Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Please help out the biggest FOOL in the world. (Me)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2003 02:08
Well...
Ya know my whole GC online thing? Well, I bidded for one on Ebay ... Without taking much notice. And I can't pay with Paypal
Now ... If he wont let me do a bank transfer, how on Earth do I get a postal/money order? I totally do not understand what they are! Are they quicker than Cheques? (damn these snail mail methods).

So go on -
Help an Idiot today.

Thanks. Denk.
[url]http://dblow.co.uk/images/comingsoon.jpg[/img][/url]
lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2003 02:39
you get postal orders from the post office.

2ghz, ati radeon mobility 32mb DDR, 30gb, 256mb DDR ram, Win Xp

http://www.apollo-design.com
denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2003 02:40
Thanks, but what are they?
They cost anything? I just send it to the person? Are they quicker than cheques?

Thanks alot (sorry man).

[url][/url]
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2003 03:11 Edited at: 11th Apr 2003 03:12
You go to the post office, give them the money and they make a money order out to that amount. You have to pay a small fee for the service, but after that it's kinda better than a cheque, 'cos it can't bounce, which is why people like 'em. It's about the same size as a cheque to look at
[edit]
Oh yeah, send it registered mail, that way the guy can't just say he never got it

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2003 03:13
Postal orders are simular to a cheque, but you can only cash them in at another post office. You don't have to wait for it to clear like you do with a cheque.... as long as the person who's name is on it have some ID with them, the post office will cash it there and then.

You do have to pay extra for a postal order though. It depends on how much it is for... for example >> if you bought say a £20 postal order, it would cost you something like £20.80.... could be more though.

Also.... if you do use postal orders ( Make sure you cross them ) meaning draw two straight vertical lines through the name you put on it. That way no one else can cash it.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2003 03:15 Edited at: 11th Apr 2003 03:17
step one) Go in to your local post office or bank

step two) Ask for a money order (get an international one is the seller is not from your country)

step three) Tell the post master/bank clerk the amount you need to send

step four) Exit the post office/bank with the money order and fill out the address of who you're sending it to and your adrees too (don't forget the Ebay item number in the memo space).

Step five) Remove the carbon copy, place in an evelope and send it.

I use money orders when ever I can on ebay, except when I buy Famicom games from Japan. I use cash then, international money orders cost too much.

(edit) Wow three posts at the same time

The Legend of Zelda IS NOT an RPG! It's an Adventure, just like Ico or Dark Cloud.
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2003 03:17
hehehe, we should all go and work at the bloody post office *lol*

denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2003 03:24
Woah, thanks a hell of alot everyone!!!

Simple - I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Make sure you cross them" just two lines through the receivers name?

Thanks.

[url][/url]
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2003 03:37
Ask the nice post office lady when you go in there how to make your money order non-negotiable and I'm sure she'll help you with that one

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 05:33:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 05:33:12