have some policy for that. Good luck.

If you want fresh underwear in the morning, take it off the night before.
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2003 06:48
demand your money back!^_^ It usually works..

The 3D Modeler's Group : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/3dModeler/
The Unofficial DB Newsgroup : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DBMag/
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 11:34
I dont believe it, sons of bitches! amazon did it again. They sed it would be here today even tho i ordered on the 8th of april on next day delivery and now its the 14th. But guess what? postman's been, and no dbpro, and they arent even compensating me... all these sleepless nights just wasiting for it, its like christmas everyday and argh im going mad here. Ive managed to make myself bored of everything else and the one thing i want is the one thing i cant have.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 11:47
hang in there or ask for a refund.

If u purchased DBP from www.realgametools.com u get the bonus of Character FX with the current bundle.

It took 3weeks for the product to land in australia and I went nuts hanging out so I feel for you also.

In the end tho it will happen which ever provider u choose to purchase from.

Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 13:44
u mean i dont get character fx with the amazon one. oh damn, i was looking forward to that. problem is i got it for £18 from amazon i had £35 worth of vouchers i got from college.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2003 03:49
You only get deals that you see on RGT when you order on RGT. I would suggest ordering from them, it may take a while to get there, but it eventually will and Rich is very friendly and helpful.

Oh, and those of us who purchased from RGT got the manuels in PDF form, not sure if anyone else did. (This was before we got the hardcopy manuels btw, they might not come in PDF anymore, and I'm not sure if I'm aloud to put them on the net.)

If I were you, I would demand my money back. Not be email either, use a phone if you can find a number, otherwise you may never get a response. Besides, if you got vouchers from collage, they will pay you back, and you'll have gained some mullah

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2003 05:33
my rgt copy had a bound manual with in no pdf file.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 04:36:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 04:36:19